• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

what awful timing for the website to be nearly unusable!! :oops:

I keep trying to post this!! its not working!! :mad:

edit: nice, worked

8hxem9.jpg

My dealer (Lotus Cape Fear) confirmed the CARB document is legit but Lotus hasn’t received their official certificate. They hope that will happen over the next day or two. He’s scheduling delivery appts for later this week (hopefully).
I’ll be picking up Friday morning ….

Oh man... this is about to get brutal for those of us actually in or buying in CARB states... Esp those of us with early July 2021 deposits... thinking we'd be the first kids on the block with the new toy... meanwhile FE 2.0's will be going out in non-CARB states before we get our cars.. 1st world problems I know...:rolleyes:

I only placed my deposit to get in line to order like 2 weeks ago, and yet I'm dying to read about all you long time order placement owners experience on picking it up, driving it, first impressions, etc. This is fun even for a spectator

Just talked to dealer. Car is getting a software update today (tech bulletin from last week). My scheduled pickup/delivery is Wednesday.
Which dealer Aero?

I only placed my deposit to get in line to order like 2 weeks ago, and yet I'm dying to read about all you long time order placement owners experience on picking it up, driving it, first impressions, etc. This is fun even for a spectator

what estimate did they give you to receive your car?

auto or manual?

Which dealer Aero?
Lotus Nashville. Said all of them have to get software update and some biz things done but Wednesday should be fine. Imagine if cars backlogged for update then will push things out for some people. Assuming the software update goes ok too.

Just talked to my dealer and they said they know other dealers are already jumping the gun on things but they haven’t received official word or documentation so they are still waiting ( Dallas). I told them to send me the paperwork either way for payment so as soon as it goes through they can send to powdercoating and tint

Last edited:
what estimate did they give you to receive your car?

auto or manual?
6 speed reservation. They said I could place my order as soon as possibly July but more likely October- December timeframe, and then 3-4 months after the order is placed will I take delivery. They said they are 99% sure I will get a 2025 and not a 2024 model. This is Lotus Orlando

Charlotte just sent me the signed buyers order. They are still waiting on the "official" word, but are preparing for eminent deliveries. Said they are putting a few miles on each car to make certain all systems are a go and getting them cleaned and prepped.

And of course I might have to travel for work this week.

I put my deposit down in 2021.

Think of it this way. If you put a deposit down in fall 2021, and then someone at a different dealer put a deposit down in Winter 2021-Spring 2022. The latter person gets an FE1.0 just because the dealer had an allocation, and you get a FE2.0 because your dealer had you on the opposite side of the cut off. You will pay $12K more than someone who put in a deposit later than you, and you will all get your cars at the same time as the same model year.

I get inflation increased and Lotus needed to up the price. I'm just annoyed at the pure randomness of who got affected.
Exactly. Same with people putting deposits in a year later getting an allocation earlier and having their cars ready as of... well January.

This is great to see excitement in the forum instead of bitterness and complaints. Hands down, this whole saga has been the most unbelievable journey I ever would have imagined for buying a car. I put my deposit down July 11, 2021 and it looks like I'll be one of the last to receive my car lol. If CARB state cars really are sitting in storage in Hethel, then we still have to wait for them to be shipped across the Atlantic to Baltimore. My dealer is in Bellevue, Washington, which is literally all the way across the continent, so once the car is in Baltimore, it has to be trucked all the way to Bellevue. I'm guessing that's going to take another month? Meanwhile, it looks like some of you are going to be getting your cars this week. What a world, what a world.

I can't wait to start seeing photos, videos and reading the reports!

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back