• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

I4 Delivery Date USA/Canada Updates

The first reviewer not to complain of the paddle shift delays :) and it did seem quick enough (20:09 timestamp in video).

Did Lotus improve that or is it just slow when comparing to other cars?

There was never any shift delays as the unit comes sealed from ANG so it shift just like it did in a A45S. But because of the slow OS and different datapath. It's take a fraction of a sec longer for the signal from the shift paddle to reach the TMU. There was an update that was released to address that since most of the earlier press reviews but I don't know they they managed to improve it to the same level as in an A45S. Also a signal delay is someone you can anticipate and adopts to vs an actual delay in the gear shifts.

The first reviewer not to complain of the paddle shift delays :) and it did seem quick enough (20:09 timestamp in video).

Did Lotus improve that or is it just slow when comparing to other cars?
I had heard that the paddle shift delay was addressed. I watched that video of his shifting…. Seemed quicker than last years video of the shifting. We are grasping at straws here for sure…...this is all part of the Lotus experience. 😂. It’s like a big surprise…. Ha ha

There was never any shift delays as the unit comes sealed from ANG so it shift just like it did in a A45S. But because of the slow OS and different datapath. It's take a fraction of a sec longer for the signal from the shift paddle to reach the TMU. There was an update that was released to address that since most of the earlier press reviews but I don't know they they managed to improve it to the same level as in an A45S. Also a signal delay is someone you can anticipate and adopts to vs an actual delay in the gear shifts.
Wonder if it's an actual single path delay or just sloppy ECU code with poor/slow processors, if this is the case perhaps the code just needs to be seriously cleaned/optimized up to remedy a 8/10th of sec delay to get to the AMG cars responsiveness. Theoretically the paddle shift signal should travel to ECU in a nanosecond .

There are grill inserts in the side intakes... 🤔 only for the i4 or just manufacturer builds?

Wonder if it's an actual single path delay or just sloppy ECU code with poor/slow processors, if this is the case perhaps the code just needs to be seriously cleaned/optimized up to remedy a 8/10th of sec delay to get to the AMG cars responsiveness. Theoretically the paddle shift signal should travel to ECU in a nanosecond .
Actually the delay in the early press review is pretty much the same as when you click anything on the touchscreen so it's probably the slow OS/processor but the only reason to go through the OS is to update the gear number on the instrument panel so they may have figured out a way to route the shift signal more directly to the TMU.

With all the US 14 videos popping up and knowing that there're 10 i4 in the US/Canada. I pinged my sales contact to see if they will get access to one for test drives. While he's checking on that. He passed on the i4 is already in production and they expect 1st delivery in 8 weeks in the West Coast.
Looks like it passed EPA in June. CARB should be close behind, maybe just not reported yet.

Back