• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Yellow Emira on display in China

Pretty sure it was confirmed that the red car at the factory was not Magma red...🤔
Oh really? How would we know that? It seems strange that it would be photoed next to a Hethel yellow, nimbus grat and Seneca blue car and not be magma red. I must have missed the explanation. Sorry if that’s the case,

Oh really? How would we know that? It seems strange that it would be photoed next to a Hethel yellow, nimbus grat and Seneca blue car and not be magma red. I must have missed the explanation. Sorry if that’s the case,
Ya I'd have to go back and look again, but if I remember correctly, Lotus themselves said it wasn't the correct Magma. But I think it just had to do with a lack of metallic in the paint?

Lotus confirmed none of the cars in the background of that video were First Edition colours. They were validation prototype cars.

According to the Chinese press ‘NYO’ stands for ‘new’, again to differentiate from Youngman
Yes, Lotus had a brand/copyright issue when they first launched in China, as Youngman already used the Lotus name. So they have to use "LOTUS NYO" there.

Many points in many posts point to the varying yellows on the car.

The pic with the logo on the hood really shows that difference*.

Next we will see the caliper yellow against the yellow logo and yellow paint.

An OCD nightmare of yellow!

*Doesn't change my view at all. This yellow is awesome!
Red, yellow and blue are all awesome colors
Whos-afraid-of-red-yellow-and-blue-III-e1493645895812-915x518.jpg

Last edited:
Lotus have confirmed the diamond cut wheels will be to the design shown on the Seneca Blue show car that was at Goodwood and the UK dealer tour (below), and not the glossy design seen on the samples on the wall of the Shanghai dealership.

Lotus%20Emira%20FoS%202021-2.jpg

Lotus have confirmed the diamond cut wheels will be to the design shown on the Seneca Blue show car that was at Goodwood and the UK dealer tour (below), and not the glossy design seen on the samples on the wall of the Shanghai dealership.

Lotus%20Emira%20FoS%202021-2.jpg
Not that I'm opting for these wheels, but on this particular design, the glossy was so much better in my eyes.

For those who have seen the diamond cut wheel in person, does it have a flower look to it? I really want to like this style, but I can’t unsee the flower 🌸

That's odd, that's not where the number plate plinth is, at least for UK. I asked at roadshows and was told it was on the lower lip, like this:

View attachment 1908

Edit: and you can see them on the lower lip of the validation cars in videos like the Harry's Garage one
Due to the traffic law of China, the plate must be secured with 4 screws.

Attachments

• plate.jpg
    plate.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 76
For those who have seen the diamond cut wheel in person, does it have a flower look to it? I really want to like this style, but I can’t unsee the flower 🌸
Same here...I want to like them but. Flowers.

I haven't seen the flower in them untill you mentioned it, now I cannot unsee it either!
Jokes aside, I think you won't notice it if you first encounter them in person. Angle of viewing from standing height is very different from photoshoots which typically are from very low down. From standing height you only notice the concave of the rim not the flower pattern.

Lotus is basically the name of a flower.

In this picture, the magma looks more like Ardent Red than Fire Red. But at the same time there’s no denying that the magma sample looks identical to an actual fire red car side by side. Magma Red has gotten more chatter than any color, but to me it seems like how it’s perceived is based on whether it is being considered in absolute vs relative terms. I think we will find when all is said and done that whatever magma red is in absolute terms, it will align with what fire red is under identical circumstances. In some situations it looks like a deep red metallic, and in other situations it looks like ardent red (or dare I say rosso red?). Have a look at the spy photo of body shells in the factory from a couple months ago. Then look at the direct comparison between fire red and magma red where both look substantially darker and the metallic flake is more obvious. I think this duality may actually be a strength of this color choice in the end.
Your words remind me of the Mazda soul red, which is essentially two layers of red and looks different in direct light versus non-direct light...

1650470956158.png
1650471004178.png

1650471012062.png