I'm out - the cancellations thread

I am also out (at least for now). Got an amazing offer for an Alpine A110S. Test drove it, loved it, ordered it. Pretty different car because the Alpine is true light weight. Still like the Emira and may look for a used one in a couple of years.

Nice choice! 100hp less but ~740lbs lighter! I wish we had those in America.

I am out for all purposes. I have decided that since the closest Lotus Dealer is 2 hours away in a different state, it is best to give up my spot and come back in a few years once all these delays and initial hype of a new Lotus has gone away. Pushing me to this decision is that I have a line on a 2024 Porsche 911 Carrera S allocation and feel that the Porsche is a better path forward at this time. My initial experience with Lotus is that they are a small niche manufacturer and just don't have the staff or infrastructure in North America to support the brand the way it requires. The initial Emira quality issues will eventually be worked out, yet Lotus seems to be very slow to implement fixes/solutions. Probably a result of an under staffed engineering department that has their hands full at the moment. And with the Lotus Dealer 2 hours away, I rather not deal with the potential of multiple quality issues that require dealer support.
On the Porsche side, I have 2 dealer, each with-in 40 minutes of my home, and the Porsche Carrera S has already received EPA and CARB approval for Model Year 2024. Plus I can get some options that are not available on the Emira... like a Sunroof.
Screenshot 2023-10-16 181725.png

Screenshot 2023-10-16 181656.png

Screenshot 2023-10-16 182557.png

So I wish all those sticking it out the best! I am going to take a different path, yet will keep an eye out for an Emira in the future.
;)

I am out for all purposes. I have decided that since the closest Lotus Dealer is 2 hours away in a different state, it is best to give up my spot and come back in a few years once all these delays and initial hype of a new Lotus has gone away. Pushing me to this decision is that I have a line on a 2024 Porsche 911 Carrera S allocation and feel that the Porsche is a better path forward at this time. My initial experience with Lotus is that they are a small niche manufacturer and just don't have the staff or infrastructure in North America to support the brand the way it requires. The initial Emira quality issues will eventually be worked out, yet Lotus seems to be very slow to implement fixes/solutions. Probably a result of an under staffed engineering department that has their hands full at the moment. And with the Lotus Dealer 2 hours away, I rather not deal with the potential of multiple quality issues that require dealer support.
On the Porsche side, I have 2 dealer, each with-in 40 minutes of my home, and the Porsche Carrera S has already received EPA and CARB approval for Model Year 2024. Plus I can get some options that are not available on the Emira... like a Sunroof.
View attachment 32418
View attachment 32419
View attachment 32420

So I wish all those sticking it out the best! I am going to take a different path, yet will keep an eye out for an Emira in the future.
;)
Fine choice. I'm a 9914S owner, wife's car though. Should you change your name to 992KMan now? Curious if you were able to order the car without markup and how long the wait is? You probably wont be told expect it 'soon'. Porsche will probably tell you the exact date and time (and show you a build photo of it) it will be made and delivered. It will probably show up within +-1 day of that.

View attachment 32418
View attachment 32419
View attachment 32420

;)
Very nice! And yellow! I'm waiting for this, should be here in late Jan. But still keen on the Emira, hopefully I can roll over deposit into an S/R.

IMG_2660.jpeg

Not at all. I just have one foot in and one out, like a WO.
It's 100% hypocritical of you, when everyone who got their deposit back was at one point "in and out." But for you to call someone a "scrub" for taking up someone's else's space is exactly what you are doing right now if you end up canceling. Everyone has their own reasons and I feel like you're working up to yours.
Maybe don't comment at all when someone else decides to cancel? 🤔

***also wanted to add that I thought long and hard for MONTHS before finally deciding to get my deposit back. There were many reasons for me doing so. But I hardly think after 2 years of waiting and not even being in line for an FE, that I was wasting anyone's time.

It's 100% hypocritical of you, when everyone who got their deposit back was at one point "in and out." But for you to call someone a "scrub" for taking up someone's else's space is exactly what you are doing right now if you end up canceling. Everyone has their own reasons and I feel like you're working up to yours.
Maybe don't comment at all when someone else decides to cancel? 🤔

***also wanted to add that I thought long and hard for MONTHS before finally deciding to get my deposit back. There were many reasons for me doing so. But I hardly think after 2 years of waiting and not even being in line for an FE, that I was wasting anyone's time.
And yet, here you are. Looking for posts that justify your position? Feeling a little regret.

Fine choice. I'm a 9914S owner, wife's car though. Should you change your name to 992KMan now? Curious if you were able to order the car without markup and how long the wait is? You probably wont be told expect it 'soon'. Porsche will probably tell you the exact date and time (and show you a build photo of it) it will be made and delivered. It will probably show up within +-1 day of that.

Haha.... I think I will keep my 2015 981 Cayman as it has 90K miles, is in near perfect condition and is still a wonderful sports car. Even though I will be purchasing a new vehicle, I just can not seem to part with it, so I guess I will keep the "981KMAN" user name.

My Porsche Dealer sells at MSRP and I am told I should have an allocation in less than 6 months given their deposit list and allocation schedule, so close to the same time my Emira allocation might come around (if it ever does)... (I was a June 2022 Deposit).

We also have a 2019 911 Targa 4GTS and 2022 Boxster 25Year Anniversary Edition, so I am familiar with the Porsche Build Schedule and Tracking (Track Your Dreams) system.

When I made my Emira deposit, I was told my allocation should be available in about 12 months (+/-), probably (+) so around July 2023, and I thought it would be fun to try something other than Porsche. Well as we all know, Lotus has blown their schedule and the delays have given me more time to really think about the best car for my situation moving forward. Thus my decision to stay with the Porsche brand that I know well and has given me and my family loads of fun over the years, and has a significant support infrastructure (both Dealer & Independent) in close proximity if ever needed.
:)

And yet, here you are. Looking for posts that justify your position? Feeling a little regret.
Not really...And I frequent several car forums as I consider myself an enthusiast who is not brand loyal, though Porsche is my preferred auto maker. I don't even have a Porsche right now, but I'm still active on Rennlist and I will have another.

And this is not the only thread I read either. I'm interested in a lot of Emira news and updates. Again...I was in for nearly 2 years. I want the car to succeed. But when you jump on everyone who decides they're out, it baffles me why you care so much and seem personally offended?

Given the issues, lack of support and care from Lotus and the fact the only dealership near me is 3+ hours over a mountain pass, I really do not regret my decision at this point. And I really don't think many who've dropped out do either as they probably deliberated for a long time before finally pulling out. Just as you are now...

More and more I am thinking that by the time an EMIRA finally arrives on USA soil, the parts to service it might already be obsolete ….. the way things are.

More and more I am thinking that by the time an EMIRA finally arrives on USA soil, the parts to service it might already be obsolete ….. the way things are.

I have thought about this often -- but I think this risk applies to all low volume car manufacturers. At the very least the engine, clutch, brakes, and parts of the suspension control components can be readily sources used or new. The stuff that will be harder to get a hold of are transmission, electronics, interior, body panels, chassis and suspension arms.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back