• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Yes, somewhere in the neighborhood of $12k. Same car, same production line at the same time, slight difference in available colors.

Waiting 3 years while Lotus holds your deposit money does have its (very small) upside.
Not sure if mine is FE 1.0 or 2.0. I'm being asked to pay $97,650.

That's FE 1.0 pricing. Several of us here - myself included - put deposits down several years ago but are paying $12k more.

Congrats to you, but this rubs some of us here the wrong way.

Hopefully, my next visit will be to drive it home!

1709581788937.jpeg

500 pages is now in sight and likely to happen in the next day or two. However, the next major milestone will be 1,000,000 views where Lotus plans to send a bottle of rare of Veuve Soonquot to all patient deposit holders to celebrate 🍾
1709582352376.png

That's FE 1.0 pricing. Several of us here - myself included - put deposits down several years ago but are paying $12k more.

It wasn't my intention to rub anyone the wrong way. I just meant to say that some people are getting cars that others have opted out of at retail pricing. (To be fair, the dealer did originally ask for 10k over. I declined and they then agreed to sell it for the sticker amount).

Has anyone received word from World Imports/Lotus of Jacksonville?
My saleswoman over there is Logan. I tried ordering from them but they require a $5k non-refundable deposit just to get on the reservation list. Given that every other Lotus dealer I spoke with required half of that amount that was fully refundable until placing an order, I couldn't do it.

I'd call Logan and ask her for an update. She's pretty responsive.

This is a too good of a story. Walk into a dealership a month ago, pay pricing from 2021 and getting the car in a week or so.

Meanwhile many other forum members and depositors have been waiting 3 years, deposited in 2021 during the goodwood reveal, get hit with an F/E 2.0 price AND if they are in a CARB state are going to get the car months after 911.Xray!

You sir are epic! Congrats tho, you have a 1/650 First Editions that had 1.0 pricing and with a dealer that sold it without mark up. Great pick up on the car!

This is a too good of a story. Walk into a dealership a month ago, pay pricing from 2021 and getting the car in a week or so.

Meanwhile many other forum members and depositors have been waiting 3 years, deposited in 2021 during the goodwood reveal, get hit with an F/E 2.0 price AND if they are in a CARB state are going to get the car months after 911.Xray!

You sir are epic! Congrats tho, you have a 1/650 First Editions that had 1.0 pricing and with a dealer that sold it without mark up. Great pick up on the car!
I wonder if he got his desired spec?

A glass half empty person will say the 10K they gave Lotus 3 years ago could be worth 12K today with interest and then bought one of these like 911.Xray.

A glass half full person will say they would have put the 10K in shares of GEELY/LOT and lost 8K.

I emailed my dealer today asking if I can pick up the car later this week we will see

Thanks. I guess that I’m more fortunate than I realized. The speck was exactly what I would have ordered with the expection of the tan interior… but I can live with that.

You know he is going to get the Lotus gift tomorrow too! That's just how Lotus, Lotus. :ROFLMAO:

Hey happy for you though. All good brother!

A glass half empty person will say the 10K they gave Lotus 3 years ago could be worth 12K today with interest and then bought one of these like 911.Xray.

A glass half full person will say they would have put the 10K in shares of GEELY/LOT and lost 8K.
10k in LLY or NVDA three years ago would be 40k today 😏

I'm in this group too. I put a deposit down in October 2021, with a dealer with a long order list (Gator). I was offered an FE 2.0 in August 2023 and proceeded with that.

I searched my VIN and my car arrived in Baltimore on 12/29/23. I guess I'll be picking it up around the same time as FE 1.0 owners, but paying $12k more for the same car.

It wasn't my intention to rub anyone the wrong way. I just meant to say that some people are getting cars that others have opted out of at retail pricing. (To be fair, the dealer did originally ask for 10k over. I declined and they then agreed to sell it for the sticker amount).
My apologies! It's Lotus rubbing us the wrong way. Very happy for you, and I would take advantage of the opportunity in a heartbeat!

Just a quick note to say I’ve spoken to my dealer in a carb state; there’s no doubt in my mind that the car is not yet in the US, I don’t even think it’s on water. With that said, the approval is official (they have written notice) and I expect the deliveries to start now. There is a software update to be done, I don’t know the details on that I didn’t ask. I’m guessing for me, I’m looking at mid March.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back