• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Still? I have not gone there recently in order to keep myself pure (LOL!) I've driven near it many times on my way to getting food. It was literally a used car dealership lot. I've seen some clean photos of social media posts from that dealership so I thought maybe they finished building it.

Of course, they could just be delaying expenditures and paying interest on that until they actually had cars to sell. Makes perfect business sense and it's exactly how I would do it.

Speaking of food, I was in the DC Poultry Market in Alexandria the other day, and while waiting for our order, remarked to my wife that there is a surprising number of Emira buyers in Alexandria. She rolled her eyes.
I used to live in Alexandria, right off the yellow line, when I worked at the Naval Research Base. Good times!

Which track are you running at?
Blackhawk a few times first, then likely Gingerman, Road America, maybe a few road trips for track days at Roebling Road, OIR, and/or Heartland Park. Typically one track day a month during the season. I have a lot of time at Blackhawk, so it’s a good place for me to learn the car.

Congrats to all now driving or about to drive their Emira! Any discussion about an extended warranty?
They sent me their menu for Lotus Protection prices. Seemed very high and the time share selling tactics pitch didnt help either. I'm usually against extended warranties any way.
Your dealer prices may vary.
ext warranty.png

They sent me their menu for Lotus Protection prices. Seemed very high and the time share selling tactics pitch didnt help either. I'm usually against extended warranties any way.
Your dealer prices may vary.
View attachment 38163
None of that is warranty coverage. It's PPF, paint, windshield, and wheel protection. The real worry is the reliability.

This news has added lightness to my steps today! Congratulations to all! This certainly has been an exercise in patience, and it is paying off. Now we have proven to the car community that North American Lotus enthusiasts are die-hards!!!

None of that is warranty coverage. It's PPF, paint, windshield, and wheel protection. The real worry is the reliability.
The Axiom VSC was explained as basically that. He tried to use language to imply that it extended the factory full warranty to 6 years until I grilled him on what was covered under it. Basically a powertrain warranty.
Also the cheap PPF isn't much coverage listed at that price.

Signed sealed and delivered yesterday late afternoon. It’s fricking awesome. Drove straight home and been staring at it all the time. Had to pinch myself self many times to make sure I was not dreaming. Believe I was actually the first one delivered

Attachments

• IMG_0569.jpeg
    IMG_0569.jpeg
    543.8 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0567.jpeg
    IMG_0567.jpeg
    428.3 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_0571.jpeg
    IMG_0571.jpeg
    488.7 KB · Views: 170
The Axiom VSC was explained as basically that. He tried to use language to imply that it extended the factory full warranty to 6 years until I grilled him on what was covered under it. Basically a powertrain warranty.
Ah, yeah. I'm trying to figure if the VSC is worth it. The Internet doesn't have a lot of good answers.

Anybody going to PPF the entire car? Checking on how much that would be…
Search, "film" in title and you'll get a lot of info.

Congratulations to everyone getting their cars! Keep the delivery photos coming!

Definitely disappointing and somewhat concerning if a bumper-to-bumper extended warranty to the OEM warranty isn’t available. The VCS may be more tempting if it covers a clutch replacement, since my understanding is the entire engine must be removed to work on the clutch, given the mid-engine design.

Must one buy these at point of sale? Or any dealership and any time before the OEM warranty expires? Are these prices negotiable? Any advice based upon experience, is welcomed.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back