• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Fudge.

I'm in a CARB state and am leaving the country next week for two months.

My car is going to rot on the lot!

Good luck to all those who actually collect your cars. I'll be envious.

Off-topic... anyone else having really bad performance issues with the site today? I keep getting SSL errors.
Yes
Just talked to my dealer and they said they know other dealers are already jumping the gun on things but they haven’t received official word or documentation so they are still waiting ( Dallas). I told them to send me the paperwork either way for payment so as soon as it goes through they can send to powdercoating and tint
that Great news .
Just one question how was Lotus Naples supposedly able to deliver a car on Saturday.

I had a jet ski accident in July of 2021 and tore my quadriceps tendon. After surgery in August of 2021 of course I was spending a lot of time in bed feeling sorry for myself. Every now and then I would look at the light blue 718 GT4 that I had been looking at for almost two years wondering why it cost so damn much. Then I came across the Lotus Emira reveal on a Friday afternoon. By Monday my $2500 deposit was in. I have always been a lover of cars but never really had the budget to purchase a mid engine "supercar." The C8 was promising but the looks didn't speak to me. This car is literally a dream come true. I finally got to drive an Evora on track in 2022 and I was flabbergasted. Why is no one talking about this car!?! Shocked. I have stayed even and patient for 2 3/4 years. I have learned more about cars on this forum than any other place. I have one more question for my fellow forum members... DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY F-ING MILK!!!!!!

View attachment 38058

For the cookies!
Ooof, what kind of jet ski? I still ride old stand-up Superjets.

This is great to see excitement in the forum instead of bitterness and complaints. Hands down, this whole saga has been the most unbelievable journey I ever would have imagined for buying a car. I put my deposit down July 11, 2021 and it looks like I'll be one of the last to receive my car lol. If CARB state cars really are sitting in storage in Hethel, then we still have to wait for them to be shipped across the Atlantic to Baltimore. My dealer is in Bellevue, Washington, which is literally all the way across the continent, so once the car is in Baltimore, it has to be trucked all the way to Bellevue. I'm guessing that's going to take another month? Meanwhile, it looks like some of you are going to be getting your cars this week. What a world, what a world.

I can't wait to start seeing photos, videos and reading the reports!
So strange. I am in CARB state (NJ) and My dealer told me my car is in the states (Michigan) and will be transported to the dealer after the intial orders ahead of me are picked up and they have space. I am hopefully anticipating getting mine in a week or 2

So strange. I am in CARB state (NJ) and My dealer told me my car is in the states (Michigan) and will be transported to the dealer after the intial orders ahead of me are picked up and they have space. I am hopefully anticipating getting mine in a week or 2
Well that's interesting. According to @Nova there are no CARB state cars in the country, they're all in storage in England.

Well that's interesting. According to @Nova there are no CARB state cars in the country, they're all in storage in England.

Honestly this bit of information may have been true at some point and false now or a mix of both. I suggest these people press their dealer to get an update on their specific VIN.

Fudge.

I'm in a CARB state and am leaving the country next week for two months.

My car is going to rot on the lot!

Good luck to all those who actually collect your cars. I'll be envious.
You could let kitKat pick it up and take care of the break-in period ("break" being the optimal word here).

Carb State here. (PA)
Car is still in Norfolk awaiting shipment.
Lotus Philly said once it's on a boat it should take about two weeks to arrive in Baltimore and a day for them to go get it.
Question is....how long will it take for a boat to be available?
It's not like the boats are sitting there waiting.
:unsure:

This is great to see excitement in the forum instead of bitterness and complaints. Hands down, this whole saga has been the most unbelievable journey I ever would have imagined for buying a car. I put my deposit down July 11, 2021 and it looks like I'll be one of the last to receive my car lol. If CARB state cars really are sitting in storage in Hethel, then we still have to wait for them to be shipped across the Atlantic to Baltimore. My dealer is in Bellevue, Washington, which is literally all the way across the continent, so once the car is in Baltimore, it has to be trucked all the way to Bellevue. I'm guessing that's going to take another month? Meanwhile, it looks like some of you are going to be getting your cars this week. What a world, what a world.

I can't wait to start seeing photos, videos and reading the reports!
The bitterness will come when Lotus releases the Emira S in 12 months or so

My dealer is also in NJ, but may not be the same one as @Blackthought_ . As of two weeks ago, my NJ dealer told me my car is still in UK. I've not seen any confirmations of any of the CARB state dealers having a VIN that shows as having arrived on one of the several shipments.

I guess it's possible that *some* CARB state dealer cars have arrived and are stored in Baltimore or Michigan, but I would regard those as a few exceptions. Those owners would be incredibly lucky.

Approximately 530 cars including both FE 1.0 and 2.0 manuals is just too few.

Edit: I reread what @Blackthought_ said... *HE* is in NJ but his dealer already have cars on site, with more in Michigan that can be delivered once the existing ones are delivered to customers - he is probably talking about Gator.

Carb State here. (PA)
Car is still in Norfolk awaiting shipment.
Lotus Philly said once it's on a boat it should take about two weeks to arrive in Baltimore and a day for them to go get it.
Question is....how long will it take for a boat to be available?
It's not like the boats are sitting there waiting.
:unsure:
There is a constant and steady stream of RoRo carriers crossing between UK/EU ports and the US. I would regard the frequency as "daily" on average. However, booking the transit, filing all of the requirement documents, does take time. I am not familiar with the cut-off time for RoRo carriers, but it's usually 2 days for containers to be loaded on a booked voyage. Technically, they could have the cars loaded onto ships by the end of this week if they move quickly.

My dealer is also in NJ, but may not be the same one as @Blackthought_ . As of two weeks ago, my NJ dealer told me my car is still in UK. I've not seen any confirmations of any of the CARB state dealers having a VIN that shows as having arrived on one of the several shipments.

I guess it's possible that *some* CARB state dealer cars have arrived and are stored in Baltimore or Michigan, but I would regard those as a few exceptions. Those owners would be incredibly lucky.

Approximately 530 cars including both FE 1.0 and 2.0 manuals is just too few.

Edit: I reread what @Blackthought_ said... *HE* is in NJ but his dealer already have cars on site, with more in Michigan that can be delivered once the existing ones are delivered to customers - he is probably talking about Gator.
Yes that’s right … the car will be registered in NJ but the dealer is Gator in Indiana. When we say “CARB state” is it where the dealer is located or where it will be registered?

Any thoughts on CARB States like Boardwalk California on getting are cars? Then I have to ship it out of state because we recently moved.

Yes that’s right … the car will be registered in NJ but the dealer is Gator in Indiana. When we say “CARB state” is it where the dealer is located or where it will be registered?

Yea, we are talking about where the dealer is located. But your specific scenario is the reason why even non-carb dealers were not allowed to sell their cars - I don't know how NJ would enforce their laws on Gator in Indiana, but for certain, Lotus USA would have been exposed to a hefty fine.

St Louis Auto Detail does great work on paint correction, ceramic, ppf, etc.

The shop is 5 minutes from Holman.

If you go in the shop, you’ll see exotics from most manufacturers being worked on by really high quality people.

Ask for Steve or Matt (the owner).

My Emira is going there for the full treatment before coming home.
Do you know what type of film they use? I know it's not XPEL and I want to just research it before comitting.

Double bitterness when Lotus releases the Emira R 12 months after that.
Not for me, this is on the edge of my budget and I think I'll be plenty happy. Plus it's my daily driver and I can't imagine having anything louder/less comfortable :)

Any thoughts on CARB States like Boardwalk California on getting are cars? Then I have to ship it out of state because we recently moved.

I am waiting on official communication to occur with all dealers regarding CARB approval and sales before I reach out to Tom or Kyle about an update on where cars are.

I am waiting on official communication to occur with all dealers regarding CARB approval and sales before I reach out to Tom or Kyle about an update on where cars are.
I spoke to Tom yesterday when the news hit and he is still waiting for word, thanks. I was number 1 on the list at BW but kept changing stuff, anyway, the good news when they finally arrive all 40 of the 1.0, should deliver at the same time.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back