• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I think that this car is so far off from what you ordered (presumably your ideal spec) that you should probably wait. I like the a zinc color but it is a unique taste (My order is Vivid Red as well). Than there is manual versus auto. There must be a distinct reason why you chose an auto trans in your spec. I think a color change is easier to live with than a transmission change, which you have to work with every day. I would wait if I were you as these two cars are opposite from your dream spec.

The Daily Telegraph is reporting this morning that thousands of luxury cars have been impounded at US ports due to concerns they contain parts made through forced labour in China - anybody know if Lotus has been impacted?
My 911T is at Benicia. 4-8 weeks wait...

Hey all. I’m in a bit of a dilemma here.

I ordered a vivid red Emira with the auto trans and touring suspension. While ETA for automatic 2.0s is unknown…. My dealer texted me today asking if I wanted a zinc 2.0 that’s on the lot, with the manual and sport suspension instead.

Essentially, it’s the complete opposite of what I ordered… but an opportunity to secure and enjoy an Emira much sooner (with a proper transmission that’s $2k less as well).

I’m torn - I really wanted that baby Ferrari red/tan combo, but I’ve also heard the auto isn’t good. This zinc looks really cool and I’ve never had such a color.

View attachment 37291
Agree with other posters. Color makes a big difference in sportscars for me- they feel like they have a different personality. Non-sportscars not so much. I would wait for the color you want. And well trans is a big deal also.

Agree with other posters. Color makes a big difference in sportscars for me- they feel like they have a different personality. Non-sportscars not so much. I would wait for the color you want. And well trans is a big deal also.
Ditto for me. I’ll add that Lotus SLC did have V6 manual allocations available when I visited a couple weeks ago. So that might be an option - get the spec you want with a manual.

So if they are done producing FEs, does that mean all auto v6 cars will be base and none will be FE?

Good question!!!!! Looking like it. Unless they want to go the "First Edition Automatic" Route which I doubt.

So if they are done producing FEs, does that mean all auto v6 cars will be base and none will be FE?
I would say that is highly unlikely. Lotus will continue to fulfil V6 Auto and I4 FE orders globally. Also, very much doubt they have finished producing V6 manual FEs just yet.

It might even be 'possible' that they may be delivering V6 auto and I4 FEs at same time as initial base models

Good question!!!!! Looking like it. Unless they want to go the "First Edition Automatic" Route which I doubt.
If FE v6 production has ended, I would take this to mean that the automatic V6 FE cars for the US market gave been made already.

Lotus Executives: I believe we should impress on ALL our employees to follow this easy to read chart on our execution, any objections?

Lotus Executives: No, I believe this will get us to the top! -cheers-

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fb9712111-469e-442e-a335-417f7711a1f2_792x612.gif

Lotus Executives: Mike, can you give us an update on the I4?

Mike: Sure, we are having some major setbacks that will be resolved....soon -small smiles from the staff turn to giggles-. It would appear we are having some major cooling issues directly related to the heat produced by the turbo charger, it seems Bob in Engineers did not correctly vet the heat apertures in the modeling system. Additionally, we are having some power transfer issues related to the transmission. We havent worked those bugs out, but we are getting to them...soon -more giggles-. We are requesting at LEAST a 2 year delay to investigate.

Lotus Executives: Ok Mike, that's disappointing, but Geely is stuffing us with money still, so quite frankly I don't give a shit, so how about 3 years?

Mike: Perfect.

Le fin.

----------------------------

Calgary Lotus charging $6,995 (+ taxes) for combined freight and pdi. This is down from the $8995 amount they initially suggested. They say freight has gone up on British-made vehicles, such as Lotus and Aston Martin. Has anyone else in Canada received an actual offer to purchase which specifies freight and pdi amount(s) for the Emira? If so, please post the amount(s).

Calgary Lotus charging $6,995 (+ taxes) for combined freight and pdi. This is down from the $8995 amount they initially suggested. They say freight has gone up on British-made vehicles, such as Lotus and Aston Martin. Has anyone else in Canada received an actual offer to purchase which specifies freight and pdi amount(s) for the Emira? If so, please post the amount(s).
4500 in Montreal

Ditto for me. I’ll add that Lotus SLC did have V6 manual allocations available when I visited a couple weeks ago. So that might be an option - get the spec you want with a manual.
Lotus SLC is the dealer this grey one is at. It’s their last FE. Should I take it, my automatic 2.0 would become available.

Lotus SLC is the dealer this grey one is at. It’s their last FE. Should I take it, my automatic 2.0 would become available.
If you don’t mind absorbing likely depreciatio, you could take the grey one now, and decide if you would rather have the red auto when it arrives.

Unless you have some sort of physical limitation, or maybe will be using it to drive in traffic everyday as a daily, i'd really suggest getting the manual. Obviously, ALL personal preference. But if I was going to get an automatic, id get some EV rocketship instead.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back