• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Although its seems like a simple problem to solve especially since its the same "approved" engine straight out of the Evora GT, I thought I'd provide the California Air Resource Board bureaucrats some needed help...

CARB insert.png

Although its seems like a simple problem to solve especially since its the same "approved" engine straight out of the Evora GT, I thought I'd provide the California Air Resource Board bureaucrats some needed help...

View attachment 37426
This wouldn’t be updated in real time though right? Meaning it’s probably updated once or twice a month so we wound likely hear from dealers first

Says "nada"
If it's a joke I must be thick because I don't get it.

Nah, it wasn't funny. But then neither was Naples' post.

CA-NADA got approval.

This is the US/Canada delivery thread.

Edit: The sensitive boys in here should be happy our Canadian neighbors are getting their Emiras.

I suspect the CARB emissions standards have tightened since then.

Maybe...but CARB standards are still not as stringent as EU air quality standards and it passed over there.....Perhaps CA governmental functions are lacking in efficiency and common sense?
Sounds like Lotus needs to start bribing the CARB approval folk instead of paying for influencers and dancing ballerinas :LOL:

I'm not aware of any reported starting issue with these cars that hasn't been able to be sorted with a manual reset via a disconnected battery. The folks that report being "stranded" for a period of time seem to mostly be people who either aren't comfortable or aren't willing to take that step.
Does this have anything to do with disconnecting the battery for winter storage? Will this be an issue?

My guesses on what's happened with CARB from compiled info on their website.
CARB implemented a new efile/ecert system on 8/1/2022 .
Lotus probably forgot to get a new account since the Evora and thought they needed to file using the old system. (Taking longer than expected email in Jan. )
Once a complete request is received, CARB will review the documents and process the account request. (This will take time knowing govt processes.)
Manufacturers receive an electronic notification when their application has been loaded into E-Cert. This is probably why Lotus are now giving the Feb12-March window. Lotus probably got accepted for review right before that and probably/hopefully told that is their approval/review window.
Since they get a login at ECERT application to see the status of their application they should be able to check or get notified when it becomes official.
But its state government office and Lotus combined so who knows. There's already 2025 cars approved so Lotus dropped the ball for sure.

Last edited:
My guesses on what's happened with CARB from compiled info on their website.
CARB implemented a new efile/ecert system on 8/1/2022 .
Lotus probably forgot to get a new account since the Evora and thought they needed to file using the old system. (Taking longer than expected email in Jan. )
Once a complete request is received, CARB will review the documents and process the account request. (This will take time knowing govt processes.)
Manufacturers receive an electronic notification when their application has been loaded into E-Cert. This is probably why Lotus are now giving the Feb12-March window. Lotus probably got accepted for review right before that and probably/hopefully told that is their approval/review window.
Since they get a login at ECERT application to see the status of their application they should be able to check or get notified when it becomes official.
But its state government office and Lotus combined so who knows. There's already 2025 cars approved so Lotus dropped the ball for sure.
Dude, this paperwork should have been completed more than a year ago. They should have been sitting with CARB approval letter in hand at the latest by mid-summer of 2023, in order to start production in the fall of 2023 for the North American market. And that's if you assume that such a late production schedule was intended from the beginning. I seriously doubt it has anything to do with their use of an e-file system.

Dude, this paperwork should have been completed more than a year ago. They should have been sitting with CARB approval letter in hand at the latest by mid-summer of 2023, in order to start production in the fall of 2023 for the North American market. And that's if you assume that such a late production schedule was intended from the beginning. I seriously doubt it has anything to do with their use of an e-file system.
THIS!
💯 👏👏 👏

Lol by March 15th it is! Get the press release ready for public traded Lotus and it's delivery of 500+ cars!
1000003247.jpg

Maybe...but CARB standards are still not as stringent as EU air quality standards and it passed over there.....Perhaps CA governmental functions are lacking in efficiency and common sense?

Easy there tiger! Critical thinking and common sense are out of fashion. CA is just trying to save the whole world. Surely several thousand car enthusiasts can wait a few years for this truly noble cause.

You realize this is Lotus your talking about. No doubt they should have had approval as soon as production started. No other excuses Lotus can have except some ridiculous reason they dropped the ball or a filing error.
No way Im giving any justification to the CARB delays on Lotus side. Just guessing what might have happened based on the timeline and previous dismal comms.

Last edited:
I just received an email from my Canadian dealer saying my FE2 has been built and is on its way from Hethel. I have a VIN and they are telling me a delivery date of March 30th.

Initial deposit placed Aug 2021
Order finalized Aug 2023
Welcome to the 30+ Month Club!