• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Well I just bought a decat from GRP, some caliper decals (I’m getting the calipers changed from black to red to match the red interior stiching) and I ordered 45 samples of powder coating gold / bronze colors to pick from and get the wheels done.
Now my plan is to have the dealer do all that (and windows tint) in the next few days so when CARB gets approved I can get the car exactly how I want it from the start… it just gives me a reason to be patient since “custom work” is getting done anyways 😅😅
Will decat void the warranty.

Will decat void the warranty.
This is a topic of contention. Depending on who you ask (especially folks that work at lotus) they may say yes it will void it but the reality of it is many dealers don’t care and I’ve never experienced a declined warranty work because of the decat.

That being said, members should not go around posting they did the decat as evidently lotus folks lurk around these forums and could have a basis for declining a warranty claim.

I just heard Lotus is shipping cars back to the UK. Did anybody else hear this?

Big if true!
(Sorry, just trying to tweak people for "Happy Monday")

I just heard Lotus is shipping cars back to the UK. Did anybody else hear this?

Big if true!
(Sorry, just trying to tweak people for "Happy Monday")
They did send 20 Emiras back that was loaded onto ships in error. They might have been CARB state cars.

I am tired of waiting. So I bought a 2024 Subaru BRZ TS. Man oh man. I felt as if I was driving a lotus. It’s a car that embraces the motto of simplify and add lightness. It is probably the best canyon car I have ever driven.
Now I am done waiting, I will just get some popcorn and watch the $h*t show starring lotus, carb, and U.S. dealers.

0a0ad424bf5a38a1b42bb8f795e38b72.jpeg

469951948bf902f46732ac0b2c6d1c23.jpeg

I am tired of waiting. So I bought a 2024 Subaru BRZ TS. Man oh man. I felt as if I was driving a lotus. It’s a car that embraces the motto of simplify and add lightness. It is probably the best canyon car I have ever driven.
Now I am done waiting, I will just get some popcorn and watch the $h*t show starring lotus, carb, and U.S. dealers.

View attachment 37349

View attachment 37350
I sat in that exact model this weekend at my local international auto show and instantly noticed how well they nailed the driving position and feel. Really enjoyed the fit of the alcantara bucket seats as well. Seriously considering calling my local dealership for a test drive.

This is a topic of contention. Depending on who you ask (especially folks that work at lotus) they may say yes it will void it but the reality of it is many dealers don’t care and I’ve never experienced a declined warranty work because of the decat.

That being said, members should not go around posting they did the decat as evidently lotus folks lurk around these forums and could have a basis for declining a warranty claim.

In the US you're protected by Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, but the real question is -- if you're denied warranty by the dealer or Lotus -- are you ready to lawyer up?

View attachment 37349

View attachment 37350
Congratulations I bought a 2023
It is an amazing car. I love it

Well I just bought a decat from GRP, some caliper decals (I’m getting the calipers changed from black to red to match the red interior stiching) and I ordered 45 samples of powder coating gold / bronze colors to pick from and get the wheels done.
Now my plan is to have the dealer do all that (and windows tint) in the next few days so when CARB gets approved I can get the car exactly how I want it from the start… it just gives me a reason to be patient since “custom work” is getting done anyways 😅😅
Great idea on doing it prior. Going to do the same just texted dealer to get info on this. Does the cat delete sound more aggressive or just strictly a bit extra power?

Long time reader, first time poster. First and foremost - I am so excited for the car. Worth the wait I am sure. But I guess my question is how does the CARB process not interfere with interstate commerce law?

I'm slated for an FE2 (June 2022 Deposit so not nearly as long as some of you all) so hoepfully all sorted before mine ships!

Well there’s an answer. Not thrilled anyone know if this is all dealers or just Naples View attachment 37353
Not all dealers. I had a lotus dealer installed my GRP one my Evora. When I asked them about warranty they wer toeing the line of we ll do it just don’t go yapping about it.

In any event, if you’re able to, install the thing yourself. After I was trying out different exhausts I got tired of going back and forth to the dealer and just installed the decat and exhaust in my driveway. It’s pretty easy

Not all dealers. I had a lotus dealer installed my GRP one my Evora. When I asked them about warranty they wer toeing the line of we ll do it just don’t go yapping about it.

In any event, if you’re able to, install the thing yourself. After I was trying out different exhausts I got tired of going back and forth to the dealer and just installed the decat and exhaust in my driveway. It’s pretty easy
What level of difficulty are we talking here from 1-10? I’m handyISH

What level of difficulty are we talking here from 1-10? I’m handyISH
3? It’s literally removing some metal pipes and clamps lol. I’m handyish too. There’s some good guides out there on lotustalk forum. I could see it being difficult it there was rust etc but on a brand new car I would imagine it come right off

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back