• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

What did you do to your Emira today?

Me and @silent cilantro waiting to unleash the beasts! 😎

IMG_1473.jpeg

I was planning on taking my Emira to my weekly soccer game but check engine light is on.. it was fine for about a 3 weeks now after eventuri Intake and 3rd cat delete. Does anyone know what could be the cause? Should I put it back to stock before I call the dealer?? Thanks in advance.

@Jincook get an odbii scanner or take it to AutoZone and get it scanned. Without that no knee can tell you what your CEL is about.

Swapped my F1 tyres to Cup 2. Also lowered my I4 Emira (without buying anything).

The I4 Emira is setup with the circlip on the shock absorber in the highest position, so you move it to the lowest (10mm difference on the shock body) and you have a small (but noticeable) drop. Didn’t do a before measurement, but it’s noticeable.

My car is a China I4 Emira, other markets may, or may not be setup like this. Together with the 12mm spacers and the small drop, the car definitely sits nicer than it did.

Attachments

• 23b5b67c891f5f0ce8a947f70a212f40.jpeg
    23b5b67c891f5f0ce8a947f70a212f40.jpeg
    202.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8142.jpeg
    IMG_8142.jpeg
    245 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_8141.jpeg
    IMG_8141.jpeg
    283.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_8140.jpeg
    IMG_8140.jpeg
    259.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_8139.jpeg
    IMG_8139.jpeg
    313.1 KB · Views: 22
Swapped my F1 tyres to Cup 2. Also lowered my I4 Emira (without buying anything).

The I4 Emira is setup with the circlip on the shock absorber in the highest position, so you move it to the lowest (10mm difference on the shock body) and you have a small (but noticeable) drop. Didn’t do a before measurement, but it’s noticeable.

My car is a China I4 Emira, other markets may, or may not be setup like this. Together with the 12mm spacers and the small drop, the car definitely sits nicer than it did.
Interesting... makes me wonder if all the early hoo-haa and confusion around stock ride heights was partly caused by variations in the installation of that circlip.

Regardless, lookin' good 😎

Interesting... makes me wonder if all the early hoo-haa and confusion around stock ride heights was partly caused by variations in the installation of that circlip.

Regardless, lookin' good 😎
So far as I understand the sport I4 can do this trick on the suspension, but the Sport V6 isn’t setup in the highest position on both shocks. I’d guess each model has its particular shock setting, but who knows….

After a recent track day, I came to realise what a great setup the existing suspension is. I’m happy to keep that, get it a little lower (on the cheap) and not compromise anything really. Was just about to get the GRP kit, but I think I may stick with this, at least for now.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back