• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

A special treat coming ̷s̷o̷o̷n̷ ̷ ̶t̶o̶m̶o̶r̶r̶o̶w̶ sometime .... NOW LIVE :)

Why do we care what Lotus wants or doesn't want us to share? This is an independent forum not sponsored by Lotus, right? What are they gonna do... Delay our orders? Stop sending us emails? Detune our engines? Increase the wheel gap? Remove more deviated stitching? Minimize side bolstering? Push the pedals even closer together? 😂

Why do we care what Lotus wants or doesn't want us to share? This is an independent forum not sponsored by Lotus, right? What are they gonna do... Delay our orders? Stop sending us emails? Detune our engines? Increase the wheel gap? Remove more deviated stitching? Minimize side bolstering? Push the pedals even closer together? 😂
Yes, probably just for your order out of spite! :ROFLMAO:

The forum is independent. Ade making a video was done with the cooperation of Lotus to get access to cars and info that would not otherwise be possible, even with a dealer demo car. It has taken a lot of discussion behind the scenes to be allowed to do it.

Respect that Lotus wanted some say in that process (but gave a lot of latitude) and particularly the timing of the release. That's entirely reasonable. Without their cooperation there would be no video.

The forum is independent. Ade making a video was done with the cooperation of Lotus to get access to cars and info that would not otherwise be possible, even with a dealer demo car. It has taken a lot of discussion behind the scenes to be allowed to do it.

Respect that Lotus wanted some say in that process (but gave a lot of latitude) and particularly the timing of the release. That's entirely reasonable. Without their cooperation there would be no video.

Yeah, I get it. I just think it's funny they have time to moderate what is or isn't shared on this forum when there are much bigger fish to fry... Like producing and delivering our cars or even just getting full production spec vehicles to professional journalists instead of another "almost complete" version.

Yeah, I get it. I just think it's funny they have time to moderate what is or isn't shared on this forum when there are much bigger fish to fry... Like producing and delivering our cars or even just getting full production spec vehicles to professional journalists instead of another "almost complete" version.
Its not just this forum though. Its a Youtube launch
Although I have been saying for AGES they should be releasing content early to deposit holders..

I love how this comes up in my GOOGLE news feed 😅

View attachment 10094

Me too.. 😂

Screenshot_20221028-072823_Chrome.jpg

I think this forum and other forum's is major source of information. Youtube is also a very large influencing force. Not to be underestimated. I think Lotus is taking the right approach in managing this for whatever reason. With that said I want to see the video as well, but understand them wanting to time things that best benefits themselves.

They have one person in a non-production role working on the timing of the release of one video, alongside the launch of other press releases and social content this week and next (Eletre UK dealer tour, UK Emira demo cars arriving, first UK customer car, UK test drives about to start etc).

It's the launch of a video on YouTube that will get a lot of attention, as it features the first customer drive of a full production Emira (it's not a "nearly complete" one). It's not a launch of content on this forum, over which Lotus have no control as we are independent of them. We will be cross-posting it because Ade is a forum member and we have helped get the opportunity for him to create it.

I think this forum and other forum's is major source of information. Youtube is also a very large influencing force. Not to be underestimated. I think Lotus is taking the right approach in managing this for whatever reason. With that said I want to see the video as well, but understand them wanting to time things that best benefits themselves.

What about what benefits the paying customers? When are we going to get some of that appreciation? So far I've felt no love from Lotus. Nothing to make me feel like an appreciated customer or extra love for being an early adopter. Just poor comms and delays.

What about what benefits the paying customers? When are we going to get some of that appreciation? So far I've felt no love from Lotus. Nothing to make me feel like an appreciated customer or early adopter. Just poor comms and delays.
You're not wrong :(

You're not wrong :(

This is a $100k exotic sportscar and I've seen more customer support and retention practices from a $10 food order. I've been personally reached out to more from McLaren after just stepping into the dealer for a test drive months ago...

And here Lotus is holding my money for a year and a half and won't even return my calls (so to speak).

What about what benefits the paying customers? When are we going to get some of that appreciation? So far I've felt no love from Lotus. Nothing to make me feel like an appreciated customer or extra love for being an early adopter. Just poor comms and delays.
I think you have to understand that Lotus of old (Hethel) isn't in charge anymore. And there are other players more important for Geely. I did not know that Lotus at Raunheim (Germany) was doing the development for the new Eletre. They have a target aim of 100.000 cars to produce in Wuhan, so there is the focus. That's at least my perception.

I think you have to understand that Lotus of old (Hethel) isn't in charge anymore. And there are other players more important for Geely. I did not know that Lotus at Raunheim (Germany) was doing the development for the new Eletre. They have a target aim of 100.000 cars to produce in Wuhan, so there is the focus. That's at least my perception.

Understood, but honestly that shouldn't negatively impact paying customers. It's none of my concern what workload Lotus is trying to manage. Hire enough people to get your work done and properly manage your business and retain customers.

Back