• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

A special treat coming ̷s̷o̷o̷n̷ ̷ ̶t̶o̶m̶o̶r̶r̶o̶w̶ sometime .... NOW LIVE :)

I hope the video wasn’t recorded on a SOONY!

Grovelling apologies everyone. Lotus have asked for the video release to be postponed from this morning to later this week. I suspect this is to avoid a clash with the Eletre global briefing that started an hour ago.

I'm obviously disappointed this has been postponed after I had publicised a date. I guess many of us are getting very used to unexpected delays :(

Worst case, I hope this will now get published by end of Friday.
Are you sure you dont work for Lotus,Tom?

You seem to be copying their carrot on a stick approach and delaying at the final hour too 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Grovelling apologies everyone. Lotus have asked for the video release to be postponed from this morning to later this week. I suspect this is to avoid a clash with the Eletre global briefing that started an hour ago.

I'm obviously disappointed this has been postponed after I had publicised a date. I guess many of us are getting very used to unexpected delays :(

maybe they forgot about the Eletre release...... easily done... they forgot about boot space until it was too late also.. haha
I did like the lotus video...most of all the overall head of design.... spoke very well.... could do with getting that tooth sorted, for the american viewers, but I like him, seems very competent..not surprising with his CV....

OMG this is hilarious, just when you think it can't get worse........ at least I got my phone call today, so I can't be too annoyed :)

You REALLY couldn't write it..... 😂
If Lotus are ALL OVER THIS how much unbiased viewpoint is there going to be? Or should we consider this video a Lotus advertisement?
I'm not being a 🍆 just genuinely interested to know. I am sure it will be great content no matter

ECU mapping you say? How long ago was this filmed? Surprised if there are still tweaks happening since customer cars have already been delivered. 🤔

Looking forward to the video review!
Good point and a reason I'm not in a rush to get one of the first cars off the line... or even the first couple hundred..:)

too funny. I saw this thread yesterday and couldn’t help but think “maybe the video will be coming ‘soon.’” But I had hope that it will be released. And then saw the note this morning. Lol we keep putting faith in Lotus and they keep letting us down. The comms issues are just silly at this point. I mean, why talk about releasing the video today when they knew the Electre was going to be announced/shown?!

My fault for jumping the gun and publicising this yesterday because I was excited to know this was on its way for you.. I didn’t know Lotus would ask to wait until this morning. My bad. It’s needed a lot of cooperation from Lotus to achieve it, so of course their request has to be respected.

Trying to get you some insightful, new content from a real customer perspective and access to as much car options info as possible.. The US customer test drives have had a lot of interest and this is a similar thing.

But yeah, it’s “coming soon”. Blame me for not waiting until it was live..

You REALLY couldn't write it..... 😂
If Lotus are ALL OVER THIS how much unbiased viewpoint is there going to be? Or should we consider this video a Lotus advertisement?
I'm not being a 🍆 just genuinely interested to know. I am sure it will be great content no matter
Not “all over”. Lotus set some ground rules but nothing I’d worry about.

They didn’t want comparisons to other marques being made on-camera as it wasn’t a back to back comparison test.

And the focus is on the car, not the buying process or the delays or customer comms etc.

They even allowed pictures of the lesser-spotted Dark Verdant.

For my next trick I will be attempting to shoot myself in both feet….

The things I have to do for you lot :)
At first I thought 'et tu Tom' but then realised that the 'hand of Hethel' was involved so a delay would be quite normal and completely out of your control.

Not “all over”. Lotus set some ground rules but nothing I’d worry about.

They didn’t want comparisons to other marques being made on-camera as it wasn’t a back to back comparison test.

And the focus is on the car, not the buying process or the delays or customer comms etc.

They even allowed pictures of the lesser-spotted Dark Verdant.
Great stuff. Sounds good and looking fwd to it 🙂

Not blaming Tom at all on this one, I think its laughable that Lotus would want to put a pin in a customer Emira video to allow for the Eletre video... So is the supposition from Lotus that NO ONE will watch both? That Emira deposit holders that may consider the Eletre will have to choose one or the other, and they will impact future sales as a result of having 2 pieces of content in one day? F*ck me, Lotus makes it SO HARD to stay on board whenever someone attempts to connect with the brand on any level.

Oh snap, Tom got hired by Lotus, another delay.... :ROFLMAO:

might need to change the thread title back to ‘soon’!

Really interested to see this hope it does arrive this week…

Back