• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Just received notice today my I4 is on way to be shipped 🚢. Received pre-production VIN mid July. Expect to USA port by end of month and to arrive at dealership early October. Posted for people to see timeline. My VIN is 4000-4100 batch.
DigDug - I just received my VIN it's also in the 4000-4100 range.
Suspect our cars will be on the same ship, hopefully Nova's next shipping update will include our I4 VINs.
Let us know if you receive any more details (dealer indicated to expect car in about a month) which tracks with your early Oct est.

DigDug - I just received my VIN it's also in the 4000-4100 range.
Suspect our cars will be on the same ship, hopefully Nova's next shipping update will include our I4 VINs.
Let us know if you receive any more details (dealer indicated to expect car in about a month) which tracks with your early Oct est.
Yep, sounds like we will be on the same ship. I would guess the next shipment is the I4 or KM batch of Emiras. Let’s hope.

What month/year did you guys finalize your order with your dealership?
I really think dealerships do things a little differently among them. I had finalized my order Oct 2023. I received notice of a gift that was being sent 6-7 months ago, then received my VIN in mid July 2024. I knew it was going to be a wait. Actually, it has been very straight forward and painless. The wait was delayed, but other than that… all good. It’s all part of the experience. 😂. It’s worth it in my opinion.

I really think dealerships do things a little differently among them. I had finalized my order Oct 2023. I received notice of a gift that was being sent 6-7 months ago, then received my VIN in mid July 2024. I knew it was going to be a wait. Actually, it has been very straight forward and painless. The wait was delayed, but other than that… all good. It’s all part of the experience. 😂. It’s worth it in my opinion.
Hmm, odd. I finalized mine with my dealership the exact same time, but they gave me a VIN of about 4600 (just last week). Wouldn't surprise me that they held my order to be a PITA...we are not on the best of terms.

Love the car and so excited to get it, but SOO looking forward to never dealing with them again.

Hmm, odd. I finalized mine with my dealership the exact same time, but they gave me a VIN of about 4600 (just last week). Wouldn't surprise me that they held my order to be a PITA...we are not on the best of terms.

Love the car and so excited to get it, but SOO looking forward to never dealing with them again.
Well, as I said, experiences seem to vary with different dealerships. But I think we all will receive our orders Oct-December. The Lotus Evora was one of my absolute favorite cars to drive. When I finally got to test drive the Emira V6, it felt even better. Have to assume the I4 AMG with the 400hp and 354ft/lbs of torque is going to surprise me even more.

I just got an email to finalize my order for a base V6 from Galpin this weekend. While the configurator is up pricing is still in complete limbo with everything needing to be selected by options. I would like a fully optioned car but to be honest I don't care so much about the headliner, sport pedals, or luxury mats if the price is stupid on them. I was told by the sales guy that pricing will likely start at 99k now but who really knows where it will be after options. I have a feeling this is a response to the crazy Eletre pricing scaring off those orders from their books but again who knows. I'm going to text the sales guy today for more info.

I just got an email to finalize my order for a base V6 from Galpin this weekend. While the configurator is up pricing is still in complete limbo with everything needing to be selected by options. I would like a fully optioned car but to be honest I don't care so much about the headliner, sport pedals, or luxury mats if the price is stupid on them. I was told by the sales guy that pricing will likely start at 99k now but who really knows where it will be after options. I have a feeling this is a response to the crazy Eletre pricing scaring off those orders from their books but again who knows. I'm going to text the sales guy today for more info.
How can you configure a car without knowing the prices? That doesn’t make sense.

Very interesting that Galpin would be asking you to finalize an order for something they can’t tell you what iwill would cost you. Just the latest Lotus insult, or just over aggressive sales tactics? Are they giving you any build or delivery projections? Wondering if this has anything to do with the timing of the teased announcement (today or tomorrow depending on which one you believe) and wondering if Galpin has reason to believe base pricing will be released just after?

Yeah, I had been told by many that the base similarity equipped would cost more after the FE’s were completed. I also would bet that all FE’s will be MY2024. Lastly, i want to ask this question, which power plant actually costs Lotus more? The Super Charged Toyota V6 or the AMG I4 Turbo? Does anyone know what the engine costs if you had to replace either engine? Just curious 🧐

Yeah, I had been told by many that the base similarity equipped would cost more after the FE’s were completed. I also would bet that all FE’s will be MY2024. Lastly, i want to ask this question, which power plant actually costs Lotus more? The Super Charged Toyota V6 or the AMG I4 Turbo? Does anyone know what the engine costs if you had to replace either engine? Just curious 🧐
I imagine given their source the v6 is likely less expensive to source. Its generally lower tech and was produced in larger numbers although now Toyota is no longer using it so maybe its the same or more now.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back