USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Take 2 at McLaren/Lotus of Scottsdale this morning! The State of Arizona now recognizes what a Lotus Emira is, and the dealer was able to print out my temporary tag! Now, just waiting for a 720S to come pick me up and take me to the dealership ! đź‘Ť

Attachments

• 73143373890__D3C106C3-6F8A-46C9-9C5A-605082DA67DA.jpeg
    73143373890__D3C106C3-6F8A-46C9-9C5A-605082DA67DA.jpeg
    198 KB · Views: 103
Take 2 at McLaren/Lotus of Scottsdale this morning! The State of Arizona now recognizes what a Lotus Emira is, and the dealer was able to print out my temporary tag! Now, just waiting for a 720S to come pick me up and take me to the dealership ! đź‘Ť
This makes me very pleased with my choice of Nimbus! enjoy!

We just gotta be a little more patient 🤷‍♂️
Agreed! The business process stuff is all individual per dealer. It's not unreasonable for the dealer to need a few days to get things arranged, considering they are just now receiving the cars "legally" and need to process them.

Oh, when picking up your Emira, have the dealership print you out a full owners manual! The car doesn’t come with one. I’m having it spiral bound at the local office supply store.

Oh, when picking up your Emira, have the dealership print you out a full owners manual! The car doesn’t come with one. I’m having it spiral bound at the local office supply store.
I don't suppose there's an app for the manual. Something like BMW has.

WTH! That’s a slap in the face. Just bought your 100k car now you gotta go to staples

Exciting times! Big congrats to all the lucky ones who have deliveries done/pending.

Still crickets in Canada...

WTH! That’s a slap in the face. Just bought your 100k car now you gotta go to staples
Look on the bright side, you're getting an exotic sports car with a chassis built via a process that's almost entirely unique in the auto industry, for about $50-75k less than any other manufacturer would have charged for it. I'm fine with the owner's manual being digital.

Just to help with expectations of everyone, I called my dealer in Missouri today. They have received window stickers, they have given the cars all of the updates, but they have not received the Manufacturer Statement of Origins yet, which is what allows you in the State of Missouri (maybe others) to Title/Register the vehicle as a New car.

So they are going to hold on releasing vehicles until they have the MSOs, so that nobody runs into issues getting the vehicles titled.

Eh... dealerships try to maximize profits and buyers try to minimize cost. Unless they are changing something they previously agreed to, I don't see any issues.

This isn't crazy to me at all. They are basically stating that if you wanted to order a car it would add $12K to do so (since all new cars are FE2.0 price). And then for the benefit of it getting delivered NOW, you pay $10K-$15K more. That doesn't sound crazy unreasonable for an exclusive car that is highly desired.

Before we get to page 500 I just want to throw out there - when do you think we’ll hear about FE automatics? Zero points for anyone who says “soon”. That’s basic.

This isn't crazy to me at all. They are basically stating that if you wanted to order a car it would add $12K to do so (since all new cars are FE2.0 price). And then for the benefit of it getting delivered NOW, you pay $10K-$15K more. That doesn't sound crazy unreasonable for an exclusive car that is highly desired.
See I took it as these were deposit holders that are getting jerked around when it came time to sign the paperwork

See I took it as these were deposit holders that are getting jerked around when it came time to sign the paperwork
Hmm... maybe. That would be awful.

I just read "sitting on lot" as meaning a car that had been orphaned and needed a new home.

I will say I was surprised when Lotus of Dallas didn't require any additional deposit beyond the initial 2500 to get a build locked in. I'm guessing they expect to have no problems selling the cars if someone drops out after the car arrives. And from the above looks like from a business standpoint it may work out for them for people that don't want to wait in line.

I also believe they are only doing that to cars that people dropped out from, I believe they sell at MSRP if you've been a deposit holder. (at least I hope so)

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back