Emira Exhaust Upgrade?

Great update! How was it on the highway? Any drone on the drive? I haven't heard anyone preciously address that topic directly.
It seems much quieter in the cabin on the highway after the titanium exhaust. The stock exhaust is much more "boomy" and resonates in the cabin more than the titanium exhaust does.

It seems much quieter in the cabin on the highway after the titanium exhaust. The stock exhaust is much more "boomy" and resonates in the cabin more than the titanium exhaust does.
Dang, in addition tot he weight savings, i would think that TI exhaust would make things sounder louder and better?

Hey folks, just wanted to give you all an update about the direction and I'll be going in. I was leaning towards the GRP system as well, but I'm definitely not gonna be pursuing that because of this: The fact that another manufacturer would air dirty laundry, like that really does not put a good taste in my mouth. I reached out to Valvetronic directly and was able to speak to their team on the phone. Really happy with the level of service I got from them, I spent about 15 minutes on the line got all my questions answered, and the team was extremely knowledgeable in guiding me through the set up that would be perfect for me. They have had a huge number of orders for their set up due to the sound quality, and their systems will be shipping in the middle of this month. I will keep you guys updated with my experience, can't wait to enjoy this thing loud!!
That's an odd take. If another company's product had serious design issues - which was acknowledged and claimed to be corrected - and a system that was installed was completely removed because of issues, I would want to know about it before making a purchase. It helps no one to hide issues and defects.

Like you, I have a healthy suspicion one vendor says something negative about another vendor. However, in this case, everything that I personally have seen have been focused on facts.

Dang, in addition tot he weight savings, i would think that TI exhaust would make things sounder louder and better?
It is louder and better sounding over the stock muffler. It projects rearward more than forward towards the cab, as the stock exhaust does. Several times, with the valve 100% open, I had to roll my window down to check the sound because I thought I had the valve closed. Once I rolled the window down, I could hear how loud it was outside, but not in the cabin. I think some of this rearward sound projection could be from the solid titanium exhaust tips. The stock exhaust tips have a lot of perforations in them, and I would be interested to see if someone just swapped the exhaust tips to a solid pipe that comes with the titanium exhaust to see how much that alone reduces the exhaust sound in the cabin.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back