• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

While we wait for CARB certification...

Gator Motorsport:

423422657_912217047305375_7406622801129911953_n.jpg
428068460_887484896408902_631725561887306974_n.jpg

NOT Gator Motorsport:

New-2024-Lotus-Emira-V6-First-Edition-1704305111.jpg
427960170_772751000955854_8032844091370087522_n.jpg

Decided to call Gentry Toronto to get an update. I didn't get my usual guy .. this guy wasn't as nice let's put it that way. I guess there are no cars in Canada being held at dealerships/warehouses for storage like in the USA. He was saying that Lotus goes in order of deposits when they go down a list and get to you. I asked about the guy in California a month ahead of me with deposit and he has a build date and pickup of August or whatever it was already.. I only hear crickets so far.. He said USA is different and that's what I was trying to say since they have 10x our population etc and allotments.
After some nudging I got some approx. info that they didn't want to estimate previously. I guess they got down to #75 on their deposit list and I'm around #160 with about 225 on their list. I told the guy it would nice just to have some kind of idea on timeframes. I'm going on 2 years just want a basic idea were i stand. I call maybe every 6 months. He finally said I probably got at least another year to wait. lol.. fuk me. I told him some people mentioned that Lotus told them a few months ago that if they were to put and order today that it would only take 12 months to 18 months till delivery. How can that be possible. He said some dealerships are just lying so that you will put a deposit down and then break the news to you when its later than estimated.

I just wish I had some kind of communication from Lotus. They love to keep us mushrooms in the dark.

Glad my car made the cut to be stored inside on a tender at my dealer.

Are you dealers/LotusUSA going to hear from CARB directly the day approval is received or does Lotus just have to wait on it being released to general public first?

Lotus Cars USA will inform the dealer network directly— hopefully, the moment it's received.

C'mon people, let's not have a bunch of bitter, jilted-at-the-altar "Lotus done me wrong" noise. It's a car, it's just a car. Don't compare them as a company to Porsche. They're not ever going to be like Porsche. Porsche probably makes more cars in a week than Lotus has in its entire history.

Lotus is a very small company, it's behaving like a very small company, and it's going to continue to behave like a very small company. Don't expect anything more and you wont be disappointed, because you aren't going to get anything more. You will however, get a stunningly beautiful sports car; the last of it's breed.

We're now within less than a month of getting over the last hurdle, then we're on to delivery, pickup, and LOTS of excited posts and stories about our new cars. I'm sure there will be a few shitshow posts too, but that's life. As @Nova said, we're almost there.
I am literally watching every Emira youtube video on repeat dating back to the summer of 2021. I am so excited about my ICE GREY interior. I haven't had an update from my dealer since December when he said plan for March or April. I forgot the individuals post on here but he talked about all the cars he test drove and that the Emira was his favorite. His post has really stuck with me. I just look around and nobody is making these cars so I am glad Lotus is still mid engine manual for the drivers. I do want the brand to sell a lot of Electres and I want the Type 135 EV (or whatever it is) to be a huge success. I am going to see the Electre next weekend so I am excited about that. Almost there indeed! When I get the call I will act just like a contestant from the Price is Right. "Pegasi, come on down!!!"

Just hold on a little longer, guys. We are almost there. I'm going to go make peking duck now. Having folks over for dinner. This should keep my mind off of things for a few hours.
Now you've gone and done it. Now that we know you're capable of culinary feats on the scale of PEKING DUCK at HOME do you think the northern VA Emira cohort is going to ever forget? We're going to plan meets at your house! 🤤

Lotus Cars USA will inform the dealer network directly— hopefully, the moment it's received.
Thanks to Gator for being good stewards of customer cars. This entire process has been a case study in mismanagment on Lotus' part, so at least Gator and other responsible dealers are doing what they can to honor their customers significant investments. Much appreciated Gator!!

Got same email. So nothing has changed Lotus don't know shit about anything.

Guess this enail was to butter us u for the next email on March 13 letting us know that CARB has not passed but we promise you will get you car at your 3 year birthday of waiting. this is such F#@*(@ Bull Shit.
Not only Did FE.1 owners get screwed in being told there will only be 700 made now there are FE.2. so definitely not a special car.
Sorry I sold my 2021 Evora GT now that was/is a special car.
I am at the point where i honestly give a rats arse when I get the car or not.
May even give it back to the dealership once i get it. They can flip it for me.
Already keeping my eyes out for a GT3 or McLaren.
Thanks for listening to my rant, but just had enough of Lotus's shit

Lotus:
ca4.jpg

Decided to call Gentry Toronto to get an update. I didn't get my usual guy .. this guy wasn't as nice let's put it that way. I guess there are no cars in Canada being held at dealerships/warehouses for storage like in the USA. He was saying that Lotus goes in order of deposits when they go down a list and get to you. I asked about the guy in California a month ahead of me with deposit and he has a build date and pickup of August or whatever it was already.. I only hear crickets so far.. He said USA is different and that's what I was trying to say since they have 10x our population etc and allotments.
After some nudging I got some approx. info that they didn't want to estimate previously. I guess they got down to #75 on their deposit list and I'm around #160 with about 225 on their list. I told the guy it would nice just to have some kind of idea on timeframes. I'm going on 2 years just want a basic idea were i stand. I call maybe every 6 months. He finally said I probably got at least another year to wait. lol.. fuk me. I told him some people mentioned that Lotus told them a few months ago that if they were to put and order today that it would only take 12 months to 18 months till delivery. How can that be possible. He said some dealerships are just lying so that you will put a deposit down and then break the news to you when its later than estimated.

I just wish I had some kind of communication from Lotus. They love to keep us mushrooms in the dark.
Just got back from the auto show which started today, Gentry is set up there so that’s why you won’t be getting the normal folks at the dealership.

They really don’t know anything we don’t know, and he did tell me there’s a rep for Canada so that’s why they may not get the same updates as the US dealers. Lotus really left a mess for dealers to clean up sending that e-mail telling everyone a few weeks. I think the discrepancy is that Gentry is honest and trying to set proper expectations while some dealers may just try to get the business and give you the best case old news from Lotus that’s no longer accurate lol.

Their cars are still in the US, nothing here yet. 15 or so which I believe are all the FE 1s. Got an update that mine looks to now be in production (March slot V6 manual). I believe a bunch of FE 2s are produced and awaiting shipment, while some are still open (not in production yet). It also sounds like allotments we’ve heard about have just been given to dealers for final FEs.

A couple notes from the show, Lotus set up in the exotics section, Emira getting tons of attention relative to others (most ppl don’t know what it is). Seeing it in person the front end is so much wider and muscular than pictures do justice.

Attachments

• IMG_1624.jpeg
    IMG_1624.jpeg
    282.9 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1626.jpeg
    IMG_1626.jpeg
    322.6 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1627.jpeg
    IMG_1627.jpeg
    427.9 KB · Views: 106
Just got back from the auto show which started today, Gentry is set up there so that’s why you won’t be getting the normal folks at the dealership.

They really don’t know anything we don’t know, and he did tell me there’s a rep for Canada so that’s why they may not get the same updates as the US dealers. Lotus really left a mess for dealers to clean up sending that e-mail telling everyone a few weeks. I think the discrepancy is that Gentry is honest and trying to set proper expectations while some dealers may just try to get the business and give you the best case old news from Lotus that’s no longer accurate lol.

Their cars are still in the US, nothing here yet. 15 or so which I believe are all the FE 1s. Got an update that mine looks to now be in production (March slot V6 manual). I believe a bunch of FE 2s are produced and awaiting shipment, while some are still open (not in production yet). It also sounds like allotments we’ve heard about have just been given to dealers for final FEs.

A couple notes from the show, Lotus set up in the exotics section, Emira getting tons of attention relative to others (most ppl don’t know what it is). Seeing it in person the front end is so much wider and muscular than pictures do justice.
Erection Intensifies. I only wish I would not have gotten the darn privacy glass.

1708125173741.png

Is this how you received the Emiras? Are those wrapped Emiras on the right?

Unfortunately mine is sitting outside in the elements as there’s no room at the dealership.

I've not been waiting as long as most here; nonetheless this is beyond frustrating. I thought we would at least have an update this week. Worked out a deal and will be trading my 992s for the Emira (for better or worse) and have resisted driving it since then to keep the milage low. Now thinking.. screw it.. why should I be deprived of driving a sports car because of Lotus' incompetence.

Unfortunately mine is sitting outside in the elements as there’s no room at the dealership.
Mine's been sitting outside at Norfolk since January 18th.
Even if/when Carb gets approved I probably have at least another month after that.😢

We only need to remember the gen 2 NSX to see that Lotus is not alone in missed deadlines and promises. Honda is a major car company, but it took 5 years from their announcement to finally selling the car. For a while there lots of negative press stories and frustrated customers. Eventually, everyone got their car.

My son is waiting on a new Chevy Colorado. GM didn’t get all the 2023 orders built, so the 2024 orders are delayed too. He’s been told his truck is built, but there’s no date for delivery. GM is holding all Colorados. They are not saying why they are holding the trucks. Same as for us, there’s lots of complaining and speculation. We are not alone. The Emira will be worth the wait.

I wonder if the dealer would let me go down there and ceramic coat the car while it'sitting. What's the chance they would let me use their wash bay and a spot inside somewhere...

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back