USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I have been lurking on this Forum since this thread‘s inception and I had to register just to post a reply to this post. benjh1028 I believe you and I would get along famously. I’m not sure if I’d enjoy the Caymus or the St. Barnadus more, but I’m happy to report I’ve had both over the past two weeks. Unfortunately, I think my therapy bills are a lot higher than yours. Maybe it has something to do with my 7/19/21 order date in PA? (the greatest CARB state of all time)

Glad you decided to sign up! Hoping to get some Mid-Atlantic Lotus owners together for a meet sometime. Just waiting for you guys to take delivery and pass the break-in period! 😉

I was one of the people who was inquiring about touring the factory when my car was in production, but I figured it really would be pretty difficult to coordinate. In the end I just booked the earliest available date for the factory tour/track day combo which was March 7th. The day I was leaving to go overseas I happened to speak with Paul who surprised me with the information that my car was “the last one to make it in this shipment” (I assume the last Gentry bound vehicle) and that it was due in Baltimore the next day.

It‘s entirely possible I saw your car on the grounds at Hethel (there was quite a bit of down time between the track sessions and I did wander the lot.) Quite a few cars showed “Baltimore” on their windshield sticker. Most of the cars were fully wrapped, but quite a few had the windshield and side door portions rolled up so they could be manoeuvred about. Picture taking was somewhat restricted.
Sounds awesome!

Where did you reach out for info on your tour and track day? Did you stay somewhere close to Hethel or drive in for the day?

Would be funny if you had pics of the lot and mine's sitting there lol. Seneca Blue, Black Pack and full alcantara with all the yellow options and diamond cut...probably a dime a dozen except mine is privacy glass delete.

Are you planning to do PPF/Ceramic? Paul told me that John is working on that with someone they will bring in. I guess they have a lot to still get sorted with the cars arriving around a week from now including financing options. Experience with Gentry has been great.

I have been lurking on this Forum since this thread‘s inception and I had to register just to post a reply to this post. benjh1028 I believe you and I would get along famously. I’m not sure if I’d enjoy the Caymus or the St. Barnadus more, but I’m happy to report I’ve had both over the past two weeks. Unfortunately, I think my therapy bills are a lot higher than yours. Maybe it has something to do with my 7/19/21 order date in PA? (the greatest CARB state of all time)
You've clearly had a better two-week run than me Rich!

Sounds awesome!

Where did you reach out for info on your tour and track day? Did you stay somewhere close to Hethel or drive in for the day?

Would be funny if you had pics of the lot and mine's sitting there lol. Seneca Blue, Black Pack and full alcantara with all the yellow options and diamond cut...probably a dime a dozen except mine is privacy glass delete.

Are you planning to do PPF/Ceramic? Paul told me that John is working on that with someone they will bring in. I guess they have a lot to still get sorted with the cars arriving around a week from now including financing options. Experience with Gentry has been great.
The primary Lotus website honestly should have a link to this, but it doesn’t seem to 🙄:

The “Introduction to Sportscars” is an excellent package.
For accommodation, this is great hotel only a 10 minute drive from the factory:

I am contemplating PPF yes, but I’m not 100% certain how extensive or at which shop. If they bring someone in to Gentry I would entertain that option.

The primary Lotus website honestly should have a link to this, but it doesn’t seem to 🙄:

The “Introduction to Sportscars” is an excellent package.
For accommodation, this is great hotel only a 10 minute drive from the factory:

I am contemplating PPF yes, but I’m not 100% certain how extensive or at which shop. If they bring someone in to Gentry I would entertain that option.

The Maids Head is also really close and a pretty nice location. And I agree, Intro to Sports Cars was a very good value.

Quick update RE Lotus of Dallas -- got a hold of Tony who is my salesperson, and he said that the only fee required is the dealer prep fee of $1600, which includes a full paint prep before delivery. To me that's reasonable alongside all the other things they do. Pricey for just a paint prep but no other required fees. Ceramic/PPF is optional.

Quick update RE Lotus of Dallas -- got a hold of Tony who is my salesperson, and he said that the only fee required is the dealer prep fee of $1600, which includes a full paint prep before delivery. To me that's reasonable alongside all the other things they do. Pricey for just a paint prep but no other required fees. Ceramic/PPF is optional.
$1,600 for paint prep on a brand new car?

The PDI should be free.

Interesting, my dealer told me they were doing some type of basic paint prep at the port before delivery to the dealers.

$1,600 for paint prep on a brand new car?

The PDI should be free.
Paint prep on a new car is pretty normal since there's orange peel even with the best of finishes. Ferraris, Lambos, etc all tend to have it. Ironically the BMWs and Mercedes who are better at larger scale manufacturing tend not to. Go figure.

Paint prep on a new car is pretty normal since there's orange peel even with the best of finishes. Ferraris, Lambos, etc all tend to have it. Ironically the BMWs and Mercedes who are better at larger scale manufacturing tend not to. Go figure.
I understand that, but that’s usually something the owner decides to do, not something that’s mandatory for pre delivery.

Sounds awesome!

Tour was awesome... wasn't available to do a track day when I went. Stayed in London and took train right to Norwich and then a cab to Hethel.

What most dealers are calling "detailing" I would never allow those shlubs to paint correct anything.
You really need to know what you're doing to properly remove orange peel and prep for PPF.

Mine's going straight to the guys at Museo Detailing and Modern Elix. They are the best in the biz around our area.

No proper detailer should remove orange peel. You just want to remove swirls and minor scratches.

Just drove my Seneca blue Emira home. White interior, yellow calipers, black wheels.
1000031051.jpg

What most dealers are calling "detailing" I would never allow those shlubs to paint correct anything.
You really need to know what you're doing to properly remove orange peel and prep for PPF.

Mine's going straight to the guys at Museo Detailing and Modern Elix. They are the best in the biz around our area.
Yeah there’s a serious lack of understanding in this forum between detailing and paint correction.

To be perfectly honest most ppf installers aren’t going to be correcting orange peel on a standard job either. Removing orange peel is a serious commitment which most people aren’t willing to risk or pay for.

Huh? You definitely want orange peel removed. Especially before ppf.
A topic for another thread… but the point I was trying to make is that polishing down orange peel, scratches and even swirl marks makes the clear coat thinner and thinner, until it is eventually gone. Removing orange peel would likely remove most of the clear coat.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back