• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

So looks like my car just arrived in Baltimore on 6/3 per Nova's list (thank you!!!!). Is it roughly a month till delivery from here? Super excited to finally get the car! I ordered thru Gator
It's still anybody's guess as far as I can tell. When I was there 10 days ago, they had quite a few Emiras they were working to deliver to customers, but I haven't been able to piece together enough information from Gator or any other dealer to make an educated guess. I've heard they had 90 allocations and Tony told me they'd delivered around 30. But someone else heard that same number several weeks earlier. If you think of it, please share updates as you get information and hopefully you'll have your Emira soon!

Oh, there's also a separate Gator thread if you're interested. https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/the-gator-thread.4451/

Officially joined the Delivery Thread today. Gave my local Lotus dealer the $2500 deposit. They had a Yellow, Blue and Nimbus Gray Emira they just got in. All had a home waiting for delivery. If I had any doubts about Nimbus Gray, they quickly went away after seeing it in person.

Officially joined the Delivery Thread today. Gave my local Lotus dealer the $2500 deposit. They had a Yellow, Blue and Nimbus Gray Emira they just got in. All had a home waiting for delivery. If I had any doubts about Nimbus Gray, they quickly went away after seeing it in person.
My guess is you saw mine in person? Haha I stopped by the showroom briefly this afternoon but didn’t see it, I imagine they are holding them somewhere else? Nimbus grey in person is gorgeous and the photos don’t do it justice. I may be picking up Saturday but not sure

My guess is you saw mine in person? Haha I stopped by the showroom briefly this afternoon but didn’t see it, I imagine they are holding them somewhere else? Nimbus grey in person is gorgeous and the photos don’t do it justice. I may be picking up Saturday but not sure
Must of been yours, as it was the only Nimbus Gray there. Gorgeous car, congratulations. The salesmen knew I was interested in Nimbus Gray, so he took me were they had 5 Emira's stashed. Your correct, photos don't do the color justice. Excited to get my deposit in. He said production was ramping up and some folks dropped out. Best guess towards the end of the year for delivery. How long did you have to wait after your deposit ?

Must of been yours, as it was the only Nimbus Gray there. Gorgeous car, congratulations. The salesmen knew I was interested in Nimbus Gray, so he took me were they had 5 Emira's stashed. You’re correct, photos don't do the color justice. Excited to get my deposit in. He said production was ramping up and some folks dropped out. Best guess towards the end of the year for delivery. How long did you have to wait after your deposit ?
Yeah it should look like the photo I posted earlier. I think I waited roughly 2 years, so it has been a minute! I’m hoping they get the pre delivery inspection completed asap!

Yeah it should look like the photo I posted earlier. I think I waited roughly 2 years, so it has been a minute! I’m hoping they get the pre delivery inspection completed asap!
Here's a few pics I took today. Your car sold me on the color. Thanks
20240605_143319.jpg

20240605_143310.jpg

20240605_143456.jpg

Attachments

• 20240605_143456.jpg
    20240605_143456.jpg
    603 KB · Views: 18
Tomorrow will mark two months since my car arrived stateside, but still no call from the dealership. A little over two weeks ago I noticed my VIN was appearing on the website so I checked in with the dealership to see if I should prepare my financing and insurance, and they told me the online inventory doesn't mean the car is actually in stock like it says, and that the car hadn't been delivered to the dealership. The car was since removed from the dealership's online inventory.

Needless to say, I'm immensely jealous of you guys getting your cars already. I'm starting to see some around on the road already.

Last edited:
Tomorrow will mark two months since my car arrived stateside, but still no call from the dealership. A little over two weeks ago I noteiced my VIN was appearing on the website so I checked in with the dealership to see if I should prepare my financing and insurance, and they told me the online inventory doesn't mean the car is actually in stock like it says, and that the car hadn't been delivered to the dealership. The car was since removed from the dealership's online inventory.

Needless to say, I'm immensely jealous of you guys getting your cars already. I'm starting to see some around on the road already.
Welcome to the agonizing Twilight Zone of "almost there". This will soon be replaced by the elation of ownership! (y) :giggle:

Hi, I know some Emira owners have issue with brake disc (missing chunk of brake pad) associated with cars sitting long before delivery. (Car arrived at Baltimore 3/29, took delivery 5/25).

Can you guys take a look at my photo and confirm if this is what it looks like. This is on my left-front brake disc but not on any other 3 brake discs.

TIA.View attachment 45064
Update:
Dealer is replacing brake pads for both front wheels for even wear (150 miles on the car.)

Must of been yours, as it was the only Nimbus Gray there. Gorgeous car, congratulations. The salesmen knew I was interested in Nimbus Gray, so he took me were they had 5 Emira's stashed. Your correct, photos don't do the color justice. Excited to get my deposit in. He said production was ramping up and some folks dropped out. Best guess towards the end of the year for delivery. How long did you have to wait after your deposit ?
2years still waiting..

no way your getting it end of year.

2years still waiting..

First time poster here!
Also waiting for more than two months on a car that’s been stateside (3/29 boat.)
Wondering how many 3/29 boat Emiras are still sitting at the port?

2years still waiting..

I figured it sounded to good to be true. I do believe the wait times should get better, as production has fully ramped up and folks are actually taking delivery.
Which configuration did you order, V6 manual, V6 Auto or I4 Auto ?

Hey @Nova one of the most frequent questions I get is how many Emiras there are in the country. I know it's not the same as customer deliveries, but I was wondering if you had a running total of the car VINs shipped to NA.
Yea, the total number of cars is in my tracking sheet. I am missing 51 cars from the total because I can only see a limited number of vins from the very first shipment.

V6 manual no question
No Manual = No Thanks. (Unless someone needs an auto for disability reasons) For the life of me I can't figure out why anyone who's interested in a LOTUS would opt for the V6 Auto? The i4 DCT I can "almost" understand...but still why would anyone do this with manual options available?

If someone wants an Auto, a Porsche with the PDK is a much better option

Last edited:
No Manual = No Thanks. (Unless someone needs an auto for disability reasons) For the life of me I can't figure out why anyone who's interested in a LOTUS would opt for the V6 Auto? The i4 DCT I can "almost" understand...but still why would anyone do this with an manual options available?

I’m going to get a lot of hate here, but there’s Porsches and corvettes on every corner here in Florida, I wanted something more special and rarer, my Emira will be my daily car. Hell I’m 19 and I don’t even have a car yet. I’ve driven nascar stock cars, Porsche manuals, and many more. I sent my Emira allocation over one and a half years ago, I just put an allocation on a 750s spider, and I’ll eventually get myself a SUV, so maybe I’ll regret it in 50 years or so. If I ordered an Emira now knowing I have another auto car otw, then maybe I would’ve went with the manual. Manuals are fun but I’m just one of a very few who doesn’t really care about manuals. Sorry if that hurts your feelings🥺. No regrets with my spec, I’ll be driving my Emira around the states with a smile on my face and blessed that I have this lifestyle😁

The mule is finally here and ready for pick up on Saturday.
73932708176__6707BCC1-FE2A-4146-AE78-933DBA237CA7.jpg

Attachments

• 73932708974__D9C4BA09-64CE-4C97-838D-26FAB313A127.jpg
    73932708974__D9C4BA09-64CE-4C97-838D-26FAB313A127.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 73932710649__5B7E05B7-001B-4886-B7EA-7F0C8B40F7FC.jpg
    73932710649__5B7E05B7-001B-4886-B7EA-7F0C8B40F7FC.jpg
    473.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 73932715964__04CBDEEE-A1D7-49E6-98FA-7AC5C9656C81.jpg
    73932715964__04CBDEEE-A1D7-49E6-98FA-7AC5C9656C81.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 54
No Manual = No Thanks. (Unless someone needs an auto for disability reasons) For the life of me I can't figure out why anyone who's interested in a LOTUS would opt for the V6 Auto? The i4 DCT I can "almost" understand...but still why would anyone do this with manual options available?

Different strokes for different folks and to each their own. I never Judge. I've had plenty on MT's over the years and they're were a joy to drive. But the automatic in sports cars have gotten so refined over the years that I feel they fit my driving needs better. I'll be ordering a V6 auto and I already own a PDK. Cheers.

20240511_081724.jpg

Last edited:

I ordered an automatic because I wanted one. There’s a reason performance automakers like McLaren and Lamborghini have ditched the 3 pedal. You can have that engine out clutch service. It’s not like it’s cheaper to maintain, quicker, more efficient, more room in the footwell, more time to enjoy the drive in 💩 traffic, etc…..