USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I've compiled all of the VINs I could find for the US and Canadian Emira shipments. What's missing is that I could only find 99 of the 150 VINs for the first shipment dated 12/1/2023. So this list is incomplete. This list will be updated as new shipments arrive.

My car is 12206 which arrived on May 26th in Baltimore. Do you have information on how long it would take from Baltimore to Canada or transport company tracker?

My car is 12206 which arrived on May 26th in Baltimore. Do you have information on how long it would take from Baltimore to Canada or transport company tracker?
Are you with Gentry?

Mine arrived in Baltimore on May 13 and arrived at the dealership on June 1. They got 12 cars on the May 13 boat - 6 arrived on May 29 and the other 6 on June 1. Their previous deliveries came 2 weeks to the day. You should expect it to be there in 2-3 weeks. If you are getting a plate mount or PPF done at the dealer you may want to secure your place in line for when it arrives. Congrats!!!

I’m heading there now to complete my delivery :).

Are you with Gentry?

Mine arrived in Baltimore on May 13 and arrived at the dealership on June 1. They got 12 cars on the May 13 boat - 6 arrived on May 29 and the other 6 on June 1. Their previous deliveries came 2 weeks to the day. You should expect it to be there in 2-3 weeks. If you are getting a plate mount or PPF done at the dealer you may want to secure your place in line for when it arrives. Congrats!!!

I'm with Oakville. They are supposed to receive 6 cars today on transport. Unfortunately, mine is not on this truck.

Just curious, does anyone know what number they're at on the dealership list with a deposit. Seems like a few dealers I talked with were hard pressed to disclose.

Once they arrive at port, it's anyone's guess how quickly they will show up at dealers. We don't have that information, unfortunately. It's up to the port operations what order they get those cars ready and transported out.

Just curious, does anyone know what number they're at on the dealership list with a deposit. Seems like a few dealers I talked with were hard pressed to disclose.
My dealership let me know I'm seventh in line. I don't know why they can't disclose the information?

Once they arrive at port, it's anyone's guess how quickly they will show up at dealers. We don't have that information, unfortunately. It's up to the port operations what order they get those cars ready and transported out.
My dealer was told my cars status is "on the water" even after it was unloaded at Baltimore.

I ordered an automatic because I wanted one. There’s a reason performance automakers like McLaren and Lamborghini have ditched the 3 pedal. You can have that engine out clutch service. It’s not like it’s cheaper to maintain, quicker, more efficient, more room in the footwell, more time to enjoy the drive in 💩 traffic, etc…..
At that point why not just go EV though? All the points you mentioned are the same when comparing an EV to an auto. To me, if I want an engaging enthusiast car it will always be manual. If I want faster, simpler to maintain, more efficient, cheaper, more comfort, effortless drive, then it will always be EV. Getting an auto is the worst of both worlds IMO. That's why I have an Emira for fun and a much faster and more practical EV for commuting.

Finally here!! Now the wait for PPF. :cry: Picked up from Eurocar yesterday. Managed to get 39 miles on the odo and a bit of dust before dropping it off for full body PPF and wheels off ceramic this morning. Gone now until next Thursday or Friday. No issues so far, except the triangle light with the exclamation point lit up on the way in to the PPF shop this morning, then went out when I parked it and rolled the windows up. Oh boy!. And it's definitely going to be challenging to keep it under 4000 rpm but I'm doing my best! 1st gear is especially tempting. And will take some getting use to people pacing me to get a look at the car (I speed up, they speed up, I slow down they do the same). Also had two teenagers on an ebike scream out "Lotus Emira!" as a passed by so that was interesting. Looking forward to putting in those break in miles and especially what lies beyond!

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    272 KB · Views: 51
Finally here!! Now the wait for PPF. :cry: Picked up from Eurocar yesterday. Managed to get 39 miles on the odo and a bit of dust before dropping it off for full body PPF and wheels off ceramic this morning. Gone now until next Thursday or Friday. No issues so far, except the triangle light with the exclamation point lit up on the way in to the PPF shop this morning, then went out when I parked it and rolled the windows up. Oh boy!. And it's definitely going to be challenging to keep it under 4000 rpm but I'm doing my best! 1st gear is especially tempting. And will take some getting use to people pacing me to get a look at the car (I speed up, they speed up, I slow down they do the same). Also had two teenagers on an ebike scream out "Lotus Emira!" as a passed by so that was interesting. Looking forward to putting in those break in miles and especially what lies beyond!
Congrats brother! Great to see you at the dealer yesterday...

At that point why not just go EV though? All the points you mentioned are the same when comparing an EV to an auto. To me, if I want an engaging enthusiast car it will always be manual. If I want faster, simpler to maintain, more efficient, cheaper, more comfort, effortless drive, then it will always be EV. Getting an auto is the worst of both worlds IMO. That's why I have an Emira for fun and a much faster and more practical EV for commuting.
All personal opinion.
But I think the auto is the best of both worlds. Daily driver use auto mode. Week end sports car use manual mode. As that's how I completely enjoy my Sports cars. Another personal opinion, if you gave me a free EV I wouldn't drive it. Lol.

Last edited:
My dealer was told my cars status is "on the water" even after it was unloaded at Baltimore.

LOL. Yea it seems *some* dealers are able to have better information than others. Not perfect, but better. My dealer (Lotus of NJ) seems to have done an admirable job. What accounts for the differences may be either 1) Lotus USA is communicating things but other dealers are not paying attention to them, or 2) Lotus USA is not communicating things but on-the-ball dealers like mine reach out to their contacts more frequently and so they get better information sooner.

Regardless, one would have hopped for some type of "tracking system" where the status of each VIN is updated when it changes. I understand it can be quite complicated to implement and involve some manual data entry, but it would almost certainly improve customer experience.

Are you with Gentry?

I'm getting anxious reading all these posts. My car was on the May 13th shipment as well but has not gotten to my dealer yet (Orlando).

Are you with Gentry?

Can you let me know what number you were on the list? Or PM me. Thanks just curious how close they are to me.

I don't understand why some of you feel it is so necessary to gatekeep those who ordered autos. People who ordered autos aren't trying to tell the manual owners they made a bad choice; they are just saying it isn't for them for whatever personal reasons they have. Let it go and let them enjoy their choice in car.

I don't understand why some of you feel it is so necessary to gatekeep those who ordered autos. People who ordered autos aren't trying to tell the manual owners they made a bad choice; they are just saying it isn't for them for whatever personal reasons they have. Let it go and let them enjoy their choice in car.
Well said.
Don't worry about what your neighbor is buying, chances are they could care less what your buying.

Hey fair enough, their money not mine! Just don't try to tell me it's better and I won't tell you why it's not (which is what started this whole thing). Both sides are equally entitled to their opinions.

Hey fair enough, their money not mine! Just don't try to tell me it's better and I won't tell you why it's not (which is what started this whole thing). Both sides are equally entitled to their opinions.
But my opinion is better, natch.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back