• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I thought the clutch was only covered for a limited amount of time. That's what the old Lotus warranty was. ..... Either way look at the fine print some wear and tear items may not be covered in the extended outside of Lotus contract.

Definitely disappointing and somewhat concerning if a bumper-to-bumper extended warranty to the OEM warranty isn’t available. The VCS may be more tempting if it covers a clutch replacement, since my understanding is the entire engine must be removed to work on the clutch, given the mid-engine design.

Must one buy these at point of sale? Or any dealership and any time before the OEM warranty expires? Are these prices negotiable? Any advice based upon experience, is welcomed.
I asked if had to decide before driving off. HE said it will still be available but the price will start going up as its a 'used' car at that point.
Usually on extended warranties the clutch is considered a wear item and wouldnt be covered...along with any other wear items No experience with Lotus but others are like that. Its amazing what else it they try to consider a wear item...that obviously arent.

I asked if had to decide before driving off. HE said it will still be available but the price will start going up as its a 'used' car at that point.
Usually on extended warranties the clutch is considered a wear item and wouldnt be covered...along with any other wear items No experience with Lotus but others are like that. Its amazing what it they try to consider a wear item.
I was renting a car in London a few years ago and the guy behind the counter was like: You are an American Yes? Dont you want to upgrade to a an auto? LOL

I have the feeling the issue with a clutch is more about every person will use it differently. I am ok pulling from 2nd, but not dumping the clutch from zero.

Anyone buying form a CARB state dealer hear anything yet? No outreach yet in my case.

PPF full wrap btw in PNW area is about 6K.

I’m looking enclosed trailer from Orlando to Connecticut . 06416 . Anyone from Florida know someone I can trust with fair price ?

Anyone buying form a CARB state dealer hear anything yet? No outreach yet in my case.

Here's from Boardwalk Lotus in California

1709655620967.png

I hate to rain on the parade here, but this is a total cluster fuck. Thye've had all this time to preemptively do paperwork, arrange financing, inform of warranty options, and essentially Lotus and the entire dealer network have been literally sitting around waiting for CARB approval. Now we are all trying to get info on where we stand and what we are looking at for delivery time frames. C'mon. this is soooo lotus.

I'm dubious of the quality at that price, but maybe it's good :D

True. If using name brand film and decent install quality, I would consider PPF at that price. I don't think I'd do it at $6k or higher.

My dealer in NJ called me yesterday to tell me that they received an email from Lotus telling them that the cars are in UK getting a software update, and then they will be shipping them out ASAP.

True. If using name brand film and decent install quality, I would consider PPF at that price. I don't think I'd do it at $6k or higher.
I was quoted $6500 for full ppf from the dealers installer. I've called a few places around and $6K was sort of the norm.

Signed sealed and delivered yesterday late afternoon. It’s fricking awesome. Drove straight home and been staring at it all the time. Had to pinch myself self many times to make sure I was not dreaming. Believe I was actually the first one delivered

Damn that's a great spec!!! Congrats!!!

I hate to rain on the parade here, but this is a total cluster fuck. Thye've had all this time to preemptively do paperwork, arrange financing, inform of warranty options, and essentially Lotus and the entire dealer network have been literally sitting around waiting for CARB approval. Now we are all trying to get info on where we stand and what we are looking at for delivery time frames. C'mon. this is soooo lotus.
Sounds overly harsh. What preemptive work would you have the dealers do? Arrange financing on a vehicle without a known date of sale? Write up invoices without a date of sale? Ask owners to write checks for a car with an unknown sale or delivery schedule? Do BMV registration without a sold car?

All of this happens at sale time, and saleable cars were only confirmed on Monday.

Their best guess as to when we will start taking delivery is the end of April. 😭

That's ridiculous! I'd love to know why CARB state cars were held at the port. Meanwhile, non-CARB state FE2.0s will be getting delivered before 2021 deposit FE1.0 orders... and they might not even happen until end of April now? Ugh...

I did full front and high impact areas + mirrors PPF. Also paint correction and full ceramic. Total cost was 5k which includes warranty on the work. Dealer had them come there and do all work onsite. Cost was probably about average but it was done from a higher end installer.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back