• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

That's ridiculous! I'd love to know why CARB state cars were held at the port. Meanwhile, non-CARB state FE2.0s will be getting delivered before 2021 deposit FE1.0 orders... and they might not even happen until end of April now? Ugh...
My guess is that storage in UK is a heck of a lot cheaper than storage in Baltimore. Also, it gives them the ability to do software updates any any other service/recall tasks with much better managed expertise and cost. For the non-CARB cars, I guess they figured that cost is much more manageable and the dealers can run the updates/service/recall.

Edit: The east coast folks can plausibly see cars by the end of this month if the stars align.

I’m looking enclosed trailer from Orlando to Connecticut . 06416 . Anyone from Florida know someone I can trust with fair price ?
I recently used Nexus Auto Transport to move an E-type from NYC to Atlanta. Cost was $1200. Picked up and delivered in 3-days.

Are you happy with your 718 ppf with them?

Looks pretty good in general, after 2 weeks, had a bubble on one of the distance sensor which trigger the front left sensor all the time. but they told me to take the car back after 2 weeks so they can go through it again so I'll do that tomorrow. It's been 3 1/2 years since they did my RS5 and it's still perfect. They were recommended by friends who've had their car done before.

I asked if had to decide before driving off. HE said it will still be available but the price will start going up as its a 'used' car at that point.
Usually on extended warranties the clutch is considered a wear item and wouldnt be covered...along with any other wear items No experience with Lotus but others are like that. Its amazing what else it they try to consider a wear item...that obviously arent.

Yes and as mentioned by MYFASTEFE as well, a clutch will be a "wear and tear" item. My thought was if it must be replaced due to a defect...then perhaps the VCS would cover it. OR perhaps other Lotus owners will confirm the clutch is usually "tried and true" and not prone to any problems, other than normal wear. Then assuming the Emira transmission and Toyota engine are fairly bullet-proof as well, the VCS will have little value and this will underscore the need for a true bumper-to-bumper extended warranty.

I hate to rain on the parade here, but this is a total cluster fuck. Thye've had all this time to preemptively do paperwork, arrange financing, inform of warranty options, and essentially Lotus and the entire dealer network have been literally sitting around waiting for CARB approval. Now we are all trying to get info on where we stand and what we are looking at for delivery time frames. C'mon. this is soooo lotus.
I’ve thought about this myself as I’ve wanted to try to have all my ducks in a row before delivery but end of the day from a dealer standpoint, If I were a dealer in good faith I wouldn’t want to get a customer financing, or PPF their car etc without lotus pulling through with the CARB approval. What if they didnt get approval? What would we do then? Now we are both in a bad position. But on the flip side can you imagine if lotus directly dealt with the customer 😂

I wonder if we should start a separate thread just on PPF?

Anyway, I got a quote from the place I've used in the past in Dulles, VA for $2700 for PPF front areas (Suntek Reaction film), and $1800 for full ceramic + paint correction so that's $4,500 total. I'm waiting on a quote from a vendor I found in Indianapolis.

I'm a bit torn as I'll be picking up the car in Indy and driving it back home. If I get PPF done in Indy, then I'm protected for the 500+ mile drive back. On the other hand, if I get it done locally near my house, I can easily go back there should any adjustments be needed, and I've used that company twice in the past so I know their work quality.

I plan to split the drive back into 2 days. Perhaps I should just time when I'm on the road to avoid certain times of day on I-70 and I-68? Or I could take US-33 and US-50 backroads via WV instead of PA.

Not a single word from Lotus Philly
My guess is that storage in UK is a heck of a lot cheaper than storage in Baltimore. Also, it gives them the ability to do software updates any any other service/recall tasks with much better managed expertise and cost. For the non-CARB cars, I guess they figured that cost is much more manageable and the dealers can run the updates/service/recall.

Edit: The east coast folks can plausibly see cars by the end of this month if the stars align.
I'm bracing for this news, but I asked my dealer twice now to confirm the car was in Baltimore, NOT the UK over the last couple months... was told Baltimore... maybe I haven't heard from them 'cause they are trying to figure out how to back peddle with customers and adjust the timeline by another MONTH...

I'm bracing for this news, but I asked my dealer twice now to confirm the car was in Baltimore, NOT the UK over the last couple months... was told Baltimore... maybe I haven't heard from them 'cause they are trying to figure out how to back peddle with customers and adjust the timeline by another MONTH...
There are *some* new cars at Baltimore. I don't know how many or whether they are for CARB/Non-CARB dealers. However, if you search your VIN in the "commodity" field of importinfo.com and nothing comes up, then chances are your car is still in UK.

All new cars will have paint flaws... some minor and some pretty significant in one form or another. It literally just takes the dealer washing it with an everyday sponge and drying it once with a towel to ruin the clear coat requiring at least light polishing. You don't want to apply PPF or ceramic before paint correction, otherwise, you're locking in the flaws.

Can you explain to me why you need to do paint correction on a new car? I am genuinely confused.

OEM paint quality varies from car to car, especially for low-volume producers like Lotus. Dust, orange peel, runs, and other imperfections may have already been corrected at the factory but maybe that correction was not absolutely perfect as it's a manual process and workmanship varies. The cars may also pickup scratches, nicks, contaminants such as water stains, iron and feline particles, and other imperfections during the shipping/delivery/holding process.

As I said, that website (importinfo.com) said 12/20/23 in Newark, NJ!

Attachments

• IMG_1175.jpeg
    IMG_1175.jpeg
    41.9 KB · Views: 61
Small update from my dealer @ Boardwalk Lotus -- cars will arrive in whatever order they arrive in. That isn't necessarily going to be the reservation or order priority, just whatever Hethel sends on whatever boats and whenever it arrives.

It's entirely possible some FE2.0s and later order cars will arrive before your car even if you're the first reservation at your CARB dealer.

Signed sealed and delivered yesterday late afternoon. It’s fricking awesome. Drove straight home and been staring at it all the time. Had to pinch myself self many times to make sure I was not dreaming. Believe I was actually the first one delivered
Send that to Lotus Dallas. The FB groups say that Earth Motor Cars isn’t releasing them yet for some reason. Not sure how true; anyone pick up at Dallas yet or any Texas dealer?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back