• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Thats how we get to 600 pages lol
My wishful foolish mind still has a tiny sliver of hope that 3/13/24 is the 90th day after their last not jet knocked out paperwork submission……hope dies last…..

Not new - the second configurator you’re looking at showing that has been out for close to a year. It’s just random which website version takes you to which (you could always google to find the newer one) and maybe they’re correcting the links to all take you to the new one now…a year later 🤣. This is the way.
Ah perhaps youre right. I’ve played with configurations on cellphone, laptop, and desktop and today was the first day I saw individual options.

Ah perhaps youre right. I’ve played with configurations on cellphone, laptop, and desktop and today was the first day I saw individual options.
To that point: when I sat in a v6 auto with red leather interior two weeks ago I noticed the leather steering wheel had contrasting red stitching. It really popped, looked great. After placing my manual FE order with black leather steering wheel I asked the dealer if I could order the wheel with contrasting yellow stitching. I was told no dice.
Now with the “new” (to me) configuration website I see you can only option a leather steering wheel with contrasting color stitching with an automatic transmission. Has this always been the case? If so why?!?
Sorry if previously discussed.

To that point: when I sat in a v6 auto with red leather interior two weeks ago I noticed the leather steering wheel had contrasting red stitching. It really popped, looked great. After placing my manual FE order with black leather steering wheel I asked the dealer if I could order the wheel with contrasting yellow stitching. I was told no dice.
Now with the “new” (to me) configuration website I see you can only option a leather steering wheel with contrasting color stitching with an automatic transmission. Has this always been the case? If so why?!?
Discussed many times indeed. Different steering suppliers is the cause.

Nope, you are incorrect. When I posted it the website had changed as I mentioned. Why would I lie about that? What a moronic comment.
Not sure what's moronic about pointing out your mistake. Go to the configurator and see for yourself. Steering wheel in alcantara is a $530 Option

Geezzz...Don't be so defensive and lighten up "Karen"

I hope any tuning they have to do to the car to satisfy CARB doesn't adversely affect how the car performs for you guys, but one thing to bear in mind is that the 2GF-FE engine was first released nearly 20 years ago. As a result there may not be as many options available to Lotus to tune the car to CARB's liking as on say a Cayman that will have a more modern engine.
Yes, this has definitely been on my mind as well. Any vehicle with 20 year old port injected based engine technology is definitely not going to be as flexible from an emission turning standpoint as the modern direct injection engines. These are the engines that companies like Porsche have in their arsenal.

Another possibility is that the exhaust valving needed be adjusted to meet CARB's sound requirements, which are quite strict from my understanding. That being said, we still don't really have any valid information on the situation right now, so this is all speculation...

Yes, this has definitely been on my mind as well. Any vehicle with 20 year old port injected based engine technology is definitely not going to be as flexible from an emission turning standpoint as the modern direct injection engines. These are the engines that companies like Porsche have in their arsenal.

Another possibility is that the exhaust valving needed be adjusted to meet CARB's sound requirements, which are quite strict from my understanding. That being said, we still don't really have any valid information on the situation right now, so this is all speculation...

CARB is not responsible for setting or enforcing any standards related to sound. Each state has their own laws about sound and California's sound limits are established by the California VEH code and enforced by the California bureau of automotive repair for citations (aka state ref).

Seems like they randomly selected 5% of the people with orders, sent gifts to them, and then stopped.
I say "randomly" because people who placed their deposit about 2 years after I did got their gifts and I haven't.

EDIT: It would be nice to see a poll of who received the gift and who didn't
I got nothing--ordered two years ago.

CARB is not responsible for setting or enforcing any standards related to sound. Each state has their own laws about sound and California's sound limits are established by the California VEH code and enforced by the California bureau of automotive repair for citations (aka state ref).
Ah, another agency in the mix I see. Hopefully the car can pass that test too, at least for the sake of those in Cali... :rolleyes:

All this unfounded speculation on what CARB is up is amusing to me.
Keeps me entertained while waiting.
Didn’t you start the rumor about CARB getting pushed to March/April?

Alcantara steering wheel was a free option when I ordered my FE1, along with almost everything else. The only not-free options were black pack and vehicle tracker. Did that change with FE2?
I agree, it was free I thought back in 2021? When I placed my 1.0 order I thought there was only 2 options that had price increases.

EDIT: I never wanted Alcantara, but went back and checked the spec sheet and it may have always been a cost upgrade.

Attachments

• Emira V6 First Edition Options-compressed.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Yes, that is correct. Mine is Auto V6 and I was able to order black leather with contract red stitching. That option was not available for manual for some reason. Oct 21 deposit, Aug 23 order, Delivery -some time....... not soon!

I agree, it was free I thought back in 2021? When I placed my 1.0 order I thought there was only 2 options that had price increases.

EDIT: I never wanted Alcantara, but went back and checked the spec sheet and it may have always been a cost upgrade.

Weird, I ordered March 5th, 2022 and I suspect the majority of the earliest of the Lotus order submission dates for US were around then and the alcantara steering wheel was a $530 option.

I'm talking about a real order with an approved submission id and not some reservation/interest form.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back