Wiper speed issue

I have only encountered rain today and have the wiper speed issue. I thought I was replicating it by bumping down into "single wipe" then trying to go to full speed once rain picked up. But probably was because i was in the auto setting.

Anyway, has anyone outside of UK got the recall letter for wiper issue? I'm in Australia (had an update only last Fri 11 August 2023), but wiper issue was noticed today - so no motor changed.

It's really f**king annoying not to not be able to read what ver. of software its updated to (side whinge haha)

I have only encountered rain today and have the wiper speed issue. I thought I was replicating it by bumping down into "single wipe" then trying to go to full speed once rain picked up. But probably was because i was in the auto setting.

Anyway, has anyone outside of UK got the recall letter for wiper issue? I'm in Australia (had an update only last Fri 11 August 2023), but wiper issue was noticed today - so no motor changed.

It's really f**king annoying not to not be able to read what ver. of software its updated to (side whinge haha)
From Germany and didn’t receive a single letter for anything from Lotus yet.
Version’s can only be read from Lotus Insight tool (Mechanics only).
Changelog…? Probably not even available internally 😂

Has anyone had their wiper motor replaced and if so what is involved ie how much of the car needs to be taken apart to get to it.
Mine works fine but my dealer wants to change it as a recall issue,bit worried about the outcome,broken clips and missing screws etc,I'm in New Zealand so don't have the luxury of taking back to Hethel.

Last edited:
I had my 3 recall items fixed a couple of weeks ago by Caffyns Lotus in Ashford (UK). This included A-Pillar tethers, new wiper motor and seatbelts replaced. All done in a day and excellent service all round and car was looked after very well!

I am not sure what was involved in each process but no noticeable issues following the work undertaken by great technicians.

I had my 3 recall items fixed a couple of weeks ago by Caffyns Lotus in Ashford (UK). This included A-Pillar tethers, new wiper motor and seatbelts replaced. All done in a day and excellent service all round and car was looked after very well!

I am not sure what was involved in each process but no noticeable issues following the work undertaken by great technicians.
I had my A pillar tether replaced recently and they broke all the clips holding the alcantara cover in place.

I had the exact same recalls all fixed by Caffyn's Lotus in Ashford, UK. They were finished in under 3 hours - first rate service! No further issues since.

I had seat belt recall changed by the dealer (Nothing wrong with my seatbelts before). Some wiring wasn’t clipped back in underneath the seat, missing clip, seatbelt cover came off and seat base trim towards the back wasn’t clipped in properly resulting in some minor rattling. I fixed them all myself, couldn’t be bothered with the dealer anymore.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back