Yellow Emira on display in China

And of course the V6 FE was discounted by the amount ADAS costs šŸ˜‡
Thatā€™s actually an interesting point. When the window sticker is printed for first addition cars, how will standard and optional equipment be displayed? And if what will be options on own spec cars be listed as standard/included, how will we know the cost of options? And if we donā€™t know the cost of options, how can we know if the absence of ADAS has been accounted for in FE cars when initially we anticipated, and it was implied that it would be there? There has been mention that FE are packaged with many options that if purchased separately would cost thousands more, thus suggesting first adopters are being rewarded. But honestly I donā€™t remember seeing the prices for options other than those that are choices on first edition cars (man vs auto, alcantara, black pack, etc. ). Can someone remind me if cost for all options has been provided?

The itemised cost of options hasn't been published yet. I've been told the V6 FE price in the UK is a discount of about Ā£2,500-3,000 versus the equivalent Base + Options.

Remember the V6 FE pricing was announced at the same time as the associated specs, so both price and specs excluded ADAS.

The included FE options are listed on the Lotus website:
FE all.png

The itemised cost of options hasn't been published yet. I've been told the V6 FE price in the UK is a discount of about Ā£2,500-3,000 versus the equivalent Base + Options.

Remember the V6 FE pricing was announced at the same time as the associated specs, so both price and specs excluded ADAS.

The included FE options are listed on the Lotus website:
View attachment 2179
I wonder if Lotus are shooting themselves in the foot with all this cloak and dagger stuff. May get a lot of drop out on the FE versions when they do finally release pricing and spec breakdown. As well as future colour options

I wonder if Lotus are shooting themselves in the foot with all this cloak and dagger stuff. May get a lot of drop out on the FE versions when they do finally release pricing and spec breakdown. As well as future colour options
Get a feeling they are trying to avoid sharing this until V6 FE buyers are tied in. Flip side is you may get a lot of disgruntled owners once released.

We know Lotus has the info to hand as they have released price for i4 base, and FE V6. They know how much the extra cost for base V6 to FE is, so could add the same to base i4 months ago. Personally find the buying process very frustrating with Lotus due to lack of transparency :(

Re ADAS hereā€™s breakdown of some of the items for a Porsche Cayman

260C9347-E8AB-469A-B1FE-5995B533B6D2.jpeg

Get a feeling they are trying to avoid sharing this until V6 FE buyers are tied in. Flip side is you may get a lot of disgruntled owners once released.

We know Lotus has the info to hand as they have released price for i4 base, and FE V6. They know how much the extra cost for base V6 to FE is, so could add the same to base i4 months ago. Personally find the buying process very frustrating with Lotus due to lack of transparency :(

Re ADAS hereā€™s breakdown of some of the items for a Porsche Cayman

View attachment 2180
If you can cancel up to 30 days before taking delivery.....
Then again I guess they won't really care as they won't have any trouble selling them on.
If Tom's right about the options savings on the FE then I'm already thinking I may be better off waiting and getting the car I actually want. Ā£2500 in extras I don't really want isn't much of an incentive, bar being one of the first to have the car

The forged wheels and the KEF audio system alone are going to be much more than Ā£2500. Forged wheels aren't cheap. They usually run at least $1,000 each, so a set will be $4k+. KEF audio gear isn't cheap either. Their speaker systems can easily run into the thousands, so that may easily be a $2k-$3k option. I'll say $6k-$8k just for the wheels and KEF system.

If they don't release the full pricing until after V6 FE orders are locked in I think they risk a backlash from those early adopters, who will feel they've been treated poorly.

In my feedback to Lotus last week I included a list of 15 pieces of information I thought it was reasonable for someone to have from Lotus before making a commitment to a V6 FE order. So info that was needed before mid January. It included these points about pricing for V6 and i4 First and Base Editions and options.

The undiscounted FE options are around Ā£12-13k, the discount is about Ā£2.5-3.0k. V6 is about Ā£6k more than the i4. So V6 FE is Ā£76k after discounting options, V6 Base around Ā£66k, i4 Base is Ā£60k, i4 FE I expect will be about Ā£70k.

If Tom's right about the options savings on the FE then I'm already thinking I may be better off waiting and getting the car I actually want. Ā£2500 in extras I don't really want isn't much of an incentive, bar being one of the first to have the car
For sure I would be happy with base car. Iā€™m only paying the V6 FE premium as I dont want to wait a further year .

The undiscounted FE options are around Ā£12-13k, the discount is about Ā£2.5-3.0k. V6 is about Ā£6k more than the i4. So V6 FE is Ā£76k after discounting options, V6 Base around Ā£66k, i4 Base is Ā£60k, i4 FE I expect will be about Ā£70k.
When I went to B&C both they are Lotus guys who I asked seperatly said it won't be as low as Ā£70k - the consensus seemed to be it would be nearer Ā£74k - maybe because it has better spec like ADAS?

Interesting. Only a Ā£2k premium for the V6 sounds on the low side, unless there are significant extras in the i4 FE compared to the V6 FE. ADAS at Ā£2-3k might be that difference I guess.

I placed my deposit in September here in the states...am I to believe I will not be getting an FE? Am I too late?

It'll depend on your dealer and their 2022 allocation. Worth asking them if your slot will be V6 FE and in 2022. I know a few dealers still had 2022 slots available in early December.

More like, how does the Camera interpret and process the colours. You can see why itā€™s a nightmare getting a true feeling for colours from joe public.

Its why itā€™s so important Lotus get professional photos of the 6 colours in different light conditions, to allow buyers to make a considered final decision on colour of their 80k car.

Wow.
Light matters. Orange or Yelllow?
To get color right (or even close), at a minimum you have to shoot in a custom white balance mode after using a grey card under the current lighting, or shoot a grey card and then balance RAW photos for color in post.

If you do not do these things (and 99+% of stuff posted does NOT) then the camera tries to make a guess as to what colors should look like. It will NOT get it right. The colors you see coming out are just a crap shoot and can vary wildly as those pictures demonstrate clearly.

View attachment 2287
I shot these with a grey card
In this picture, the magma looks more like Ardent Red than Fire Red. But at the same time thereā€™s no denying that the magma sample looks identical to an actual fire red car side by side. Magma Red has gotten more chatter than any color, but to me it seems like how itā€™s perceived is based on whether it is being considered in absolute vs relative terms. I think we will find when all is said and done that whatever magma red is in absolute terms, it will align with what fire red is under identical circumstances. In some situations it looks like a deep red metallic, and in other situations it looks like ardent red (or dare I say rosso red?). Have a look at the spy photo of body shells in the factory from a couple months ago. Then look at the direct comparison between fire red and magma red where both look substantially darker and the metallic flake is more obvious. I think this duality may actually be a strength of this color choice in the end.

In this picture, the magma looks more like Ardent Red than Fire Red. But at the same time thereā€™s no denying that the magma sample looks identical to an actual fire red car side by side. Magma Red has gotten more chatter than any color, but to me it seems like how itā€™s perceived is based on whether it is being considered in absolute vs relative terms. I think we will find when all is said and done that whatever magma red is in absolute terms, it will align with what fire red is under identical circumstances. In some situations it looks like a deep red metallic, and in other situations it looks like ardent red (or dare I say rosso red?). Have a look at the spy photo of body shells in the factory from a couple months ago. Then look at the direct comparison between fire red and magma red where both look substantially darker and the metallic flake is more obvious. I think this duality may actually be a strength of this color choice in the end.

Pretty sure it was confirmed that the red car at the factory was not Magma red...šŸ¤”