• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Cant get my car because its not at the dealer...Sitting...somewhere. Wanted to go pick up tomorrow.

1. Lotus is Carb Approve
  2. Lotus can sell Emiras
  3. Lotus Has my Emira in USA since Decemberish
  4. I have the money ready to pay
  5. Car is not at dealer for me to buy
  6. ???
  7. ???
  8. Am I being unreasonable? I mean its comical at the point. Im not blaming dealer, but I think all around this is a shit show.

Cant get my car because its not at the dealer...Sitting...somewhere. Wanted to go pick up tomorrow.

1. Lotus is Carb Approve
  2. Lotus can sell Emiras
  3. Lotus Has my Emira in USA since Decemberish
  4. I have the money ready to pay
  5. Car is not at dealer for me to buy
  6. ???
  7. ???
  8. Am I being unreasonable? I mean its comical at the point. Im not blaming dealer, but I think all around this is a shit show.
Where do they have it stored?

Most paint jobs have some lemon peel that is accepted by people. The paint correction knocks all that down so it's mirror smooth.
Oh gosh no! You don't want to remove the orange peel on modern cars. Clear coats are way too thin and you're just asking for problems by doing that. Preserve your clear coat!
All you want to do is minimize swirl marks and enhance the gloss before film is applied. Pretty much every new car has some swirls, some have sanding marks, holograms, etc. either from the factory or dealer. Some new cars are actually pretty horrendous.

Probably off topic
I have to really commend Lotus of Dallas.
They have been fantastic to deal with.
From top management to sales and service department.
I bought my 2021 Evora GT from them. They sold it for me in 3 days at price I asked for no Issues. Money went towards the Emira.
As for the Emira love it so far. Only complaint is that reverse is an issue for me more than once when going to 1st gear I get reverse it’s really close
In the Evora there was a notch below shifter knob that you had to lift before engaging reverse.
I guess I’m not that smart.
Car is very engaging
Sports suspension great. Not as hard as Evora
Love the steering wheel and position.
Had the carbon fiber engine cover done early this morning
Will post pictures later today

Yay 😒. 3 months to do PDI and just found this out.

View attachment 38202
PDI occurs when a dealer takes a car into their inventory. These weren't (legally) part of dealer inventory and weren't PDI'd yet, because Lotus didn't actually sell the cars to the dealers until now.

Probably off topic
I bought my 2021 Evora GT from them. They sold it for me in 3 days at price I asked for no Issues. Money went towards the Emira.
As for the Emira love it so far. Only complaint is that reverse is an issue for me more than once when going to 1st gear I get reverse it’s really close
In the Evora there was a notch below shifter knob that you had to lift before engaging reverse.
Car is very engaging
Reverse was actually a question I had since I didn't try it out during my test drive. So is it just further left than first?

And here I was...going to start a awesome road trip tomorrow. Hoping to get up there Friday.

Lucky you! I’ve had quite the opposite experience … still waiting for them to send me the paperwork. Never answer my text or emails. I have to keep bugging them for answers and still nothing gets done. Very frustrating… I hung up the phone earlier and they said they were going to send me the paperwork for payment right away…. They close in 45mn and still nothing 👎🏻
Who is your sales person
DM me

I already posted this just now in the PPF thread.. but wanted to post this for you guys here as well. This is Naples.. They didn't tell me not to share it, so I am guessing this is allowed...
Full Front PPF (Coverage includes the front bumper, hood, front fenders, and mirrors):

Typically $3,995. Exclusive price of $3,495

Full car coverage pricing starts at $9,995, but you can get it for an exclusive price of $9,495.

Full car coverage STEALTH PPF 10,495.

XPEL Ceramic Coating: $2,995 exclusive price of $1,995

Is this a new gearbox for the NA cars ? Mine has a trigger you pull up when reversing... Cant get into reverse without pulling it.

Probably off topic
Car is very engaging
in the demo I drove in Canada (which came from Michigan), you had to lift it to put it into R. Have they changed this?

I already posted this just now in the PPF thread.. but wanted to post this for you guys here as well. This is Naples.. They didn't tell me not to share it, so I am guessing this is allowed...
Full Front PPF (Coverage includes the front bumper, hood, front fenders, and mirrors):

Typically $3,995. Exclusive price of $3,495

Full car coverage pricing starts at $9,995, but you can get it for an exclusive price of $9,495.

Full car coverage STEALTH PPF 10,495.

XPEL Ceramic Coating: $2,995 exclusive price of $1,995
At those prices I’m sure they’d love you to share with everybody!

Well, I should have known something stupid would happen to prevent me taking home my Emira today! The State of Arizona’s MVD computer system doesn’t recognize what a Lotus Emira is, and therefore, the dealer could not print out a temporary license plate tag!!! 🙄 Can you believe it??!!! Will try again tomorrow! ☹️

Well, I should have known something stupid would happen to prevent me taking home my Emira today! The State of Arizona’s MVD computer system doesn’t recognize what a Lotus Emira is, and therefore, the dealer could not print out a temporary license plate tag!!! 🙄 Can you believe it??!!! Will try again tomorrow! ☹️
I hope all the other states are having more luck than us. Broken parts, can't print tags, not off to a great start 😅

Last edited:
You really, really, have to admire the consistency. I've never seen something so consistent in my life.
As if that wasn't enough, this FINALLY happens with my car having sat at the Austin dealer for months and the timing of the release is terrible for me! I got hit with a... financial challenge that may be my undoing. I may have to give up the Emira. 😢

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back