I'm out - the cancellations thread

I had hoped not to to write this but after 2yrs and 5 months, I'm out.

I placed a deposit for an i4 with my dealer on 19th June 2021 which was subsequently transfrered to Lotus and I'm told my date was presereved. A further deposit and configuaration followed. It's been a real roller coaster of emotions not helped by very poor and often innaccurate communications from Lotus Customer Care. At no time have I felt I was beening treated like a customer buying a fairy high value item.

I've been a Lotus fan for the past eight years with my Elise 20th Anniversary edition but now would like something more GT orietated. The Emira fitted the bill especially with the promise of the AMG engine and DCT configuration and the promise of Lotus knowhow to bring the package together. I've allready missed this season of road trips and Club meets in the Emira (my first build date was NOV 22) and at my age, do not want miss another. On my last call to LCC (Nov 2nd) they stated my car was in still in build for Oct!. I'm not sure I'll see the car this year and the prospect of return trips to the Dealer to rectfy software issues along with no guarantee of a DCT gearbox software update that will make the car perform how I had hoped, has led me to cancel my order and ask for a refund. Maybe I will revisit in a year or so when further options (ADAS etc) are available. I still have my personal plate for the Emira on retention. Good luck and patience to all of you left in. I will await with interest to see how things develop and will continue to follow the forum.

I placed a deposit for an i4 with my dealer on 19th June 2021 which was subsequently transfrered to Lotus and I'm told my date was presereved. A further deposit and configuaration followed. It's been a real roller coaster of emotions not helped by very poor and often innaccurate communications from Lotus Customer Care. At no time have I felt I was beening treated like a customer buying a fairy high value item.

I've been a Lotus fan for the past eight years with my Elise 20th Anniversary edition but now would like something more GT orietated. The Emira fitted the bill especially with the promise of the AMG engine and DCT configuration and the promise of Lotus knowhow to bring the package together. I've allready missed this season of road trips and Club meets in the Emira (my first build date was NOV 22) and at my age, do not want miss another. On my last call to LCC (Nov 2nd) they stated my car was in still in build for Oct!. I'm not sure I'll see the car this year and the prospect of return trips to the Dealer to rectfy software issues along with no guarantee of a DCT gearbox software update that will make the car perform how I had hoped, has led me to cancel my order and ask for a refund. Maybe I will revisit in a year or so when further options (ADAS etc) are available. I still have my personal plate for the Emira on retention. Good luck and patience to all of you left in. I will await with interest to see how things develop and will continue to follow the forum.
You could always do what I did and pick up a dealer demo V6 auto (for now at least) with very low miles for less than your preseved i4 price, let alone the current V6 auto price - I doubt you’d be disappointed 😏

I guess that’s true to form Lotus. Recite an October delivery….in November. You really can’t make this up with them! Laughably sad at this juncture. Best thing that ever happened to Porsche sales….Lotus.

So I finally gave up on Lotus. I called the dealer where I placed my deposit. They said no refunds until they get car and sell it. After selling the car they will refund my deposit. She claimed delivery first quarter 2024. I'm looking for some opinions. Option number one accept what the dealer told me and wait for them to sell the car. Option number two take delivery of the car and sell it on BAT. Since I'm locked in at the lower price I would think there is potential to get some decent cash back for the wait. I can register in Montana to avoid paying sells tax. Any opinions greatly appreciated. Thanks and hope the Emira makes it here. I still love the looks but to long of a wait and to many small issues adding up overseas. Might be back for a final model after issues worked out. Still interested on how all of this shakes out and will follow the journey.

So I finally gave up on Lotus. I called the dealer where I placed my deposit. They said no refunds until they get car and sell it. After selling the car they will refund my deposit. She claimed delivery first quarter 2024. I'm looking for some opinions. Option number one accept what the dealer told me and wait for them to sell the car. Option number two take delivery of the car and sell it on BAT. Since I'm locked in at the lower price I would think there is potential to get some decent cash back for the wait. I can register in Montana to avoid paying sells tax. Any opinions greatly appreciated. Thanks and hope the Emira makes it here. I still love the looks but to long of a wait and to many small issues adding up overseas. Might be back for a final model after issues worked out. Still interested on how all of this shakes out and will follow the journey.
Tough call - I guess it would depend on your market - why not just sell it to @tvs_1320 - He's been waiting lol... but in all honesty, you can probably list it on here for sale and someone should pick it up for the F/E V2 price.

Alternatively once you get a VIN can you not list it on Autotrader before you get the car? At least that way you can get a feel for demand on pre-owned market before you put it on BAT?

They cannot keep your money for a vehicle that does not exist and you have no intention of purchasing. You could contact your credit card company and probably tell them to charge it back.

PS - You now are no longer allowed to post on any of the pages of this forum because you obviously don't care anything about the car 😉

I am really surprised to see no new post here after I4 news 😅

I requested a refund and no reply until a few days later, and still no refund. Will deal with this next week and just show up at the dealer and force it through at this point. So dissapointing.

Did your CC company charge it back for you? The dealer pays a fee when that happens; screw em.

I'm officially out. But upgraded anyway, got myself a Lotus Europa S (2006). My old car, an Elise 111s (Rover 2005) is for sale at the Lotus Dealer in Houten, The Netherlands.

Attachments

• 33708038-7.jpg
    33708038-7.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 33708038-6.jpg
    33708038-6.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 68
  • 33708038-5.jpg
    33708038-5.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 33708038-4.jpg
    33708038-4.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 66
  • 33708038-3.jpg
    33708038-3.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 33708038-2.jpg
    33708038-2.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 72
  • Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2023-11-25 om 12.09.39_cd3ffe0e.jpg
    Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2023-11-25 om 12.09.39_cd3ffe0e.jpg
    594.1 KB · Views: 74
I am trying to get out too. Unfortunately, true to Lotus form, I’m being ghosted by Boardwalk dealership.. They have ignored 2 formal emails requesting a refund. Time to pick up the phone and start hounding them.

On a side note, I’ve been speaking with a local Porsche dealership about a GTS. Their customer service has been stellar which just further sours me with Lotus.

I'm officially out. But upgraded anyway, got myself a Lotus Europa S (2006). My old car, an Elise 111s (Rover 2005) is for sale at the Lotus Dealer in Houten, The Netherlands.
Congratulations with this nice Europa S........
I wish you many nice trips with this beauty.
wkr, Ruud

With the latest news from Lotus that FE1 and FE2 deliveries will not occur until they have CARB approval, and that is expected around the end of January 2024.... I am so glad I got out! I was a June 2022 Deposit.

Since getting out, I already have an allocation for a 2024 Porsche 911 Carrera S, configured just the way I want, and an Estimated Delivery date of 03/29/2024. I will most likely take delivery prior to some waiting for their Emira First Edition cars.

I feel a little sorry for those folks that have waited so long, and got sucked into the "Give your Build & Extra Deposit" BS that are further locked-in, just to have to wait even further for their Emiras...... Yet, I could see this coming given the delays after delays after delays.

And to add insult to injury, Lotus says the Emira Delivery Charge is $2350! WTF? Porsche only charges $1650 and has to ship a little further.

So glad I bailed on the Emira!!

With the latest news from Lotus that FE1 and FE2 deliveries will not occur until they have CARB approval, and that is expected around the end of January 2024.... I am so glad I got out! I was a June 2022 Deposit.

Since getting out, I already have an allocation for a 2024 Porsche 911 Carrera S, configured just the way I want, and an Estimated Delivery date of 03/29/2024. I will most likely take delivery prior to some waiting for their Emira First Edition cars.

I feel a little sorry for those folks that have waited so long, and got sucked into the "Give your Build & Extra Deposit" BS that are further locked-in, just to have to wait even further for their Emiras...... Yet, I could see this coming given the delays after delays after delays.

And to add insult to injury, Lotus says the Emira Delivery Charge is $2350! WTF? Porsche only charges $1650 and has to ship a little further.

So glad I bailed on the Emira!!
I have to say I agree with you. I bailed in May of this year and had a July '21 deposit. The writing was on the wall. Not just with delays, but the problems owners were experiencing just wasn't something I wanted to sign up for.

So sorry for all of those locked in who have no choice. I hope this batch of US cars will be more trouble free. The Emira is gorgeous, but just like with other things, that only goes so far.

I almost feel like I was conned. I locked in my order on August 20, 2023, USA. I feel like lotus kept the delay under wraps until we were locked in.

Reactions: vdr
I almost feel like I was conned. I locked in my order on August 20, 2023, USA. I feel like lotus kept the delay under wraps until we were locked in.
I think you and all who were asked to "Lock-in" their order in August/September were deceived. With no guarantee on a build or delivery date, you were asked to give an additional deposit which forced most folks to buy the car at some unknown date in the future. Yes, unfortunately you were conned! Lotus appears to be a third rate company, says one thing, does another - does not keep their word.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back