What did you do to your Emira today?

First time taking it out after GRP lowering sleeves and 12mm spacers installed. Before the height difference made the Emira slightly less supercar looking next to the others at exotic meets. Now that’s gone, the height and gap is the same or even less.
View attachment 53869View attachment 53870
The difference you refer to versus other supercars is the acquisition and maintenance costs.

Gave my Emira a Champagne gold badge to match her @Aerie wheels.
C4F4EF59-B2CA-4BB6-8BE6-E044DD2D809A.jpeg

659993A2-15EB-44B8-B379-B60C39FC265B.jpeg

I did this back in July of this year. Since the Lotus badge was being removed for PPF, I took the opportunity to make this modification to give it more contrast. I feel black pack lettering is too subtle on Magma Red. A chrome badge is definitely not for my spec.

Starting with a black OEM badge ordered from Bell and Colvill, I removed the letters from the paper release liner and hand cut the silhouette of each letter’s double sided adhesive tape out of the liner using an X-Acto knife. I then re-applied the release liner cutouts to the adhesive tape on each letter. I roughened up the surfaces of each letter with some fine sandpaper and glued the bottom of the release liners to disposable chopsticks. I then spray painted three coats of Car-Rep 2K Epoxy Grey Primer.
384954D3-ED21-4EAC-87ED-986DBED25739.jpeg

For the gold top coat, I used a Champagne gold modeling spray paint made by Tamiya that has a beautiful satin hue and fine sparkle. None of the big spray paint brands sell a gold that even comes close to Tamiya’s Champagne gold. I sprayed the letters to give them a matte textured finish as if from blasting with fine glass media. This would help bestow the paint with more depth after the glossy clear coat is added.
65664859-FDCD-49D5-8E58-6C0B12A19E11.jpeg

After three coats of Car-Rep 2K Polyurethane High Gloss Clear Coat to give the letters a smooth glossy finish, I let the paint fully cure for two weeks while PPF was being installed. Badge installation was straight forward with centering measurements and the plastic template.
E7F054E5-3130-49F7-B20B-5B394104E8F9.jpeg

31103F3B-EBBD-4E02-A6D2-B4D3B2B269A7.jpeg

2E3D48BD-69E3-4380-8B15-9624E663C50C.jpeg

Last edited:
Gave my Emira a Champagne gold badge to match her @Aerie wheels.
View attachment 53875
View attachment 53896

I did this back in July of this year. Since the Lotus badge was being removed for PPF, I took the opportunity to make this modification to give it more contrast. I feel black pack lettering is too subtle on Magma Red. A chrome badge is definitely not for my spec.

Starting with a black OEM badge ordered from Bell and Colvill, I removed the letters from the paper release liner and hand cut the silhouette of each letter’s double sided adhesive tape out of the liner using an X-Acto knife. I then re-applied the release liner cutouts to the adhesive tape on each letter. I roughened up the surfaces of each letter with some fine sandpaper and glued the bottom of the release liners to disposable chopsticks. I then spray painted three coats of Car-Rep 2K Epoxy Grey Primer.
View attachment 53879

For the gold top coat, I used a Champagne gold modeling spray paint made by Tamiya that has a beautiful satin hue and fine sparkle. None of the big spray paint brands sell a gold that even comes close to Tamiya’s Champagne gold. I sprayed the letters to give them a matte textured finish as if from blasting with fine glass media. This would help bestow the paint with more depth after the glossy clear coat is added.
View attachment 53880

After three coats of Car-Rep 2K Polyurethane High Gloss Clear Coat to give the letters a smooth glossy finish, I let the paint fully cure for two weeks while PPF was being installed. Badge installation was straight forward with centering measurements and the plastic template.
View attachment 53881
View attachment 53894
View attachment 53895
Looks great. Where do you get that plastic template?

Great effort for a great matching result. Your directions may help others wanting to change their letter color but I suspect your Emira may be fairly unique since few others will be up to the challenge of doing all that meticulous work. Congrats!

Went for a 300miles drive, far too much traffic to enjoy it properly
Tried sport mode for the first time, damn its addictive

Test fit battery charger for the winter, 6 foot extension cable, lets you keep the charger off the car. Seems to work well when on the top of the lift.

Attachments

• tempImage1WqnZR.png
    tempImage1WqnZR.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 21
  • tempImageN3MmbL.png
    tempImageN3MmbL.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 21
  • tempImageV4oZ7e.png
    tempImageV4oZ7e.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 22
  • tempImage3ERgkB.png
    tempImage3ERgkB.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 21
  • tempImageYHEGlA.png
    tempImageYHEGlA.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 22
Great effort for a great matching result. Your directions may help others wanting to change their letter color but I suspect your Emira may be fairly unique since few others will be up to the challenge of doing all that meticulous work. Congrats!
Thank you. It does require an extra effort to get it done right. I hope the information I’ve provided proves useful for those who do attempt their own badge mod.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back