• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

The the price increase between the FE 1.0 and FE 2.0 is annoying but understandable given the rate of inflation since 2022. I just look at it as if I paid 10K more for a paint color option that wasn't initially available

The the price increase between the FE 1.0 and FE 2.0 is annoying but understandable given the rate of inflation since 2022. I just look at it as if I paid 10K more for a paint color option that wasn't initially available

Maybe not for those of us who put down money in 2022.

Maybe not for those of us who put down money in 2022.
I put my deposit down in 2021.

Think of it this way. If you put a deposit down in fall 2021, and then someone at a different dealer put a deposit down in Winter 2021-Spring 2022. The latter person gets an FE1.0 just because the dealer had an allocation, and you get a FE2.0 because your dealer had you on the opposite side of the cut off. You will pay $12K more than someone who put in a deposit later than you, and you will all get your cars at the same time as the same model year.

I get inflation increased and Lotus needed to up the price. I'm just annoyed at the pure randomness of who got affected.

I put my deposit down in 2021.

Think of it this way. If you put a deposit down in fall 2021, and then someone at a different dealer put a deposit down in Winter 2021-Spring 2022. The latter person gets an FE1.0 just because the dealer had an allocation, and you get a FE2.0 because your dealer had you on the opposite side of the cut off. You will pay $12K more than someone who put in a deposit later than you, and you will all get your cars at the same time as the same model year.

I get inflation increased and Lotus needed to up the price. I'm just annoyed at the pure randomness of who got affected.
Yea...I was pretty early with a Jan 2022 deposit but all the FE1.0 allocations at Gator had already been spoken for. I was happy to get a FE 2.0 spot. Price increase stinks, but I crossed shopped this against the 911S with a manual and later with the 911T. Porsche prices for options are outrageous, By the time I speced one to my liking it was inching up to 150K. And while the 911 is a very cool car with great history and linage, IMHO its become kinda ubiquitous to large and boring. So even with the slight price increase, I see the Emira as a bargain compared to either of those two cars.

Last edited:
Off-topic... anyone else having really bad performance issues with the site today? I keep getting SSL errors.

Off-topic... anyone else having really bad performance issues with the site today? I keep getting SSL errors.
Me as well. Some intermittent slow load times and one SSL error so far
The electrons are jamming up in the pipes. Give your device a hard shake to get them moving.

Yes. It may relate to damaged underwater cables in the Red Sea disrupting telecommunications networks and forcing providers to reroute as much as a quarter of traffic between Asia, Europe and the Middle East, including internet traffic.

I had a jet ski accident in July of 2021 and tore my quadriceps tendon. After surgery in August of 2021 of course I was spending a lot of time in bed feeling sorry for myself. Every now and then I would look at the light blue 718 GT4 that I had been looking at for almost two years wondering why it cost so damn much. Then I came across the Lotus Emira reveal on a Friday afternoon. By Monday my $2500 deposit was in. I have always been a lover of cars but never really had the budget to purchase a mid engine "supercar." The C8 was promising but the looks didn't speak to me. This car is literally a dream come true. I finally got to drive an Evora on track in 2022 and I was flabbergasted. Why is no one talking about this car!?! Shocked. I have stayed even and patient for 2 3/4 years. I have learned more about cars on this forum than any other place. I have one more question for my fellow forum members... DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY F-ING MILK!!!!!!

Lotus-Girl Scouts.jpeg

For the cookies!

Attachments

• Lotus-Girl Scouts.jpeg
    Lotus-Girl Scouts.jpeg
    90.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Lotus-Girl Scouts.jpeg
    Lotus-Girl Scouts.jpeg
    90.2 KB · Views: 15

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back