• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira vs Ferrari - Still not 100% on which to sell

Yep, this is the rub.
I have decided 100% that I am keeping the Emira.
It is now down to if I can possibly keep the Ferrari.
You have a lot of money tied up in motors, although that is relative to a persons financial situation.
If you can afford to run them all and not worry about a big bad luck Ferrari repair bill, then all is good, if it’s going to bring you any stress and make your life “less happy” then maybe revisit the Ferrari when the novelty of the Emira has waned. Just my opinion, and best of luck with what you decide.

When it comes to car compliments, I have found that to many observers, something that they can actually afford is far more conversation-worthy than an unobtanium exotic car.
Case-in-point: Both times while visiting a powder-coating shop in my 2008 PRHT MX5 Miata, which is probably worth about $10,000 as a car with a salvage title, I have been engaged in conversation with workers there.
They know that their dream of owning a fun sports car CAN become a reality with a car like my MX5. Yes, it's been modified quite a bit, but if I were to sell it, today, any one of the three guys to whom I had spoken could buy the car and be immensely happy.

They made me feel like a very wealthy man. I expect to be notified about an Emira purchase in approximately 30 months, and am seriously thinking about keeping the MX5 as well. Of course, having two manual-transmission sportscars isn't going over too well with my wife.........:cry:

Last edited:
OP

How many miles does the Emira have on it now and it loosened up a lot as you have run it in?

OP

How many miles does the Emira have on it now and it loosened up a lot as you have run it in?
1250! Not bad since collecting it last Wednesday!

It seems to have gotten louder.

The rest of the improvement are more likely me getting to become one with the car.
I would say it too 750 miles to bond like two amazing lovers.

At that point, I realised that this is one of the best cars I have ever driven. I'd even say it is faster on the road than the lot lighter, more powerful Exige 410 Sport I drove as there is no drama, just godly cornering speed and still a load of feel.

A test-drive does NOT uncover what a remarkable car it is.

Are you finding it a lot quicker now you can go above 4,000? Would that change your speed score against the 430 to higher than a 7?

On my test drive that (above 4,000) revealed its more frenetic / faster side (as you would expect).

When it comes to car compliments, I have found that to many observers, something that they can actually afford is far more conversation-worthy than an unobtanium exotic car.
Case-in-point: Both times while visiting a powder-coating shop in my 2008 PRHT MX5 Miata, which is probably work about $10,000 as a car with a salvage title, I have been engaged in conversation with workers there.
They know that their dream of owning a fun sports car CAN become a reality with a car like my MX5. Yes, it's been modified quite a bit, but if I were to sell it, today, any one of the three guys to whom I had spoken could buy the car and be immensely happy.

They made me feel like a very wealthy man. I expect to be notified about an Emira purchase in approximately 30 months, and am seriously thinking about keeping the MX5 as well. Of course, having two manual-transmission sportscars isn't going over too well with my wife.........:cry:
Miss my nc2 on the daily

I was laughing and yelling at my salesman the entire test drive so I get what you’re saying

The rest of the improvement are more likely me getting to become one with the car.

At that point, I realised that this is one of the best cars I have ever driven. I'd even say it is faster on the road than the lot lighter, more powerful Exige 410 Sport I drove as there is no drama, just godly cornering speed and still a load of feel.

It’s gotton louder
750 miles to bond like two amazing lovers

Now come on Ade are you sure you’re qualified to such high standards 🤣🤣😘

I forgot.....is that with the sport or touring suspension?

Are you finding it a lot quicker now you can go above 4,000?
I am finding the whole car a lot quicker. It is linear and not exponential so I mostly notice the increased noise - which is lovely.

Round bends it is a 10 - on the straight still a 7.
More than enough for the roads.

Sport - the FAR better suspension. (y)
I explain this further in my next video.
Luckily, we're all different and have different requirements from the car. I've had a loan Emira on sport suspension for some days and it's far too jiggly on our roads, to the point of being uncomfortable. Fortunately, I'd specified touring and now that I have my car back, the difference is really noticeable.

Sell both...go for the investment...promise yourself a 296 when the investment pays off! It will hurt selling them now....it will be mega sweet to reward yourself for the suffering along the way ;-)
296 is a stunning car….

I've been off the forum for a few days (started a new job this week), but I see you've made part of the key part of the decision already (i.e. keep the Emira 👍 ). Please permit me to pile in with some further unwanted and terrible investment advice, and say... if it means you get to keep the Emira, kick the F-car to the curb. Sure, the F430 is every inch a "dream car", and certainly one that I have admired from afar, but... keeping the car you love right now is so much more meaningful than hanging onto a "return on investment" some years down the track. It may betray me as somebody who is doing ok for money (and has also recently hit middle age, with the revelations that brings :LOL: ), but you can't take it with you. Keep things that spark joy, without flying too close to the sun and having to get rid of them all.

Sport - the FAR better suspension. (y)
I explain this further in my next video.
Thanks. It looks like you and Harry disagree on that choice. I'm uncertain as to what I'll choose at this time. Hopefully, I'll be able to drive at least one Emira with one of the two suspensions, soon. (at the dealership)

I've been off the forum for a few days (started a new job this week), but I see you've made part of the key part of the decision already (i.e. keep the Emira 👍 ). Please permit me to pile in with some further unwanted and terrible investment advice, and say... if it means you get to keep the Emira, kick the F-car to the curb. Sure, the F430 is every inch a "dream car", and certainly one that I have admired from afar, but... keeping the car you love right now is so much more meaningful than hanging onto a "return on investment" some years down the track. It may betray me as somebody who is doing ok for money (and has also recently hit middle age, with the revelations that brings :LOL: ), but you can't take it with you. Keep things that spark joy, without flying too close to the sun and having to get rid of them all.
Back a LONG time ago when I was in my 20s and driving a 68 Corvette convertible, SO many older guys (at a gas station) would stop to tell me they used to have a Corvette but wished they'd never sold it. If anyone should ask me if I wished I'd never sold the Corvette, I'd tell "No." The sports cars of today are soooo much better in every way (except for, possibly, exclusivity). I had that car for over 21 years, but I've had and rented many others. I agree that we should remember that the "clock" is always ticking, we're not moving away from the day it stops.