What did you do to your Emira today?

Did a dyno today with my JUBU440 upgrade… impressive results! Have decat, air filter and valve controller.. here are the results!

Power is absolutely there with the JUBU upgrade, just a few teething problems which hopefully will be fixed remotely with the JUBU team.

Attachments

• IMG_6438.jpeg
    IMG_6438.jpeg
    409.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_6437.jpeg
    IMG_6437.jpeg
    305.9 KB · Views: 31
Damn. That's already a lot of parts already. The oil cooler broke too, got oil in the track. Plus you have to add labor. I'm thinking there must be chassis damage from either the front right control arms, or as indicated by a cracked windshield which cracked not because it was hit directly by anything - but there's a spot you can see something underneath the windshield caused it to crack.

I feel fine about it not that it's settled. I was having so much fun, was pushing myself and my limits, the car was handling great, and thankfully I didn't hit anyone and didn't get hit.

Turning right onto the straight away the back went out, I tried to counter steer to stop the spin, but didn't have enough distance and understeered into the guardrail on the front right side.
Sorry about this and I’m glad you’re ok

Did a dyno today with my JUBU440 upgrade… impressive results! Have decat, air filter and valve controller.. here are the results!

Power is absolutely there with the JUBU upgrade, just a few teething problems which hopefully will be fixed remotely with the JUBU team.
After comparing your dynos to mine, the big difference which is what you feel, is torque. At 2,500 rpm you have about 440nm and I have 284. We both have the same power to the rear wheels. Although they're showing much higher engine power, the power to the rear wheels is almost exactly the same as mine, with a max of about 389hp for you and 386 for me. If they're crank hp number is accurate, you're showing a drivetrain loss of almost 16%, while I'm showing 7.6%. I have no idea why there would be that much difference. The difference in torque is what's worth it though, which is what the Emira needs more than anything.

Where you'll be able to measure the real-world difference is in 0-60 times.

After comparing your dynos to mine, the big difference which is what you feel, is torque. At 2,500 rpm you have about 440nm and I have 284. We both have the same power to the rear wheels. Although they're showing much higher engine power, the power to the rear wheels is almost exactly the same as mine, with a max of about 389hp for you and 386 for me. If they're crank hp number is accurate, you're showing a drivetrain loss of almost 16%, while I'm showing 7.6%. I have no idea why there would be that much difference. The difference in torque is what's worth it though, which is what the Emira needs more than anything.

Where you'll be able to measure the real-world difference is in 0-60 times.
The torque is there.. and its great! 0-100(0-60) times is hard to measure as I don't have a good meter such as draggy… i use the OBD2 app for the 0-100 times and so far its very disappointing… I am around the 5.5sec as I have quite a bit wheel spin and use the track mode (according to JUBU thats where they have tuned all the performance in) so lots of spinning on the pull ups and also losing quite a bit of time in the upshift… so not sure how reliable my time is, but on the same time I doubt lotus claim 4.3sec on a stock emira… forget about that, not true

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back