• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

What did you do to your Emira today?

Picked up my car from my dealer after getting the below done:
- Aerie Ti exhaust v2, y-pipe, 3rd cat delete, short shifter
- Eventuri intake
- Transmission mount inserts
- Sparco pedals
- Miltek valve controller
- Break in service with liqui-moly oil and magnetic drain plug

Had so much fun poking the throttle in a higher gear to hear the intake, and then revving it out to hear the exhaust

View attachment 51876

View attachment 51877

View attachment 51878

View attachment 51879
If your engine surround was matte I'd have thought that was mine. Lovely.

Took my car to Vail for a concert. The aspens are all changing 🤩
1000027327.jpg

Spent a bit of time yesterday installing EBC Red Stuff brake pads. Big thanks to @kitkat for sharing his experience changing out the pads.

Took my time and removed the reservoir cap to ensure I could fully retract the calipers to fit the new brake pads in. The rear pads were very easy, they slid right in, even with the EBC anti-squeal backing pads.

The front were much more difficult. Even though I spent some time pushing the calipers all the way back in, it was a very tight fit. I was able to get them on, with the anti-squeal backing plates. They were very tight and when initially installed the rotor would barely budge. Prior to putting the wheels back on, I put the brake fluid reservoir back on and pumped the brake pedal a couple of times and I could then move the rotors just using my hands.

All in all, seem to stop very well and after one slightly hard stop, no squealing.

Side note, the oem front pads were Brembo and the rear pads were AP Racing. I looked but not sure if that had been reported yet.

Spent a bit of time yesterday installing EBC Red Stuff brake pads. Big thanks to @kitkat for sharing his experience changing out the pads.

Took my time and removed the reservoir cap to ensure I could fully retract the calipers to fit the new brake pads in. The rear pads were very easy, they slid right in, even with the EBC anti-squeal backing pads.

The front were much more difficult. Even though I spent some time pushing the calipers all the way back in, it was a very tight fit. I was able to get them on, with the anti-squeal backing plates. They were very tight and when initially installed the rotor would barely budge. Prior to putting the wheels back on, I put the brake fluid reservoir back on and pumped the brake pedal a couple of times and I could then move the rotors just using my hands.

All in all, seem to stop very well and after one slightly hard stop, no squealing.

Side note, the oem front pads were Brembo and the rear pads were AP Racing. I looked but not sure if that had been reported yet.
Thanks for posting this! I have a set of EBC Red Stuff pads on the shelf that I plan to install after I burn up the factory pads at the track this coming weekend.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back