• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Holy Cow. You guys gotta admit. These are some damn good looking cars. I mean spec after spec after spec after spec they just keep rolling in. He busted out with the Cosmos and Black Caliper.
It is DV

OK - now it's finally sinking in as REAL. I was about to throw in the towel and save my money. Now the appropriate level of irrational irresponsibility is coming back to life. I'm in California so probably a month away. There goes my free time again as I am back to checking this thread every 5 min...

OK - now it's finally sinking in as REAL. I was about to throw in the towel and save my money. Now the appropriate level of irrational irresponsibility is coming back to life. I'm in California so probably a month away. There goes my free time again as I am back to checking this thread every 5 min...
Boardwalk saying 1-2 months

Based on his window sticker, we can now definitively say that the KEF system has a 560w amplifier.

I don't know what's more surreal, the last 2 years and 8 months, or seeing a picture of somebody actually getting their car in the U.S. Onward and upward!

Based on his window sticker, we can now definitively say that the KEF system has a 560w amplifier.

I don't know what's more surreal, the last 2 years and 8 months, or seeing a picture of somebody actually getting their car in the U.S. Onward and upward!
I thought it was always believed to be 560w…what was the alternative speculation?

Boardwalk saying 1-2 months
Thanks for the update KitKat. I need to call Tom or Kyle tomorrow to see if mine was built and I can get a VIN. I was told February, so I'm guessing 2 - 3 months for delivery since they should be shipping out the ones further up the list. I know that kind of logic hasn't been Lotus' strong point though.

I believe originally they were 370 or something like that, and there was a bit of controversy over whether we were going to get the upgraded ones or not.

Just caught up on all the posts. Congratulations to those picking up their cars this week! And for those who have waited much longer than me, your patience is epic! Can't wait to hear more about those first drives!

I believe originally they were 370 or something like that, and there was a bit of controversy over whether we were going to get the upgraded ones or not.
Hmm, perhaps but I seem to remember it always being in the 500s. I was a car audio guy decades ago so the power rating is always to be taken with a grain of salt as more power means more headroom but a top tier 500W amp could also blow away some cheapie 1200W claimed amp.

The one thing I’ve seen and to be mindful of without firsthand experience is:
1) The complaints about lack of bass, it’s using a fresh air sub for space and weight savings, so the cabin is like the enclosure…therefore it won’t punch with any windows open.
2) The source and connection could be a factor, radio likely sucks, cable connection may be better than Bluetooth.

From those in the UK who’ve commented on this. They’ve said once it’s figured out that it’s “acceptable”, and also I’ve heard that it improves over time once the speakers have broken in.

Having some PTSD about letting go my FE1.0 car. :p Beautiful car and happy for everyone that’s finally getting their cars

I’m excited for all of you fortunate enough to take delivery over the next few weeks. My delivery experience at Lotus of Glenview was seamless and the drive after picking it up was fantastic! After a string of Porsches with tall geared manual transmissions, this manual was a delight.

I’m excited for all of you fortunate enough to take delivery over the next few weeks. My delivery experience at Lotus of Glenview was seamless and the drive after picking it up was fantastic! After a string of Porsches with tall geared manual transmissions, this manual was a delight.
I'm assuming you've been driving it around. Reactions?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back