• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Long time reader, first time poster. First and foremost - I am so excited for the car. Worth the wait I am sure. But I guess my question is how does the CARB process not interfere with interstate commerce law?

I'm slated for an FE2 (June 2022 Deposit so not nearly as long as some of you all) so hoepfully all sorted before mine ships!

Welcome to the party @showtime 🎉

I sat in that exact model this weekend at my local international auto show and instantly noticed how well they nailed the driving position and feel. Really enjoyed the fit of the alcantara bucket seats as well. Seriously considering calling my local dealership for a test drive.
Yeah go for a test drive. It is amazing. If they have the regular BRZ and a BRZ ts, try to drive both and compare the differences.

So Quickjack required then?

Whatever you got! I just back my GT up on ramps in my garage to work back there. I never dropped an Emira diffuser, but I imagine it's very similar. It'd probably be possible without even lifting the car at all, but more room is always better.

Here's a pic I took a couple years ago when I first got to see one in person. Looks even easier to remove on the Emira.

Last edited:
Long time reader, first time poster. First and foremost - I am so excited for the car. Worth the wait I am sure. But I guess my question is how does the CARB process not interfere with interstate commerce law?

I'm slated for an FE2 (June 2022 Deposit so not nearly as long as some of you all) so hoepfully all sorted before mine ships!
In general you are right. States cannot enact their own rules that restrict interstate commerce. However, the federal government can grant waivers and the Clean Air Act gives EPA such authority to waive federal emissions requirements if a state's own requirements are more strict.

In general you are right. States cannot enact their own rules that restrict interstate commerce. However, the federal government can grant waivers and the Clean Air Act gives EPA such authority to waive federal emissions requirements if a state's own requirements are more strict.
Is there a dislike button haha.

Well there’s an answer. Not thrilled anyone know if this is all dealers or just Naples View attachment 37353

thats common for all dealers, they dont do aftermarket. gotta find another shop to do it. dealers will typically only make OEM modifications. they are covering their ass

Whatever you got! I just back my GT up on ramps in my garage to work back there. I never dropped an Emira diffuser, but I imagine it's very similar. It'd probably be possible without even lifting the car at all, but more room is always better.

Here's a pic I took a couple years ago when I first got to see one in person. Looks even easier to remove on the Emira.

This that a new US Emira that already has bumper damage? (Under Rt exhaust tip)

They did send 20 Emiras back that was loaded onto ships in error. They might have been CARB state cars.
Interesting. I've not been keeping a very close eye on the shipping thing. Are they still not shipping CARB state cars? It seems weird at this point to discriminate as they seem to be pretty steadfast to the no sales till CARB passes policy. Why not start shipping to all locations?

Is that a boston or a pittie in your profile pic?!

Boston! Here are my two girls together. 295/30 Cup2 for scale. 😉

20240219_154831.jpg

1000017012.jpg

This that a new US Emira that already has bumper damage? (Under Rt exhaust tip)

Nah, this was way back in Dec. 2021 when their shadow grey roadshow car was making the rounds. It wasn't even a full production model, so there may have been some tweaks to that under tray since.

I read on a Facebook forum that all V6 Manual FE models have been built. Can anyone confirm? (V1 and V2)

Great idea on doing it prior. Going to do the same just texted dealer to get info on this. Does the cat delete sound more aggressive or just strictly a bit extra power?
Little more power, about a 20-25% increase in volume and a deeper exhaust note for sure.
If Vilem is still at Naples talk to him about it and he can fill you in more.

Big if true.....lol
Well I just bought a decat from GRP, some caliper decals (I’m getting the calipers changed from black to red to match the red interior stiching) and I ordered 45 samples of powder coating gold / bronze colors to pick from and get the wheels done.
Now my plan is to have the dealer do all that (and windows tint) in the next few days so when CARB gets approved I can get the car exactly how I want it from the start… it just gives me a reason to be patient since “custom work” is getting done anyways 😅😅
Share pictures should be incredible

I read on a Facebook forum that all V6 Manual FE models have been built. Can anyone confirm? (V1 and V2)
I don’t think so. I just spec my 2.0 on Friday with a projected June build. Books are supposed to close tomorrow, at least at Boardwalk.

if you’re guys keeping your muffler stock and y pipe stock . What de cat pioe are you planing to buy ?

If you’re going to do full exhaust with stock headers what you’re thinking to buy ?

Thanks .

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back