• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Can we also ban anyone that mentions Porsche?

Im going to grab my popcorn once that US/NA base configurator comes online. Will be really interesting to see how much premium the FE1.0 and 2.0 Colors are, what will be the base colors???????? Will be interesting.
My Lotus salesperson said the base Evora colors were flat red and flat white.
So perhaps the Emira base colors will be Vivid Red and Mist White. They are 2.0 colors so closer to base release date.

My Lotus salesperson said the base Evora colors were flat red and flat white.
So perhaps the Emira base colors will be Vivid Red and Mist White. They are 2.0 colors so closer to base release date.
I would expect the base colors to be non-metallic. Most likely a plain white like some of the prototype cars were, and either a plain black or red. In the U.S., black, white and a shade of gray seems to be the standard colors everyone offers. The Emira being a sports car, maybe they'll offer a nice plain red as one of the base colors.

I would expect the base colors to be non-metallic. Most likely a plain white like some of the prototype cars were, and either a plain black or red. In the U.S., black, white and a shade of gray seems to be the standard colors everyone offers. The Emira being a sports car, maybe they'll offer a nice plain red as one of the base colors.
I'd honestly be surprised if they added more paints and didn't just make 1 color free and the rest paid options.

I wonder if the dealer would let me go down there and ceramic coat the car while it'sitting. What's the chance they would let me use their wash bay and a spot inside somewhere...
They probably won't let you do anything meaningful to the paint until the deal is signed. There's always the chance that the deal won't actually close, and they would need to sell the car to someone else.

I'd honestly be surprised if they added more paints and didn't just make 1 color free and the rest paid options.

My salesperson gave me a late Evora GT brochure which featured 3 pages of color options (20+) labeled Standard, Metallic, Premium, Bespoke. Salesperson said the standard colors (flat red and white) were free but other options ranged from $3k-$5k. Big difference: Evora was hand painted (more expensive but possibly easier to provide custom colors?) vs Emira is painted by robots (cheaper production but possibly limited in color options?)

I wonder if the dealer would let me go down there and ceramic coat the car while it'sitting. What's the chance they would let me use their wash bay and a spot inside somewhere...
My dealer arranged for a Lotus certified PPF/Coating installer do PPF and/or Revivify ceramic coating while we all wait. It was a group deal, they needed 6 cars, and got them obviously w/o issue. Best thing, we do not pay until you get your car, and pricing was better than the local shops.
as this is a Lotus certified installer, they can not deny warranty claims, or claim it is due to the film. It was pre-purchase applied.

Attachments

• Attachment.jpeg
    Attachment.jpeg
    274.5 KB · Views: 104
  • Attachment.jpeg
    Attachment.jpeg
    244.6 KB · Views: 100
My dealer arranged for a Lotus certified PPF/Coating installer do PPF and/or Revivify ceramic coating while we all wait. It was a group deal, they needed 6 cars, and got them obviously w/o issue. Best thing, we do not pay until you get your car, and pricing was better than the local shops.
as this is a Lotus certified installer, they can not deny warranty claims, or claim it is due to the film. It was pre-purchase applied.
Was this Cape Fear? If so, I would have liked them to have called me but maybe my car isn’t in yet, (although a month + ago they said it was on its way from Baltimore).

Do you mind sharing the cost? Full or partial PPF?

Thanks

Was this Cape Fear? If so, I would have liked them to have called me but maybe my car isn’t in yet, (although a month + ago they said it was on its way from Baltimore).
It was, I am not sure if your car would have arrived too late, or if they had already all spots filled in order or car arrival.….they guy is obviously traveling to multiple dealerships…...
I did inquire to him about doing something like this last summer already, my car was the first that was done….they will have the side windows tinted this week as well. 35% NC legal…..

Do you mind sharing the cost? Full or partial PPF?

Thanks
Full wrap (95%) and the other 5% with Revivify, it is a next generation ceramic, with sealfhealing properties, and relatively thick For a ceramic coating. $6k all in. My local Raleigh guy would have been $6,500. Others were $7 to $7.5k. The fact that it is Lotus certified was the key though

It was, I am not sure if your car would have arrived too late, or if they had already all spots filled in order or car arrival.….they guy is obviously traveling to multiple dealerships…...
I did inquire to him about doing something like this last summer already, my car was the first that was done….they will have the side windows tinted this week as well. 35% NC legal…..
Ok, thanks, I’ll reach out to them to see if there will be a repeat offering. I might even take a trip down there to see what’s going on.

Is it for sure known that a base with all of the added options of a FE will be a lot more in price? Or similar in cost?
it better be otherwise whats the point? expecting to save ~5k seems like a safe bet

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back