• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

First time I've seen this guy's content. His presentation is a bit too "fast forward" for me, but his GF looks so much like an ex of mine that I did a double-take. Particularly the shots in the car. Points for weird personal nostalgia?
I skipped to the Emira part, but even then only watched about 29 seconds before I just had to stop it.

LOL, Naples got me good.
As an Auto FE V6 deposit holder
I was told by my dealer my automatic FE V6 is delayed to December of 2024 now. I went by and checked out the zinc grey car and the ‘color’ just wasn’t speaking to me.

My dealer then told me they just had a client back out of his black Emira with red interior, gloss black wheels and sport suspension. It’s on a ship to the US currently and should be in their showroom this week. It’s the only black car in the state of Utah - so I transferred my deposit over. I’m wildly in love with this awesome spec.

Cannot wait!

View attachment 37380
As a Auto FEV6 deposit holder, I hope it's not December, but at this point, nothing would surprise me.

As an Auto FE V6 deposit holder

As an Auto FEV6 deposit holder, I hope it's not December, but at this point, nothing would surprise me.
Results can vary of course. I put my deposit down in September of last year, which is likely why. I was # 38/40 to reserve at my dealer so back of the line (until this black car came available of course).

He definitely has the funds and Jubu makes it.

1000013759.gif

Posted this in another thread but I can’t wait for these cars to be delivered but also part of me is worried about the reliability of these FE’s! I’m sure many of us (myself included) will be driving longs distances back home after pickup and hoping I won’t need to call Lotus roadside assistance. I’m fine with little niggles but if the car fails to start bc of some software issues I’m gonna be upset. Anyone else feel the same?

That 800hp twin turbo must cost 60k easy. But damn. If they can manage that with a negligible weight increase 🏎️💨

Lotus would probably screw up that car's CARB paperwork as well.

Terrible joke considering the current delays. Unless the approval is coming today and they know it.
It is a convertible, which we were told we'd never get. Will likely fail rollover test...

Fast forward to ~6m30s... Looks like Stradman ordered one too.

Excited to see what he does, he mods his cars pretty fast.

Also, whatever aftermarket shops he uses, usually takes off after his videos. I wonder if anyones going to create a unique build for him that can trickle to our benefit.

Last edited:
Posted this in another thread but I can’t wait for these cars to be delivered but also part of me is worried about the reliability of these FE’s! I’m sure many of us (myself included) will be driving longs distances back home after pickup and hoping I won’t need to call Lotus roadside assistance. I’m fine with little niggles but if the car fails to start bc of some software issues I’m gonna be upset. Anyone else feel the same?
It's crossed my mind. After almost three years of waiting the thing better not be a turd.

Positive thoughts...

Welcome to the forum! Best thing about software bugs is they can be easily fixed. I wouldn’t worry about it too much. The first day of ownership is always the best.

Welcome to the forum! Best thing about software bugs is they can be easily fixed. I wouldn’t worry about it too much. The first day of ownership is always the best.
Easily fixed doesn't fly if you are dead on road enroute to your house on the first day of ownership.

Easily fixed doesn't fly if you are dead on road enroute to your house on the first day of ownership.
It's a good thing all of us are resourceful, grounded adults with disposable income, a full ability to deal with any situation that might arise, and have a good enough attitude to laugh at the absurdity of such a situation rather than being furious.

It's a good thing all of us are resourceful, grounded adults with disposable income, a full ability to deal with any situation that might arise, and have a good enough attitude to laugh at the absurdity of such a situation rather than being furious.
Yeah, Living two hours away from the closest lotus dealership in a rural area with sparse cell reception makes for a great time when your niche British sports car shits itself.

Haha, that's me! I've been day dreaming about what it's going to be like to drive it 4 hours home. I have a few different routes mapped out, complete with meal stops.

Yeah, Living two hours away from the closest lotus dealership in a rural area with sparse cell reception makes for a great time when your niche British sports car shits itself.
Until they recently built a new dealer about 1 hour from me (in 2023), my closest dealers were a 4+ hour trip in either direction, crossing multiple states. And I still placed a deposit in July of 2021.

Any time you go into a sparsely serviced region with a sports car of any kind, you have to be prepared to experience some roadside mechanical adventures. At minimum, make sure you have AAA. That's not a niche British or Lotus thing... I've experienced unexpected mechanical outcomes with cars from literally every brand, including the venerated Porsche. In fact, those more than most.

If you can't handle the idea of having a mechanical issue on a brand new car, you should buy only used cars. Let someone else experience the possible teething issues of a new product, and then buy it once they've solved them on your behalf.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back