• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira vs Ferrari - Still not 100% on which to sell

Sell both...go for the investment...promise yourself a 296 when the investment pays off! It will hurt selling them now....it will be mega sweet to reward yourself for the suffering along the way ;-)

So you said that if you sold the Ferrari you could use that money for investment, but is the Ferrari not an investment that will appreciate? Everything is electrified from here, and with a manual this car is even more appealing and special.
Yes it is.
I see the manual spyder hitting 200k by 2030 and might go silly.
However, I need the cash it represents.
Of course, I will regret it. I can't bring myself to sell the Emira, it is stunning.

I say, it depends how much money you need for your investment. The manual F430 must be worth 2.5X more than the Emira.
Another consideration, F car will continue to appreciate if factory manual car, Lotus, Highest value is now.
All true... nightmare.

For me the fact that the F430 is a manual makes the answer clear. These cars are going to appreciate at a rate that's likely better than any investment (and I've never seen cars as investments). It seems the manual transmission almost doubles the price - which is insane.

Sell the Emira and put the small premium you make on a deposit for a future Emira variant that hasn't yet been announced. As a bonus this would allow you to continue to suffer the waiting game with the rest of us. All for one and one for all!
Agh. Problem is I have not fallen for the Emira. Better than I even hoped.

• Wow
Reactions: ino
Ade is your motivation in owning a great sports car about the potential monetary appreciation? Or is it about owning and using a thing that is wonderful to drive, for the experience and love of driving it?

If it's the latter more than the former, I say keep the Lotus.

If it's the former rather than the latter, keep the Ferrari (but drive it as little as possible).

I personally lean towards prioritizing the driving joy. Both get you there, but one of the choices liberates significantly more cash for you now.
This all only adds to the dilemma.
I am not trying to be a look-at-me drama queen. I am literally in a land of nightmares as to sell either absolutely horrifies me.

The Ferrari was a lifetime dream but I have now driven the dream.
The Emira was a 21 month dream and my first ever new sports car and makes it truly mine.

I have a few months to decide.

@Evotion This is obviously a heart vs head decision.
Your heart loves the prancing horse, it's the epitome of car enthusiast dream being lived.
Your head is doing maths on running costs to justify the Emira. Your still in the honeymoon period. Sell it before you get too attached, and come back if/ when the time is right.
Yeah, I guess that it a good summary of it all.
Ha, honestly, my mind flips from one to the other.

I am laying in bed at night hoping that some miracle happens and a load of money drops into my life. My only hope to keep both is to persuade the missus that it is an invesment that she could be part of - That is a VERY VERY long shot as she is not interested at all in any of the cars.

I suggest you post a Ferrari video exactly like your Emira video, including the shot in the same narrow street, then let us decide. Showing the Emira moving on that street really fired me up to buy one. We’re all exhausted from showroom pics. Chat away like it’s your first time in the Ferrari and bring your son.
I’d like this done tomorrow, posted no later than Friday.
Ha - yeah. That clip came out far too well.
The noise moan is mainly about the inside of the car, but I am now loving that too, even only up to 4k revs!

Full Ferrari video out in 2 weeks.

The noise moan is mainly about the inside of the car, but I am now loving that too, even only up to 4k revs!

The noise really opens up above 5k, it is good at 4k but definitely gets going higher!

Sell the Ferrari to a friend with a buyback option whenever finances allow. Let him/her handle the maintenance in the meantime.

The noise really opens up above 5k, it is good at 4k but definitely gets going higher!
Yeah, I took out a fully run in car in one of my older Emira videos on my channel and went through the limiter a few times.
For the life of me I cannot remember what it sounded like. Somehow my car sounds better. Must be psychological.

Sell the Ferrari to a friend with a buyback option whenever finances allow. Let him/her handle the maintenance in the meantime.
Ha. I have literally just said this to a mate looking at a Huracan.

My other idea is leasing to a car club. I retain ownership, they look after it.
I need to do some research.

The Ferrari was a lifetime dream but I have now driven the dream.
The Emira was a 21 month dream and my first ever new sports car and makes it truly mine.
My dream car was the Elise for almost 20 yrs, and bought official demo car in Japan in 2020. BUT Emira smashed my head and sold it for same reason as you. I want the Emira to be truly mine.

If you can keep Ferrari in some ways, it will be your best choise I think, but if not, you should keep your daughter Emira with you.

Bianca or Flora, difficult question.

Oooo The sound of the Ferrari and like you say nothing better than driving like a T*** it’s certainly cars fault, some cars just need to be driven that way always lol
But your last shot at the petrol station Emira actually the better looking car.
So when you factor in running costs, practically etc I would keep the Emira

Enjoyed the video Ade.. was nice to meet you at newlands last week.. I think someone summed it up a couple of posts back… the 430 is great, but the more miles, the less it will appreciate, so you have to think about when you use it… and the expense of those miles.. the Emira you can use all the time if you want, it will cost you less and be almost as good (otherwise you wouldn’t be torn)

Even with miles, the Ferrari will depreciate less than the Emira IMO.

But your last shot at the petrol station Emira actually the better looking car.
It IS the better looking car - and the F430 is lovely.

I've been a car fan for 50 years and the Emira remains one of the very prettiest cars ever made to my eyes. I am getting so many compliments and it makes you giggle.
Girls and ladies love it.. No, not as a pulling magnet, they see the beauty in it.

Even with miles, the Ferrari will depreciate less than the Emira IMO.
The Emira V6 FE I think will never go down - I have always said that.

The manual Ferrari will go up. It will overtake 488 values and get closer to 458 values.
They will be 200k in the 2030s. I have no doubt.
Grab a bargain now and get in touch with me. 😬 (y) :D 😛