• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

What did you do to your Emira today?

You are correct. My perspective is that on full throttle above a certain RPM you will be wide open with or without the valve controller. The controller allows you to be full open from 0.
Wow, happy I could start that conversation when I was really just trying to show how much I liked my new gaiter....(LOL).

But, going to go to @GRP now and pick up the valve controller. Thanks for the conversation!

Mounted up my Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4s on my @Aerie winter wheels.
PXL_20240822_181336853.MP.jpg

Did back-to-back drives in the Elise and Emira and created this video of my first impressions of the Elise after driving the Emira exclusively for the past 3 months.

Drove with some awesome people last night to Don Julio’s restaurant. All exotic cars received free $60 vouchers on food and drinks.
IMG_6997.jpeg

Last edited:
Shakedown run. On day three I started having a loud vibration right behind me and on the left side. Sounds like panel vibration or something like that. It's pronounced around 1000-2500 rpm and mostly goes away above that.

Any ideas? It's not my vent. I don't see anything loose under the engine cover. The engine intake is firmly on.

Shakedown run. On day three I started having a loud vibration right behind me and on the left side. Sounds like panel vibration or something like that. It's pronounced around 1000-2500 rpm and mostly goes away above that.

Any ideas? It's not my vent. I don't see anything loose under the engine cover. The engine intake is firmly on.
Engine cover panels on that side loose? Something loose on the intake? Battery loose? Now the "ugh" one... something dropped down on that side and is rattling around on the underbody panel?

If you have to go under the car, check the underbody panel, the diffuser, (make sure that reinforcement bar that goes across it is snug), check the muffler brackets (actually before you do anything else, look to see if the muffler pipe has settled and is sitting on the exhaust tip). If you loosened the stabilizer bar, check to see if the clamp bracket on that side is tight.

Something came loose on that side, and since it looks like you took apart just about everything back there, it could be a fun time finding what came loose. Hopefully nothing broke.

I weighed my Emira to establish a baseline weight before adding go-fast bits. With a full tank of fuel, it weighed 3,267 lbs. I thought it was interesting to see the corner weights.

IMG_1252.jpeg

Here's how the corner weights change with me in the car. I weigh right about 177 lbs.

IMG_1248.jpeg

Not today but this weekend:
Took it on a break in run with my best friend. 650 miles back and forth across the front range in Colorado.

Arriving at Glen Eyrie Castle at 1 am
PXL_20240824_171351619.jpg

Then Pikes Peak the next morning.
PXL_20240824_152201026.jpg

After a local Lotus meetup we took some breathtaking roads to Estes Park and to The Stanley Hotel (inspiration for The Shining)
PXL_20240825_005835616.MP.jpg

Made some friends and got invited to a wedding.
Picsart_24-08-25_12-01-50-587.jpg

Had the best steak I've ever eaten (Waygu tomahawk)
PXL_20240825_032145362.jpg

And then tonight I installed the CTEK "comfort indicator" on my battery cover. Very low power draw, I always know the state of my battery and if I need to charge it.
PXL_20240826_034604997_exported_3082.jpg

Not today but this weekend:
Took it on a break in run with my best friend. 650 miles back and forth across the front range in Colorado.

Arriving at Glen Eyrie Castle at 1 amView attachment 50479

Then Pikes Peak the next morning.
View attachment 50478

After a local Lotus meetup we took some breathtaking roads to Estes Park and to The Stanley Hotel (inspiration for The Shining)
View attachment 50476

Made some friends and got invited to a wedding.
View attachment 50480

Had the best steak I've ever eaten (Waygu tomahawk)
View attachment 50481

And then tonight I installed the CTEK "comfort indicator" on my battery cover. Very low power draw, I always know the state of my battery and if I need to charge it.
View attachment 50477
Wow, quite the excursion.
The Pikes Peak run is worth it's own storyline. How did the Emira handle the ride up, and braking during the descent? Any issues with the altitude and the supercharger? Ready for an air and oil filter change?

@EspritGuy the car handled it like a champ. O have less than 700 miles on it so no oil chance yet.

The brake dust is ridiculous.

@EspritGuy the weather was terrific for the climb. Super sunny, cool morning. We got there just after they opened, but also everyone pulled over to let us by at our place. Arriving at the last five hundred feet there were just a few clouds starting to blow in which really accentuated how high were were. Got to drive into one about two corners from the lot. After parking though the clouds moved in and stayed for about forty minutes until we were getting ready to leave.

The brake dust is absurd — no qualms going to EBC reds here even if mine happen to have a little bit of noise.
Based on your and others’ posts, have ordered reds. Silver calipers, think the red accent peeking from behind will be kinda cool.

The brake dust is absurd — no qualms going to EBC reds here even if mine happen to have a little bit of noise.
I'm unwilling to deal with noisy brakes. I'm getting the wheels ceramic coated next week and hopefully that helps. I'll keep checking these threads looking for a better solution.

I'm unwilling to deal with noisy brakes. I'm getting the wheels ceramic coated next week and hopefully that helps. I'll keep checking these threads looking for a better solution.
Great. Do you still think removing the reservoir cap and using a thick screwdriver will accomplish a successful “barely fit” per your earlier post, or no? (This is directed to KitKat)

Unfortunately, ceramic coating doesn’t make much of a difference. Just makes it slightly easier to clean.