• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

I4 Delivery Date USA/Canada Updates

I ordered the I4. It’s my guess and opinion that all the FE’s whether V6 or I4 will be of MY2024. It would make sense for marketing and if 2025 price increases are to occur. I was told from the beginning (awhile back) that there was a savings by ordering the FE whether V6 or I4 then later if one was to build a base model similarly equipped. Kinda a bonus if you are a true Lotus enthusiast and pretty much blindly ordered early like most of us here have. 🤪
Ditto on the I4. 100% agree on the base price increase. My dealer specifically said it would be a 2024 First Edition when I locked in my order. 24 FE or 25 Base, pick your poison. I'm just happy to get one and can't wait to get behind the wheel.

It also matters because Lotus promised all the US V6 automatics and I4’s would be MY 2025. They sent an email to the deposit holders claiming this. So it would be good to know if they are sticking to their promise or just doing more Lotus things.
I have literally received zero correspondence from Lotus, even though my Seattle dealer advised me back in October 2023 that my order was finalized and non-refundable. How do I get on this email update list?

Spoke to someone today who said it’s looking like towards the end of September for Emira arrivals. Secondly, they are definitely 2024’s. My VIN confirms it too….. EmiraFan’s VIN is likely 2-3 days earlier than my build.
How are you getting VIN info? My dealer said that they have zero info until it arrives on their lot. I talked with them last week about my i4 order and they advised that they have zero info and won't have any updates until it is on their lot.

How are you getting VIN info? My dealer said that they have zero info until it arrives on their lot. I talked with them last week about my i4 order and they advised that they have zero info and won't have any updates until it is on their lot.
Like some here, the dealerships emailed their customers and gave the VIN and updated info. (I didn’t even have to inquire). If you have an official order build and they gave you your Lotus build confirmation….then as your car was getting ready for production, a VIN was assigned and the dealership gets notified at some point. Whether that occurs in batches who knows. And when dealers get notified of VIN is also brand dependent in general regarding timing. It goes to the dealership business office and maybe the salesmen truly don’t know about it. Or their policy to only hand out that info upon their delivery. I wouldn’t worry about it….they will still get here when they get here. I am more curious about the CARB certification timing for the I4

I have literally received zero correspondence from Lotus, even though my Seattle dealer advised me back in October 2023 that my order was finalized and non-refundable. How do I get on this email update list?
I called the Lotus USA Customer line and mentioned I was not receiving any email from Lotus. They fixed right away (by confirming they had the correct email) I then received one email, the gift email, nothing since then.

Finalized the same month as you, but I guess I am lucky that my dealer picks up the phone - even if he doesn't know anything.

I called the Lotus USA Customer line and mentioned I was not receiving any email from Lotus. They fixed right away (by confirming they had the correct email) I then received one email, the gift email, nothing since then.

Finalized the same month as you, but I guess I am lucky that my dealer picks up the phone - even if he doesn't know anything.
I tried 800-245-6887 twice and got VM both times with no callback. I so wish I could transfer dealerships, especially since there is a new dealer in SLC that is MUCH closer to me but my Seattle dealer advised me that once I paid the 2nd deposit (back in Oct 2023 for an i4 and BEFORE the i4 delay) the $15k became non-refundable. They will get the sale on this Emira, but it will without question be the last car I ever buy from them.

Like some here, the dealerships emailed their customers and gave the VIN and updated info. (I didn’t even have to inquire). If you have an official order build and they gave you your Lotus build confirmation….then as your car was getting ready for production, a VIN was assigned and the dealership gets notified at some point. Whether that occurs in batches who knows. And when dealers get notified of VIN is also brand dependent in general regarding timing. It goes to the dealership business office and maybe the salesmen truly don’t know about it. Or their policy to only hand out that info upon their delivery. I wouldn’t worry about it….they will still get here when they get here. I am more curious about the CARB certification timing for the I4
I just checked the EPA site, which has certification prior to to the more rigorous CARB, it only has the V6 as the most recent approval. Not to say that the public site isn’t delayed but…….doesn’t look good

Last edited:
I just checks the EPA site, which has certification prior to to the more rigorous CARB, it only has the V6 as the most recent approval. Not to say that the public site isn’t delayed but…….doesn’t look good
Gotcha…. Appreciate the update.

...a VIN was assigned and the dealership gets notified at some point.
Dealer told me they are notified, with the VIN, when the vehicle exits production, and the they would supply me the VIN at that time. I have no confirmation on this information from any other dealer, just the one.

Dealer told me they are notified, with the VIN, when the vehicle exits production, and the they would supply me the VIN at that time. I have no confirmation on this information from any other dealer, just the one.
My dealer said they had instances of the car just showing up before they were notified it was complete.

I just checked the EPA site, which has certification prior to to the more rigorous CARB, it only has the V6 as the most recent approval. Not to say that the public site isn’t delayed but…….doesn’t look good

Just searched EPA as well and only mention is for the V6. Searched on a couple other car manufactures didn't see any 2024 cal year CARB reports. Hopefully i4/Turbo Carb approval is in the works just not up on the site yet.

My dealer said they had instances of the car just showing up before they were notified it was complete.
Of course they have. I don't know why we would expect anything less at this point.. Because consistency has been a staple of this whole process.. right? 🤷‍♂️

10 i4 arrived in US ports a couple weeks ago. They're meant for EPA/CARB and maybe press demos. I would not panic just yet since the 6+ months EPA/CARB process for the V6 manual also includes all DOT/NHTSA safety certifications for the Emira model as a whole and includes time lost when the key Lotus person dealing with all US certifications left the company and an replacement have to be found. With those cars in the hands of EPA now, it's entirely possible to see i4 delivery towards the end of the year.

Last edited:
10 i4 arrived in US ports a couple weeks ago. They're meant for EPA/CARB and maybe press demos. I would not panic just yet since the 6+ months EPA/CARB process for the V6 manual also includes all DOT/NHTSA safety certifications for the Emira model as a hole and includes time lost when the key Lotus person dealing with all US certifications left the company and an replacement have to be found. With those cars in the hands of EPA now, it's entirely possible to see i4 delivery towards the end of the year.

With CARB rearing its head again there was an Interesting bit in a recent Mr JWW video (from 32:21) with Christian Von Koenigsegg talking about it. Sounds like the trickiest bit of it is in relation to the emissions side of things which with a different engine integration probably won't be transferrable from the v6, but at least this time Lotus should be more prepared for the process.

With CARB rearing its head again there was an Interesting bit in a recent Mr JWW video (from 32:21) with Christian Von Koenigsegg talking about it. Sounds like the trickiest bit of it is in relation to the emissions side of things which with a different engine integration probably won't be transferrable from the v6, but at least this time Lotus should be more prepared for the process.

And the AMG A139 is a much newer engine that was designed to meet current and upcoming UK and EU emission standards.

Should be more prepared? It should already be done…

Got this today....

Lotus has assigned the below VIN to your Emira:

SCCLEKMX2RHA44065

This indicates that your Emira has been sequenced for production!

Once produced, your Emira will be scheduled for transit to the US Port by boat, processed, and then transported to Galpin by truck. We will provide updates on your vehicle as we receive them from the factory.

The countdown is now on as to whether or not I even want the car anymore. Bought a 2006 Porsche Carrera S Convertible as my bridge car and I love the HELL out of it, but it's not something I can daily in LA.

Also, there are currently a minimum of SEVEN V6 FE's sitting at Galpin Lotus which tells me a lot of people are backing out of their orders. I'm a bit worried I'm buying a car from a company on the verge of disappearing....... Thoughts?.....

Got this today....

SCCLEKMX2RHA44065

Once produced, your Emira will be scheduled for transit to the US Port by boat, processed, and then transported to Galpin by truck. We will provide updates on your vehicle as we receive them from the factory.

The countdown is now on as to whether or not I even want the car anymore. Bought a 2006 Porsche Carrera S Convertible as my bridge car and I love the HELL out of it, but it's not something I can daily in LA.

Also, there are currently a minimum of SEVEN V6 FE's sitting at Galpin Lotus which tells me a lot of people are backing out of their orders. I'm a bit worried I'm buying a car from a company on the verge of disappearing....... Thoughts?.....
I too have come across a lot of orphaned cars at various dealers. I also don’t think they are even close to filling out the i4 allocations they currently have. It is a bit concerning.

Got this today....

SCCLEKMX2RHA44065

If you can’t daily a convertible S you won’t be able to daily the lotus. The 911 is almost the definition of a daily sports car.