• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I'm assuming you've been driving it around. Reactions?
Got into my garage just before it started raining…My excitement kept me from looking for any weak points (yet). If you’ve had an Evora, you are already familiar with how well this car soaks up bumps and road imperfections. Initial thoughts: (1) steering is light and precise; (2) acceleration is strong (but I am following the break-in guidelines), (3) headlights are terrific; (4) brakes have a very strong initial bite, but very easy to modulate; (5) the manual transmission was much better than on my test drive car; and (6) fit and finish is above my expectations. More to follow tomorrow night…

Got into my garage just before it started raining…My excitement kept me from looking for any weak points (yet). If you’ve had an Evora, you are already familiar with how well this car soaks up bumps and road imperfections. Initial thoughts: (1) steering is light and precise; (2) acceleration is strong (but I am following the break-in guidelines), (3) headlights are terrific; (4) brakes have a very strong initial bite, but very easy to modulate; (5) the manual transmission was much better than on my test drive car; and (6) fit and finish is above my expectations. More to follow tomorrow night…
You sir, are a legend. First Emira delivered in the US. Can't wait to join you on Friday!

Congrats on the first owners!

Anyone plan on posting up some YouTube content? Would love to see and subscribe to you guys.

Sounds like if I were to put a deposit for a V6 manual right now, they're about another good year out or so, is that correct?

This is excellent. 👍

Do you have the Touring or Sports chassis?
[edit] Just saw on your window sticker that it's Sports. 👌

Yes sir! Now we're talking!

Check the underside for missing / loose bolts...

Congratulations on the first delivery, I hope you have the best of luck with the car. I have more confidence in the early US cars than I do the early worldwide cars, so not expecting anything too material… enjoy! Look forward to hearing your experience

Congratulations, beautiful car. Be interesting to hear if you received a battery tender and owners handbook.

Here's my congratulations! We are all glad to hear that the delivery went smoothly, and that the car and proud owner are both doing well. It's always an exciting time to have a new addition to the garage.

Anyone else buying from Gator but taking it to another state? My plan to was to pick mine up (once ready) and drive it back to Maryland. However, I want to have PPF and ceramic done before I take that 500+ mile journey.

Last I spoke to Gator (couple weeks ago), it seems like they were lining up some options, but I wonder if it's worthwhile to source my own Indianapolis-based vendor for this, as maybe their vendors for this will be slammed with such requests and that will further delay delivery.
In the same boat as you. Live in MD but picking up at Gator. Received FE 2.0 slot in December so I still have a few months to go but I think I will just plan on having the car shipped out to MD when it arrives. The irony of it being unloaded in Baltimore, shipped to Indiana and then shipped back to Baltimore is not lost on me...

In the same boat as you. Live in MD but picking up at Gator. Received FE 2.0 slot in December so I still have a few months to go but I think I will just plan on having the car shipped out to MD when it arrives. The irony of it being unloaded in Baltimore, shipped to Indiana and then shipped back to Baltimore is not lost on me...
Too bad you can’t work out something with Gator and Lotus of DC to have your car shipped to DC.

Same. It's going to be trucked to CA and then back to CO. Why not just add two weeks?

Too bad you can’t work out something with Gator and Lotus of DC to have your car shipped to DC.

I would also like being able to pickup in Lotus DC if possible. However, I don't think Lotus DC, or any dealership for that matter, wants to get in the middle of a relationship between the customer and another dealer. They don't want to be bothered if something, anything, goes wrong with the car. Wrong options, delivery damage, any claims in the future regarding lemon laws, etc, etc.

Here's my congratulations! We are all glad to hear that the delivery went smoothly, and that the car and proud owner are both doing well. It's always an exciting time to have a new addition to the garage.
Now I have six weeks or so to get the engine break-in done before my first track day of the season!

I would also like being able to pickup in Lotus DC if possible. However, I don't think Lotus DC, or any dealership for that matter, wants to get in the middle of a relationship between the customer and another dealer. They don't want to be bothered if something, anything, goes wrong with the car. Wrong options, delivery damage, any claims in the future regarding lemon laws, etc, etc.
Agreed, and I have no issues with taking the trip out to Gator. They have been a pleasure to deal with!

Well there's no place to pick up a car at Lotus DC at the moment. I stopped by there the other day and it still looks incredibly rough. What's supposed to be the showroom still has plywood over some of the sections that should have a window, and you can see construction lights hanging inside.

It's still in essentially the same condition that I saw in the fall. I hope they get it together soon, staff on site said they hope to have a functioning showroom by the middle of the year but I think that's quite late for the need.

Well there's no place to pick up a car at Lotus DC at the moment. I stopped by there the other day and it still looks incredibly rough. What's supposed to be the showroom still has plywood over some of the sections that should have a window, and you can see construction lights hanging inside.

It's still in essentially the same condition that I saw in the fall. I hope they get it together soon, staff on site said they hope to have a functioning showroom by the middle of the year but I think that's quite late for the need.
Still? I have not gone there recently in order to keep myself pure (LOL!) I've driven near it many times on my way to getting food. It was literally a used car dealership lot. I've seen some clean photos of social media posts from that dealership so I thought maybe they finished building it.

Of course, they could just be delaying expenditures and paying interest on that until they actually had cars to sell. Makes perfect business sense and it's exactly how I would do it.

Speaking of food, I was in the DC Poultry Market in Alexandria the other day, and while waiting for our order, remarked to my wife that there is a surprising number of Emira buyers in Alexandria. She rolled her eyes.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back