How to improve Emira blind spot?

netsinah

Emira owner.
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’ve just passed 1,000 km on my Emira and noticed today, for the first time, a small view through the passenger-side “rear window” when shoulder checking. It was mostly blocked by the passenger seat headrest, so I leaned that headrest back and out of the way, to increase my ability to see traffic in that blind spot. I assume this will depend on many variables, such as the driver height. But if like me, you don’t often have a passenger, perhaps try leaning the passenger seat way back to see if your field of vision improves.

If there's one thing that really is an issue for me it's the big blind spot when doing the shoulder check.

On the Autobahn it's quite ok as you can check with all the mirrors prior to lanechanging, but when you are in a traffic jam. Man I've nearly made an accident because this little car was completely in the blind spot and almost disappeared from me.

It was on the passenger side though where this little car was and I wanted to get into this lane. This is of course a problem with mid-engined cars but in comparison the VX220/ Speedster is so airy you always see something, not with the Emira, though.

So, all be careful. It can happen faster as you think. Keep this in mind. :)

I adjusted my mirrors further out, so that the side profile is no longer visible. Miss seeing the body lines, but zero blindsots.`
This is the answer. Put your head over the center console and adjust the passenger mirror so you just see the edge of the car. Then put your face next to the drivers window and adjust the mirror to show just the edge of the car. Of note the drivers mirror needs to be at maximum for this but this generally will eliminate all your blind spots.

I've adjusted both my side mirrors, just beyond the edges of my car (I see no edges), which I always do since taking a driving course some 20 years ago. I don't think that captures someone in the passenger side blind spot, when along side my car and just out of view, from the passenger mirror. I can see them approaching my car from a distance in the lane alongside me, but not in JUST that particular spot. Maybe it's just me (?) but I don't completely trust my passenger side mirror.

Anyway, I'm happy with my passenger side seat leaned back, giving me an unobstructed view of the blind spot, when looking through the rear "3/4 side window" or whatever it's properly called. You decide what works for you.