• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

The State of Arizona’s MVD computer system doesn’t recognize what a Lotus Emira is, and therefore, the dealer could not print out a temporary license plate tag!!! 🙄

When I had a Lotus Esprit in the early 2000's, the DC DMV system didn't have Lotus as a make at all, so the make was just listed as "Other" on the registration certificate.

At risk of asking the potentially dumbest question on the forum, anyone deciding to back out on the 99-yard line? The excitement of deliveries has me considering trying to pick up a V6 rather than wait for an I4. Have contacted a few dealers to see if anyone has stock that isn't spoken for but no luck yet.

At risk of asking the potentially dumbest question on the forum, anyone deciding to back out on the 99-yard line? The excitement of deliveries has me considering trying to pick up a V6 rather than wait for an I4. Have contacted a few dealers to see if anyone has stock that isn't spoken for but no luck yet.
Look two posts above yours… might message him.

V6 for the win! Manual is a MUST for a lotus sports car but even if you find one that’s not spoken for be prepared to pay $10k to $20k extra from the already f2.0 raised MSRP… I speak from experience 🥲

Carbon engine surround

Attachments

• IMG_0598.jpeg
    IMG_0598.jpeg
    414.9 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0596.jpeg
    IMG_0596.jpeg
    255.1 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0595.jpeg
    IMG_0595.jpeg
    222.5 KB · Views: 170

I did the Lotus factory tour in January. What they told me is the I4 was intended primarily for the European market as some countries tax heavily based on engine output, so the price of the Emira would be 50% higher when taxes are added in. I do see the CARB certification was only obtained for the V-6 engine at this time. At the very least, that suggests the I4 is not a priority for the US market and you may have a bit of a wait ahead of you.

More importantly, has anyone received communications from Gator, or did you have to call to get any info? I've found sending emails to them is fairly useless.
Yes they sent out an update email yesterday saying carb was approved and they are working through orders first for those that are the dealers and then those that are at lotus USA

Its a 4 hour drive and the hangup is they are probably waiting to load it up for some reason.
Yeah I saw it’s not that far of a drive. I’m a bit worried that even that short distance will turn into a 2 or 3 week delay to get to the dealership

I did the Lotus factory tour in January. What they told me is the I4 was intended primarily for the European market as some countries tax heavily based on engine output, so the price of the Emira would be 50% higher when taxes are added in. I do see the CARB certification was only obtained for the V-6 engine at this time. At the very least, that suggests the I4 is not a priority for the US market and you may have a bit of a wait ahead of you.
CARB Cert only for the v6 with the manual. No mention of the auto or i4 DCT. Good chance that anyone who didn't order a V6 with a Manual Trans will have to wait for the next CARB certification.

carb m6spd.png

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back