• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

This pisses me off! This is something that could have been tackled while we waited for carb.
Yup, I even told them they completely killed the hype. I asked what we're waiting on and when and I just got back that their parts manager is trying to figure that out from Lotus. So, yeah... I guess I won't take delivery anytime soon. What a horrible kickoff to deliveries. Plus, is this something new that broke from letting random people mess with the car, or are they truly just now doing PDI 3 months later and found it.

Yup, I even told them they completely killed the hype. I asked what we're waiting on and when and I just got back that their parts manager is trying to figure that out from Lotus. So, yeah... I guess I won't take delivery anytime soon. What a horrible kickoff to deliveries. Plus, is this something new that broke from letting random people mess with the car, or are they truly just now doing PDI 3 months later and found it.

I'd want details on what they found for sure. That is frustrating to say the least. :confused:

I wonder if we should start a separate thread just on PPF?

Anyway, I got a quote from the place I've used in the past in Dulles, VA for $2700 for PPF front areas (Suntek Reaction film), and $1800 for full ceramic + paint correction so that's $4,500 total. I'm waiting on a quote from a vendor I found in Indianapolis.

I'm a bit torn as I'll be picking up the car in Indy and driving it back home. If I get PPF done in Indy, then I'm protected for the 500+ mile drive back. On the other hand, if I get it done locally near my house, I can easily go back there should any adjustments be needed, and I've used that company twice in the past so I know their work quality.

I plan to split the drive back into 2 days. Perhaps I should just time when I'm on the road to avoid certain times of day on I-70 and I-68? Or I could take US-33 and US-50 backroads via WV instead of PA.
Buy some Track Armor from Amazon for $50. It's temporary but should work to drive her home.

Or this possibly (never tried it): https://www.walmart.com/ip/Road-Warrior-Plus-Temporary-Paint-Protection/895427423

Last edited:
My dealer offered the following add on, anyone know anything about it?

Xzilon protectant $2,995 for 7 years

My dealer offered the following add on, anyone know anything about it?

Xzilon protectant $2,995 for 7 years

Ask them for details, but be careful with the dealer offered protection add ons. There's usually fine print saying you can use auto washes (which I hope you wouldn't anyway) and other stipulations that may void the coverage.

I hate to rain on the parade here, but this is a total cluster fuck. Thye've had all this time to preemptively do paperwork, arrange financing, inform of warranty options, and essentially Lotus and the entire dealer network have been literally sitting around waiting for CARB approval. Now we are all trying to get info on where we stand and what we are looking at for delivery time frames. C'mon. this is soooo lotus.
They probably didn’t expect it to pass 🤣 (internally).

I'd want details on what they found for sure. That is frustrating to say the least. :confused:
"I believe it’s a belly pan. "

Well, joyriding and hit it? Damaged during transport (don't see how)? I don't think it's easy to damange a belly pan unless you're doing something far more crazy than just driving it a little for PDI.

"I believe it’s a belly pan. "

Well, joyriding and hit it? Damaged during transport (don't see how)? I don't think it's easy to damange a belly pan unless you're doing something far more crazy than just driving it a little for PDI.

Lotus Emira has had a history of missing rivets and stuff for underbody paneling. Check the problems/issues forum.

Lotus Emira has had a history of missing rivets and stuff for underbody paneling. Check the problems/issues forum.
Good point, that may calm my mind for wondering what happened, but probably not calm me down from PDI just now being done after 3 months 😅

Anyone wants to bet on when will the first CARB state car be delivered to the CARB state customers? My Guess is April 1st!
Probably not even close, it'll take Lotus about a week or two just to go out to the port and flash all the cars, then get them loaded on a ship, then it's about 2 weeks before it get to Baltimore and then however long it takes from the port to the dealer.

Probably not even close, it'll take Lotus about a week or two just to go out to the port and flash all the cars, then get them loaded on a ship, then it's about 2 weeks before it get to Baltimore and then however long it takes from the port to the dealer.
I actually am a bit more optimistic. They can probably get the cars flashed quicker than that and get them loaded a batch at a time. It should take, what, 15 minutes tops to flash a car? They can get 32 done with a single person in an 8 hour shift.

I actually am a bit more optimistic. They can probably get the cars flashed quicker than that and get them loaded a batch at a time. It should take, what, 15 minutes tops to flash a car? They can get 32 done with a single person in an 8 hour shift.
Sometimes it can take longer. There are stories of dealers struggling to flash some of the early Emiras for hours. No clue whether that's user error, or if there's some problem with certain cars.

First delivery in Arizona, at McLaren/Lotus Scottsdale. The State’s computer system doesn’t recognize what a Lotus Emira is….waiting for my temporary tag! 🙄

1709676330172.jpeg

Do you know what type of film they use? I know it's not XPEL and I want to just research it before comitting.

First delivery in Arizona, at McLaren/Lotus Scottsdale. The State’s computer system doesn’t recognize what a Lotus Emira is….waiting for my temporary tag! 🙄

View attachment 38206

Looks amazing! Almost my exact same spec. Is the car PPF'd and/or ceramic coated or is that factory paint?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back