• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

What did you do to your Emira today?

Had a blast at Exotic cars and coffee. Turnout was amazing. These photos aren't even 1/4 of it. The Emira was a smash hit!

1000021779.jpg
1000021770.jpg
1000021799.jpg

Last edited:
Changed the stock air filter with the GRP one. It was an easy install if.. the temps were not 48degrees c/118F and a humidity of almost 80%… which feels like a steam sauna.

Did not drive much since installed and had after approx 50kms a limp mode, stopped restarted and did not re-appeared after that. Finger crossed.

Still have to install the GRP 10mm spacers but holding it off since many are sceptical about it on the form.

Attachments

• IMG_4417.jpeg
    IMG_4417.jpeg
    319.2 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_4419.jpeg
    IMG_4419.jpeg
    327.6 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_4421.jpeg
    IMG_4421.jpeg
    318 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_4422.jpeg
    IMG_4422.jpeg
    219.7 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_4423.jpeg
    IMG_4423.jpeg
    302.6 KB · Views: 76
Had a blast at Exotic cars and coffee. Turnout was amazing. These photos aren't even 1/4 of it. The Emira was a smash hit!

Other sports cars may look more dramatic, but the Emira more than holds it's own when it comes to design. Sooooo many angular and angry sports cars on the road- the Emira is one of the very few oraganic and curvaceous designs.

The design of our Emiras will age much better than virtually all of the other cars it's parked amongst in your photos.

They let you use "#" symbols on your plates in NC? That's pretty sweet..
Yeah, NC is pretty flexible. They don't make a plate # unique, but you can add them for visual effect.
For example LOTUS 1 and LOTUS #1 are actually identical as far as the NC DMV is concerned

Took my Emira to a local cars and coffee meet this morning. Here it is with two very different mid engined sports cars. Now, which one wins the beauty contest :unsure: :)

20240728_104124[1].jpg

On previous cars, I had used the torque app for android and thought it did a great job of providing data that was not available via the screens in the car. For those that might not have used torque, it is an app that lets you see and then create custom gauges on your device to see data in real time through an OBD device that plugs into your car.

A while back I switched to the iOS platform and have been looking around for something that might take its place. I have a couple of bluetooth OBD readers lying around so thought I would give one a try with OBD fusion. I used the Veepeak OBD Bluetooth scanner and went all in for $9.99 to purchase the OBD fusion app. Thought it was worth the ten bucks to see if it would work. Sure enough, I plugged the Veepeak in and opened the app and it connected right away. Read the VIN and I was off and running. Was able to create some custom gauges on my phone and everything worked great.

This is where it gets better. Having the live data on your phone is good, but it is clunky to have a separate device. I read about OBD fusion and this year they added carplay support. I opened carplay and the OBD fusion app was there. I was able to create a list of data points I wanted to monitor. The only downside is that you cannot create custom gauges, it is just a readout of the data. It is still useful if you are trying to monitor any specific data points.

I took some screen shots of what the carplay display looks like. There are more data points that could be selected, I just chose a few. Figured I would share in case anyone out there is looking for a way to monitor live data while driving.
IMG_1978.jpeg
IMG_1979.jpeg
IMG_1981.jpeg

Found a matching size and color mat piece to protect the passenger side footwell.. I had to buy the entire set to use only one small piece (keeping the matching one as a spare), but not a problem since it's fairly inexpensive ($20). It doesn't require any type of sticking material since it's own rubberized and ribbed backing holds it firmly in place..
If interested here's a picture and the Amazon product description:

CAR PASS Waterproof Universal Fit Car Floor Mats, Faux Leather Car Carpet Mats, Black Car Mats with Anti-Slip Nibbs Backing & Driver Heel Pad Fit for SUV,Vans,sedans, Trucks,Set of 4pcs(All Black)​

Attachments

• tempImage58lZEm.png
    tempImage58lZEm.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 88
Last edited:

Attachments

• 20240803_084804.jpg
    20240803_084804.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 20240803_084622.jpg
    20240803_084622.jpg
    419.4 KB · Views: 49