• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Full wrap (95%) and the other 5% with Revivify, it is a next generation ceramic, with sealfhealing properties, and relatively thick For a ceramic coating. $6k all in. My local Raleigh guy would have been $6,500. Others were $7 to $7.5k. The fact that it is Lotus certified was the key though
That's a great price. My dealer wanted 3k for a ceramic coating. Needless to say, I didn't take that offer.

Full wrap (95%) and the other 5% with Revivify, it is a next generation ceramic, with sealfhealing properties, and relatively thick For a ceramic coating. $6k all in. My local Raleigh guy would have been $6,500. Others were $7 to $7.5k. The fact that it is Lotus certified was the key though
Yeah I was tempted to join you on this but I didn't particularly want anything "Lotus certified" coupled with a 2 hour drive to Wilmington. It looks fantastic though and I'm sure they did a great job. I'll probably just do ceramic or something around Raleigh. I don't think I can justify $6K+ for full PPF.

Yeah I was tempted to join you on this but I didn't particularly want anything "Lotus certified" coupled with a 2 hour drive to Wilmington. It looks fantastic though and I'm sure they did a great job. I'll probably just do ceramic or something around Raleigh. I don't think I can justify $6K+ for full PPF.
Shane told me they offer shuttle service with covered trailer from Raleigh to their dealership……..I like that piece or mind in case of warranty work. Service I will take care of myself.

FYI. Got quoted for a full wrap for my friend's 718s for $4300 and ended up doing a front and rear wrap with ceramic for $2300 at the place that did my RS5 in Northern CA. Asked about the Emira and they say probably $5500 full wrap with ceramic.

IMO $6k+ is high for your new car to look exactly the same. Parcal ppf on high-impact debre areas should be enough if your paranoid.

(There’s almost no risk on Lotus saying certified bc ppf protects paint anyway. The only benefit is that it's done before you car is delivered)

A high-end custom shop quoted $6k to exotic color wrap the Emira including door jams.

I'd aim for $3k-5k for a color-changing wrap, but to simply preserve the OEM look I'd suggest lower than $6k.

Last edited:
Economy is not doing so hot. I feel like the pricing pressures of last year may be easing. PPF costs are probably coming down as a result.

FYI. Got quoted for a full wrap for my friend's 718s for $4300 and ended up doing a front and rear wrap with ceramic for $2300 at the place that did my RS5 in Northern CA. Asked about the Emira and they say probably $5500 full wrap with ceramic.
Which shop?

Which shop?

San Jose location. Ask for Gus, He will usually come in under on the final bill. I was initially quoted $4500 for the full wrap on the 718 but it was $4300 when we drop the car off but my friend decided they just want the front and rear wrap with full ceramic coat.

Did the "$6k all in" include paint correction?

Did the "$6k all in" include paint correction?
They said the paint was pretty good, very little wetsanding and/or buffing. Clay-barring as well…..
there was A very small black dot at the fron bumper, fortunately it was in the top of the clear coat, so came right out.

I just had full front, sides and additional high impact area PPF installed to include paint correction followed by full ceramic coating from an established high end shop. They included warranty on the work. They came to dealership to do the install on the Emria. Price was a little under 5k. Not exactly cheap but on par. That piano black below the doors will be a scratch magnet, hence the need for PPF. Would probably prefer wax and sealant to ceramic since car will be garage kept and never really all that dirty but at least ceramic is easier to wash. Unfortunately, ceramic does have some negatives.

IMO $6k+ is high for your new car to look exactly the same. Parcal ppf on high-impact debre areas should be enough if your paranoid.

(There’s almost no risk on Lotus saying certified bc ppf protects paint anyway. The only benefit is that it's done before you car is delivered)

A high-end custom shop quoted $6k to exotic color wrap the Emira including door jams.

I'd aim for $3k-5k for a color-changing wrap, but to simply preserve the OEM look I'd suggest lower than $6k.
Agree here. If I’m going to full wrap a car I’m going to play with the colors a bit. If the paint is as 💩 as everyone says I’m tempted to order the base “free” color and use the savings to wrap it Exige Orange or something.

Color wrap and PPF wrap are not the same. PPF is thicker and protects against debris impact... also has self healing properties. Color wrap is just that... color change with thin stretchy film.

Also not all PPF installers are the same. IMHO most are mediocre. The really good ones have zero seams, no relief cuts, no exposed edges, no stretch marks. There is zero evidence it even exists. It's definitely an art form for the expert installers. All others simply lay down plotter cut pieces for quick application.

Color wrap and PPF wrap are not the same. PPF is thicker and protects against debris impact... also has self healing properties. Color wrap is just that... color change with thin stretchy film.

I have no stock in color wraps but they aren't as vulnerable as that lol.

I've had a car with color wrap and one with PPF.

Color wraps still protect the paint. A vehicle ran over a shredded tire slab on the high way launching it into my bumper. Took the wrap off and the paint was perfectly fine.

Some Color wraps come in PPF now(which should still be less thank $6k. Depends on your location I guess)

I’m pretty OCD and looking for a good recommendation in the SoCal area. Found a shop that did really nice PPF (no seams can’t tell it’s there), but their ceramic coat kind of sucked. Not sure I would try them to do paint correction either. Installers are definitely not the same and the good ones tend to be pricey.

Captains Log Stardate 4117 - it’s been 972-ish days (oh hell I forget, a long f$cking time) since the promise of an Emira. While we remain hopeful that soon may mean this week, Mr. Spock continues to remind me that Lotus is not logical.

Screw you Spock, I’m optimistic this week!

Well I just bought a decat from GRP, some caliper decals (I’m getting the calipers changed from black to red to match the red interior stiching) and I ordered 45 samples of powder coating gold / bronze colors to pick from and get the wheels done.
Now my plan is to have the dealer do all that (and windows tint) in the next few days so when CARB gets approved I can get the car exactly how I want it from the start… it just gives me a reason to be patient since “custom work” is getting done anyways 😅😅

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back