What did you do to your Emira today?

Just completed a first time trip to the tail of the dragon. 2k miles round trip from NJ and the car ran perfectly. Past the 5k mile mark already in the first 2 months of ownership, hot damn!!

Attachments

• IMG_3143.jpeg
    IMG_3143.jpeg
    628.2 KB · Views: 54
Just completed a first time trip to the tail of the dragon. 2k miles round trip from NJ and the car ran perfectly. Past the 5k mile mark already in the first 2 months of ownership, hot damn!!
Where's the tree of shame? They dressed that up way to commercially since I was there last.

Nice! I put a 1000 miles on mine in a jiffy. I basically find any reason to visit one of the local driving roads 😎.

Carry on!

I opened the hood/bonnet for the first time by removing two bolts.

Yes, for those paying attention, there should be three. So I've had my first Lotus moment of "hey, there should be something there..."

The metal angle common to the missing bolt has green marker on it, so my assumption was that it was installed and torqued and marked at Hethel. So that means my dealer or ppf-installer was officially the first party to "add lightness" to my car. The missing bolt was in the middle location and I've not noticed any hood flex at all up to about 90mph, so no impact that I can tell so far.

800+ miles in and the car has been so great to drive. But, time to call my dealer and ask for a bolt...

They're a bit pricey.
BUT, they are metal not plastic.
And they are a bit longer so they thread in easier.
View attachment 44772

@LuckysDad
@GRP

Am I missing something? My wife’s mats don’t have plastic black buttons that look like these aluminum ones that I purchased from @GRP.
There’s an anchor nipple on the floor of the car, with a ring on the carpet that the nipple goes in.

IMG_7244.jpeg

IMG_7245.jpeg

I can pop the ring on the mat off and the aluminum buttons fit, but that nipple on the cars floor does not want to come out, and I don’t want to break anything.

IMG_7246.jpeg

Lotus must have changed the design. Mine has a hole where the buttons thread in. Threads are plastic and easily damaged, that’s prob why they switched to pins. Do the pins screw out?

Last edited:
I opened the hood/bonnet for the first time by removing two bolts.

Yes, for those paying attention, there should be three. So I've had my first Lotus moment of "hey, there should be something there..."

The metal angle common to the missing bolt has green marker on it, so my assumption was that it was installed and torqued and marked at Hethel. So that means my dealer or ppf-installer was officially the first party to "add lightness" to my car. The missing bolt was in the middle location and I've not noticed any hood flex at all up to about 90mph, so no impact that I can tell so far.

800+ miles in and the car has been so great to drive. But, time to call my dealer and ask for a bolt...
There's a possibility that whoever removed it, may have accidentally dropped it when trying to reinstall it. It may be down on the body underpan somewhere. I've removed mine, and it's not easy to see or reach when reinstalling it.

Lotus must have changed the design. Mine has a hole where the buttons thread in. Threads are plastic and easily damaged, that’s prob why they switched to pins. Do the pins screw out?
They don’t appear to screw out. They just spin. I lifted the edge of the pin up with a trim tool and it looks like it’s attached to a metal washer underneath the floors carpet. The floor carpet lifts up when pulling on the pins, so the metal washer is what holds that pin in place.

Can someone take a pic of what the GRP buttons screw into? The design change makes these very expensive aluminum buttons useless if I can’t figure out how to remove the pins… because of the design change there may not even be a place to screw them into if I do manage to remove the pins.

@GRP can I return these for a refund?

@LuckysDad
@GRP

Am I missing something? My wife’s mats don’t have plastic black buttons that look like these aluminum ones that I purchased from @GRP.
There’s an anchor nipple on the floor of the car, with a ring on the carpet that the nipple goes in.

View attachment 46857

View attachment 46858

I can pop the ring on the mat off and the aluminum buttons fit, but that nipple on the cars floor does not want to come out, and I don’t want to break anything.

View attachment 46861
Yeah, that's a totally different attachment setup than what I have on mine.

Yeah, that's a totally different attachment setup than what I have on mine.
1719680922612.gif

So, Greg isn’t going to be able to sell these for the Emira with newer roll offs from the production line 🤔

I’m going to email him on his website to see about a return/refund, and bring up that he should update his product listing so more people don’t end up ordering something incompatible.

Greg will take care of it, don’t worry. I am just now learning of this change, I’m sure he had no clue either.

Oh, he took care of it 19 minutes after I sent the email 🤣

Wow! Great customer service and response time.

… and no, we was not aware of the design change.