• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I think those kinds of software issues have been ironed out by now. If we're going to have any kind of issues, I would expect it to be battery related. Especially since our cars have sat for months now while waiting CARB certification.
I agree. I think the Brits and Chinese took the brunt of "teething" for us. I expect my 1st day coming back from Austin with hours of back roads and added twisty hill country time, to be quite enjoyable. (But I will have some tools in the support vehicle just in case 😉)

To be clear, I was referring to the annoyances that would come with being stranded, not the financially implications that can come with it. I’m all about self diagnosing and disconnecting the battery with my 10mm wrench and be on my way. But if it’s not something we can fix (eg a software issue that won’t allow your car to restart), we will need to get a hotel, tow the car to a HOPEFULLY near-by lotus dealer many hours from home and then wait a few weeks until they can look at it? And then when it’s ready to be picked up; fly back and drive it home? To be fair, knowing issues could arise I’m still pumped for the car. And, as I think about it these are the kind of stories that my wife and I will talk about years from now but am hoping all goes well 👍🏻
I'm not aware of any reported starting issue with these cars that hasn't been able to be sorted with a manual reset via a disconnected battery. The folks that report being "stranded" for a period of time seem to mostly be people who either aren't comfortable or aren't willing to take that step.

Yeah, i mean it’s pretty obvious that’s what you ment, people here are just very sensitive to any criticism of lotus. I said bailed after the 3rd delay because i don’t see the car really worth the wait when there are other options as well as the mid rate reviews and my lack of being wow’d during my test drive.
Sounds like a pretty negative experience all around! Best move along then?

A13usaonutL._CLa_2140,2000_41ECJio+u9L.png_0,0,2140,2000+0.0,0.0,2140.0,2000.0_AC_UY1000_.jpg

SHOTS FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT CAT PICK IS 3PIC.
Went to that dealer to see the cars (after the pic was posted) they were not happy about it at all - now I'm sure they are REALLY not gonna be happy about it.. :ROFLMAO:

Went to that dealer to see the cars (after the pic was posted) they were not happy about it at all - now I'm sure they are REALLY not gonna be happy about it.. :ROFLMAO:
After the cat pic was posted?? Lol

hold up, so is CARB official now? after yesterday lotus of Naples post, I can't go through any more high blood pressure moments.

I'm not aware of any reported starting issue with these cars that hasn't been able to be sorted with a manual reset via a disconnected battery. The folks that report being "stranded" for a period of time seem to mostly be people who either aren't comfortable or aren't willing to take that step.
That’s really good to know. As an Evora S1 and and Evora GT owner, I’ve learned to keep a small bag of wrenches/sockets and Allen keys in a bag I keep in the car should I need them.

Although its seems like a simple problem to solve especially since its the same "approved" engine straight out of the Evora GT, I thought I'd provide the California Air Resource Board bureaucrats some needed help...

CARB insert.png