• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

What did you do to your Emira today?

Today I loaded my Emira with golf clubs in the trunk. My remote push cart in the space behind the seats. And my bag with clothes etc. in the passenger seat. The Emira is 100% an everyday driver.
Did you need to take the driver out? 3 wood too? Anything else need to come out to fit it? What type of bag? I need this reassurance in my life! :)

The differing shades of Hethel Yellow and the yellow on the logo was an eyesore for me, so I finally went to the dark side (for the hood emblem and the wheel center caps). Worth it!

Now I’m just waiting for my Plastidip to arrive to change the chrome lettering on the rear bumper to black as well.

Attachments

• IMG_6320.jpeg
    IMG_6320.jpeg
    267.5 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_6321.jpeg
    IMG_6321.jpeg
    282.2 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_6317.jpeg
    IMG_6317.jpeg
    308.3 KB · Views: 68
The differing shades of Hethel Yellow and the yellow on the logo was an eyesore for me, so I finally went to the dark side (for the hood emblem and the wheel center caps). Worth it!

Now I’m just waiting for my Plastidip to arrive to change the chrome lettering on the rear bumper to black as well.
Looks awesome.

Something interesting happened tonight. I was driving around, just to put some miles on the car to get to the 1,000 mile mark when the exhaust suddenly got boomier, almost to the point of resonance in the cabin. It was so sudden and noticeable I looked down at the odometer and it was at 729.6 miles. The boominess is at 2,200-2,300 rpm This was in Tour mode too! The exhaust is definitely rowdier now. Anybody else notice something like this?
1500 miles on mine, revved it up to 6000 on a launch and definitely heard a new section of the symphony come alive. Seems to be opening up.

Do you have before and after lowering kit pics?
Here you can see the difference. First one is dropped (1 inch approx to keep it still able to drive over bumps) the other 2 pics are before. I know the pictures are not great with lightning and it doesnt look much drop but it absolutely is.. maybe could have goon another 0.5 inch but dont know if that would be comfortable. I will also add spacers as I feel thats needed now its dropped a bit

Attachments

• IMG_3716.jpeg
    IMG_3716.jpeg
    337.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 3401F00D-7332-4A1F-AEAD-9DFE2C1D9B21.jpeg
    3401F00D-7332-4A1F-AEAD-9DFE2C1D9B21.jpeg
    276.1 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_3130.jpeg
    IMG_3130.jpeg
    268.3 KB · Views: 94
Looks really good!
How was the install? How low did you go, full 25mm?
Any plans for wheel spacers in the future?
Yes wheel spacers is a must after dropping. Lotus Service centre did it for me. Think they dropped it about 1.5/2cm ish to keep the ride quality. I feel no difference I have sport suspension and rides pretty much the same not much stiffer tbh. I just scraped the bottom once on a hump so its defo lower 😂

Yes wheel spacers is a must after dropping. Lotus Service centre did it for me. Think they dropped it about 1.5/2cm ish to keep the ride quality. I feel no difference I have sport suspension and rides pretty much the same not much stiffer tbh. I just scraped the bottom once on a hump so its defo lower 😂
Thanks for the info; that’s great to hear the ride hasn’t suffered.

What size/brand spacers are you considering?

Thanks for the info; that’s great to hear the ride hasn’t suffered.

What size/brand spacers are you considering?
Im gonna go for the GRP ones that are available. I have found GRP the best supplier so far for Emira mods.. i live in Dubai and keep ordering from the US as there is nothing else. More mods awaiting, im waiting for his straight cut tail pipes in brushed titanium and matte carbon, spacers, steering wheel in alcantara with matte carbon etc

Can anyone here help me figure out how much to lower my emira?

My order is on its way from GRP

1. GRP lowering kit
2. GRP spacers w/lug nut?
3. CT Carbon complete kit
4. GRP 3rd cat delete w/ valve control
5. Eventuri Intake

I live in Socal so road condition is horrible but I only planning on driving it 2-3 times a month( working in the restaurant industry is just too much time consuming ). I do not want to damage the front lip because I'm getting it PPFd and replacing it cost me too much, but I want that sharp look you get when it's lowered.

I know couple of the members already have lowered. Can someone recommend me some lowering tips with carbon fiber kits installed?

Thanks

Powercoated the calipers and swapped the pads to EBC red stuff to reduce the brake dust (I wish it wasn’t actually so red but oh well). I think the stock yellow color is too light, almost like neon. This is more like Hethel which I prefer. Also swapping out the centers caps to black.
IMG_4815.jpeg

IMG_4799.jpeg

IMG_4794.jpeg

IMG_4804.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4805.jpeg
    IMG_4805.jpeg
    485.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
What color did you use? Looks a bit lighter than Seneca but close enough. What's it look like with the hatch closed?
It's just a rattle can of Rust-Oleum High Heat blue paint that I found at a hardware store. I'm hoping that it will get a little darker after I run the engine tomorrow, but with the little bit of glass tint it already matches fairly well.
PXL_20240620_190621642.JPG

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back