• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I’m putting these on this weekend:
Hi Kitkat, I'd been considering the EBC Red as well. Would you please keep us updated on your experience with them? Won't be tracking the car and find the stock brakes more than adequate for my purposes but would love to cut down on the dust...

Forgive my ignorance, is there anything special with the Lotus brakes that makes pad install different than any other regular brakes?

Nothing particularly different at all. If you’ve ever done the brakes on say a BMW M caliper it will feel very familiar. Knock some pins out, remove the anti rattle spring, replace pads and reassemble opposite of disassembly.
Hi Kitkat, I'd been considering the EBC Red as well. Would you please keep us updated on your experience with them? Won't be tracking the car and find the stock brakes more than adequate for my purposes but would love to cut down on the dust...
Will do, I personally think the ds2500 stock pad is too dusty and grabby for street driving and they’re also completely inadequate for track time, one of those middle of the road compromise situations.

Nothing particularly different at all. If you’ve ever done the brakes on say a BMW M caliper it will feel very familiar. Knock some pins out, remove the anti rattle spring, replace pads and reassemble opposite of disassembly.
And put a small bit of anti-seize on the contact points of the pins (where they sit within the bores of the calipers) to make them really easy to tap out in the future. I bent a punch trying to get a pin out of a Brembo Audi Q5 caliper and had to cut the pin to get it out. Granted that car was driven in snow and salt, but it never hurts to make life easier on your future self.

The time has finally come if all goes to plan.. I'll be picking up my car this coming week and I have a 600+ mile drive back that I'll split up over 2-3 days.

Two questions:
1. Does anyone have the dimensions of the trunk? All I can seem to find is the volume, not the length, width, depth -- need to see what size carry-on I can take on the plane.

2. Is there a USB-A or USB-C charging connector in the cockpit?

low dust pads usually poorer preformance.
I'm okay with that, I only weekend drive/street drive my Emira and mine will never be tracked. I had Akebono pads on my Civic Type R and with my ceramic coated wheels, they virtually never needed washed. With only 1,100 miles on my Emira, and with my Emira wheels ceramic coated, I need to wash my wheels every 100-150 miles, otherwise they get terrible brake dust build up.

Welp guys. Took delivery and just got it back from full xpel ppf. I’m relieved that I probably will no longer be checking this thread 3 times a day like I have for the last 2 years. The car is beautiful and was worth the wait.

Attachments

• E34AD9C5-2B0D-4687-91CE-829517A69151.jpeg
    E34AD9C5-2B0D-4687-91CE-829517A69151.jpeg
    454.5 KB · Views: 152
  • 068ED3B9-3B76-4D7D-ACE0-9DB6E410C6A5.jpeg
    068ED3B9-3B76-4D7D-ACE0-9DB6E410C6A5.jpeg
    389.5 KB · Views: 158
  • ABBD821B-280B-44F8-855A-BEF77C846619.jpeg
    ABBD821B-280B-44F8-855A-BEF77C846619.jpeg
    355 KB · Views: 152
Welp guys. Took delivery and just got it back from full xpel ppf. I’m relieved that I probably will no longer be checking this thread 3 times a day like I have for the last 2 years. The car is beautiful and was worth the wait.

Congrats! Your garage looks nicer than the dealer's showroom. :cool:

What's the shifter and linkage below it made of?

My car, which was a 5/26 arrival into Baltimore, was listed by my dealer on Autotrader earlier today. This type of auto-listing is well documented on this site, so obviously zero worries of them trying to sell it to someone else LOL. My question though is do dealers typically enter inventory into the system before the actual arrival of the vehicle?

My white / black interior FE V6 arrived this week at Lotus of Western NY .
Deposit placed 2yrs ago. However, I have decided to go another route and will not purchase.
So if anyone is looking for a white /blk interior .....no markup
you can contact Matt...the owner of Lotus of Western NY at 716-863-2537
Also, I was told a newly arrived Verdant Green/ tan V6 FE was available as that purchaser now has medical problems and can not drive
Nothing in this for me at all.....just passing on the word if a Forum member is interested.

My car, which was a 5/26 arrival into Baltimore, was listed by my dealer on Autotrader earlier today. This type of auto-listing is well documented on this site, so obviously zero worries of them trying to sell it to someone else LOL. My question though is do dealers typically enter inventory into the system before the actual arrival of the vehicle?
Well turns out showing up on Autotrader does indeed mean it has physically arrived and has been checked into dealer inventory! I just got the call a few minutes ago, the car will be ready to pick up Tuesday!

Well turns out showing up on Autotrader does indeed mean it has physically arrived and has been checked into dealer inventory! I just got the call a few minutes ago, the car will be ready to pick up Tuesday!
Dealer shot me over pics, it's fantastic finally seeing the real deal instead of computer generated renderings. Fingers crossed that PDI goes smoothly!

Attachments

• IMG_20240615_151005.jpg
    IMG_20240615_151005.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_20240615_151008.jpg
    IMG_20240615_151008.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_20240615_151012.jpg
    IMG_20240615_151012.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 107
Picked up Wednesday… couldn’t be happier. Love everything about this build. Also, full ppf wrapped at the dealership and they did an excellent job.

Attachments

• IMG_2797.jpeg
    IMG_2797.jpeg
    398.8 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_2796.jpeg
    IMG_2796.jpeg
    341.1 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_2795.jpeg
    IMG_2795.jpeg
    361.3 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_2807.jpeg
    IMG_2807.jpeg
    567.7 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_2864.jpeg
    IMG_2864.jpeg
    238 KB · Views: 98
Picked up Wednesday… couldn’t be happier. Love everything about this build. Also, full ppf wrapped at the dealership and they did an excellent job.
almost my same spec and I also had Lotus NJ do the ppf. is the guy they are bringing in still doing STEK with bulk install (not precut)? Congrats on the car!

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back