USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I don't think that the VIN will show any difference between 1.0 and 2.0 as the cars are essentially the same. The only differences are the color options and the price.
I know of 10,250 reasons why the FE 1.0s are superior to the 2.0s - equal to a very nice week or two in the Caribbean, 10-days at the Skip Barber Formula 1 Racing School, 7-years of insurance coverage, 64 bottles of Caymus + 976 bottles of St. Bernardus 12, or 40-hrs of psychotherapy to deal with the anxiety of the last three years.

Ok so excuse the dumb question but how do I know if my car is FE 1.0 or 2.0?
My vin is SCCLEKAX7RHB11148
Either by the custom color you picked or the MSRP you paid. FE 1.0 listed at about $93,500. Mechanically there is no difference. All FE have the same 1st Edition badge. FE 2.0 builds benefited from the FE 1.0 teething issues.

I know of 10,250 reasons why the FE 1.0s are superior to the 2.0s - equal to a very nice week or two in the Caribbean, 10-days at the Skip Barber Formula 1 Racing School, 7-years of insurance coverage, 64 bottles of Caymus + 976 bottles of St. Bernardus 12, or 40-hrs of psychotherapy to deal with the anxiety of the last three years.
I have been lurking on this Forum since this thread‘s inception and I had to register just to post a reply to this post. benjh1028 I believe you and I would get along famously. I’m not sure if I’d enjoy the Caymus or the St. Barnadus more, but I’m happy to report I’ve had both over the past two weeks. Unfortunately, I think my therapy bills are a lot higher than yours. Maybe it has something to do with my 7/19/21 order date in PA? (the greatest CARB state of all time)

I’m not sure how or even if they are delineating a difference between the 1s and 2s in production at this point. My car is on the list of 60 in the shipment that just arrived in Baltimore and is a FE2 car. It could be that the only difference is what one paid. On the other hand, my dealer told me that the differences are the colour of the Lotus logo in the roundel (black for FE2 cars as opposed to dark green for FE1s) and additional cargo netting for FE2s.

I was at the factory last week and should have asked… there were definitely a few Baltimore bound Emiras being picked up for shipment while I was there though 😁
I don't believe we have seen one US/CAN Emira delivered with yellow and green logo. It seems FE1/2 are now the same in that regard. I think the only difference is price and the different color options.

This may be of topic - but does anyone have a PPF person they suggest in Nashville? The options from Lotus are for non wrapped edges without paint correction first - would like to see other options out there but not sure where to start (other than Google).

You don’t really, how much are you paying? lol
That’s why I was asking 😅 I was charged for a FE 2.0 +$$$ since I was late to the party and grabbed a car from someone who cancelled but I was just wondering do there was a way to know other than just trusting the dealer ( which I don’t)

That’s why I was asking 😅 I was charged for a FE 2.0 +$$$ since I was late to the party and grabbed a car from someone who cancelled but I was just wondering do there was a way to know other than just trusting the dealer ( which I don’t)
Vin range will give you one of the biggest clues.

What color is it?

Yeah my VIN is in the shipment that just arrived in Baltimore and is in the 1000s.

Like you, I did a July 2021 deposit with a configuration order in September 2023 and was allocated a February build slot. I apparently moved up from number 33 to number 30 or something at the dealership when a few people asked to defer their final configuration by a month.

Are you with Oakville or Gentry?

As for the factory tour, I can’t say enough good things about it. I did the half day track day/half day factory & Classic Team Lotus tour package (699 pound). I made the trip over specifically for the tour, however I also did the full track day package the next day.

In regards to Halifax as a port destination, I did not see any built cars with that as a shipping port. That’s not to say that they weren’t there… only that I didn’t see any.
No way, I’m right behind you in line haha (assuming you’re Gentry as well).

Did they arrange it for you? Paul told me a few ppl inquired about going while their car is on the line but wasn’t gaining much traction on that. I’d be interested in doing it at some point - I guess you just missed your car? Mine was likely on the line or just completed when you had your tour :).

I also haven’t heard anything about shipments to Halifax, however that schedule showed Atlantic Sky departing March 12 from Liverpool to Baltimore, I looked up this boat and it shows it left Liverpool and is headed to Halifax…unless there are more than 1 Atlantic Sky that left Liverpool on the exact same day :).

It does! Thanks! I would expect the first maybe 600 or so to be 1.0 and anything after that to be 2.0 but can’t really be sure
A clue but not a sure thing...I believe there were 700 total FE1s and about 70 of those for Canada which all appear to be in the 1000s. Keep in mind likely 20% Of those allocation are autos which I assume are not produced yet.

Did they arrange it for you? Paul told me a few ppl inquired about going while their car is on the line but wasn’t gaining much traction on that. I’d be interested in doing it at some point - I guess you just missed your car? Mine was likely on the line or just completed when you had your tour :).

I also haven’t heard anything about shipments to Halifax, however that schedule showed Atlantic Sky departing March 12 from Liverpool to Baltimore, I looked up this boat and it shows it left Liverpool and is headed to Halifax…unless there are more than 1 Atlantic Sky that left Liverpool on the exact same day :).

The last ACL ship that carried Canadian cars was the Atlantic SUN, which called at Halifax and NY before delivering the cars to Baltimore. I'm counting on Atlantic SKY to hold some CARB state cars.

I was one of the people who was inquiring about touring the factory when my car was in production, but I figured it really would be pretty difficult to coordinate. In the end I just booked the earliest available date for the factory tour/track day combo which was March 7th. The day I was leaving to go overseas I happened to speak with Paul who surprised me with the information that my car was “the last one to make it in this shipment” (I assume the last Gentry bound vehicle) and that it was due in Baltimore the next day.

It‘s entirely possible I saw your car on the grounds at Hethel (there was quite a bit of down time between the track sessions and I did wander the lot.) Quite a few cars showed “Baltimore” on their windshield sticker. Most of the cars were fully wrapped, but quite a few had the windshield and side door portions rolled up so they could be manoeuvred about. Picture taking was somewhat restricted.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back